“Nice hotel”

Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Hlohovec, Slovakia
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was looking for a hotel to stay at during a conference at Baltimore Convention Centre, and I found this hotel on hotels.com website. What caught my eye is that it was an old warehouse building converted into a hotel, as i always try to support companies that invest into revitalizing old buildings in urban areas. Sleep Inn has done very good job in bringing the building back to life.
My room with 2 double beds was very spacious with modern decor. Wifi worked well, and the room was spotless clean.
Front desk service was prompt and attentive, Chris on the night shift was extremely helpful and friendly.
Hotel was only a short walk from the Inner Harbor. Parking was $15 a day which is reasonable.
I have enjoyed my stay and whenever I return to Baltimore i will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TomasBillik
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. We appreciate you recognizing us for our originality! We love being able to provide spacious modern rooms, and at a great rate!

We look forward to welcoming you back in Charm City on your next trip to Baltimore. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

lucy@sleepinnbaltimore.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Stow, Ohio
Reviewed October 30, 2013

When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly desk clerk that was very helpful and efficient. We have stayed at this hotel before our cruises several times and have found the hotel clean, quiet, spacious rooms and friendly staff. A great deal if leaving car for travel or cruise. The free continental breakfast was very adequate, plenty of choices. The staff helps make our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Welcome back to the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! We hope to continue to welcoming you back to Baltimore, and provide you with the same exceptional service every time. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when making future reservations, and I will be happy to assist you.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is in a very rough area of Baltimore near police station juvenile hall and the area they call The Block which is where a lot of vice prositution and drug crime happens. You essentially have to walk through some pretty rough areas to get from hotel to Inner Harbor. It is not a safe walk. That being said, the hotel is a kinda oasis in this area - slightly secluded and off the main road from al the action. Parking is adjacent to the hotel (daily fee) and a guard is checking on cars every 15 or so minutes or at least hourly throughout the night. The hotel lobby is really nice and modern. But check in took forever - the staff needs to look behind the person they are servicing and if they see 2 other parties in line don't take time on such small details as what they can see out their window - be polite and expedient and move on! The rooms were nice. Sparsly furnished with minimal furniture save the bed and a desk/chair. The bathrooms were a little dated. Nothing ugly or bad just nothing drop-dead awesome. I guess it's about right for price and a major metropolitian city area and what you get; about as good as could be expected. Not luxury but it does not say Ritz on the sign, either. So expect Sleep Inn not The Ritz.

Room Tip: Don't walk around at night at all, and don't take a laptop or anything expensive with you if...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mark W
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I have worked at the hotel for over two years now and find the area to be safe. I take the short ten minute walk to the harbor at least once a week and find all of Baltimore's attractions to be in close distance to the hotel. We are not located near where the Vice was filmed or the 'block' as you mentioned in your review.

I apologize for your delayed check in, our front desk team is trained to make sure that all of our guests are given all the amount of information needed/requested during the check in process to make their stay as enjoyable as possible. The new Designed to Dream theme that has been developed for all Sleep Inn's is modern and fresh, with a 'no clutter' feeling, which may be why you thought the room had minimal furniture - many of our guests love the decor of our rooms. I'm happy to read you liked our lobby, my favorite part are the waterfalls as you enter the hotel!

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Baltimore, and thank you for choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites.

Cortlandt Manor, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The hotel was clean and everything worked. The staff was very friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay great. The breakfast was very good and we even had free wine and cheese on Thursday night. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JoEllen G
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites. I am pleased you were able to attend our weekly Wine and Cheese Happy Hour, we love the opportunity to talk to our guests! I'm glad you enjoyed our free hot breakfast buffet and found are staff to be friendly, i'll be sure to pass along your kind words to all of my team.

Please let me know if I can be of any help with future reservations.

Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Ii was very pleased with this hotel because it was very CLEAN (which I find most important) and overall nice. The staff was professional, helpful and friendly. There was security in the lobby which was nice. The rates were reasonable. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CMT5
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Last night upon checking in there was some supposed computer error and it charged my card not once, not twice, but three times. This overdrafted my bank account even though the charges were reversed because they are all still pending charges until after the holiday weekend. I'm still left with the bank fees. Then after calling my bank and moving money to my account again this morning I was charged THREE more times by another employee while I was sleeping in my room and she was somehow attempting to check me in because it didn't work yesterday?!? Let me repeat. I was charged SIX DIFFERENT TIMES for one room. Totalling $2232.89. I have requested to speak to a manager twice, left my contact information at the desk and have yet to be contacted by management. I watched the clerk at the desk call her manager and leave a voicemail almost three hours ago and have yet to be contacted. There is no excuse for that. Had management responded when this issue first occurred yesterday I would not be nearly as upset. In fact if I had only been charged the first three times I wouldn't be as upset. But now I am out of town and my bank account is basically frozen.

Corporate headquarters will be getting a very strongly worded letter as well. I travel almost monthly for work and have never seen such terrible service. I will never stay here again. Possibly not at any of their affiliated hotels either. Unbelievable.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank Cvengrin
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
As I discussed with you at the time of your check out, we were experiencing technical difficulties with our computer system, causing multiple charges to your card, all of which were refunded immediately. Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused, and not being available to immediately call you concerning this matter. I am glad I was able to speak with you before you checked out. Please email or fax me the bank fees as requested so we can pay them for you.

I hope that you will see this an as insolated incident, and will choose to stay with us on any future trips to Baltimore.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed here the first night of our business/vacation trip to Charm City. I really wanted to stay here the whole time in MD, but everything was booked up due to a convention. The staff, in particular Tyler at the front desk, was great. Very accommodating and a wealth of knowledge. The room was clean and served it's purpose nicely. If anything the walls are a little thin, as the guy next door woke me when he returned after a night out partying. But, he was so loud perhaps I would have heard him no matter where I stayed. The $15 for parking seemed very reasonable considering what we paid elsewhere on this trip. The free breakfast was a nice touch, not great but again served it's purpose. I would recommend Sleep Inn Downtown and will stay here should I return to Baltimore.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Roy D
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing about your recent experience at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! I'm sorry you were not able to stay with us for your whole trip, I believe during the time of your visit it was the Natural Products Expo which sold out the entire city.

As you mentioned our front desk staff is very knowledgeable about Charm City! I will be sure to pass along your kind comments and let them know they were very helpful. They love to hear back from our satisfied guests.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you need help with any future reservations.