“Good location, excellent staff”

Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed here the first night of our business/vacation trip to Charm City. I really wanted to stay here the whole time in MD, but everything was booked up due to a convention. The staff, in particular Tyler at the front desk, was great. Very accommodating and a wealth of knowledge. The room was clean and served it's purpose nicely. If anything the walls are a little thin, as the guy next door woke me when he returned after a night out partying. But, he was so loud perhaps I would have heard him no matter where I stayed. The $15 for parking seemed very reasonable considering what we paid elsewhere on this trip. The free breakfast was a nice touch, not great but again served it's purpose. I would recommend Sleep Inn Downtown and will stay here should I return to Baltimore.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Roy D
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing about your recent experience at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! I'm sorry you were not able to stay with us for your whole trip, I believe during the time of your visit it was the Natural Products Expo which sold out the entire city.

As you mentioned our front desk staff is very knowledgeable about Charm City! I will be sure to pass along your kind comments and let them know they were very helpful. They love to hear back from our satisfied guests.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you need help with any future reservations.

410-779-6166 Ext.110

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We booked a cruise package that was supposed to include parking and round trip transfers to the port.
The hotel is very nice, updated and modern. We ordered Italian in and it wasn't too good. We ate Krispy Kreme doughnuts in our room rather than get up early for breakfast.
when we checked out I saw we were charged $15.00 parking. I was told everyone pays the parking fee but with the cruise package the rest of the parking was free. they said everywhere in Baltimore they charged for parking. When I got home, I did some research and it appears the Inner Harbor area is where they charge.
They shuttle to the pier was an old man in an old rickety van. He just stood there while we all loaded our luggage (3 couples). When we got to the pier we were unloaded about as far away from the terminal entrance as possible. The driver helped a little unloading and I had to have them find my carry on which was already put on a cart. Very unprofessional I thought.
When we returned after the cruise, I called and was told 25 minutes. After 40 minutes I called and was told he was stuck in traffic but was almost there. 15 minutes later he showed up. Same driver and same van. There was 2 couples there. He had all of the seats in the van and there was no place for the luggage. We had to hand the luggage in to him and he put it on the seats. My wife sat in the back and he wanted me back there too. I am a large guy and there was no way I could squeeze back there. The other lady went back with my wife. The 2 guys sat on the second row of seats. The luggage was behind us and shifted during the trip back. Everything would have been easier but he had a woman in the front passenger seat that I am guessing was his wife.
I am not big on paying for parking at a hotel. It's a really nice hotel but the next time I'll book where I was originally going to stay. It was a little cheaper, no charge for parking and use a professional shuttle service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dwb110
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We truly enjoyed our visit. This was the best hotel on our week long trip and the most outstanding spot in Baltimore. Baltimore was a bummer, but this hotel made it better. The woman who checked us in was a bundle of information. She made us feel special. Told us where and where not to walk to safely. We walked to the Inner Harbor (which we thought was closer). Don't know if we would do at night. Best bed ever. The room and hotel were beautiful. So different from other Sleep Inns. Reminded us of a boutique hotel. They watch out for your safety. The breakfast was average, but the attendant was very pleasant and attentive to your needs. We don't need to return to Baltimore, but if we did this is where we would stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor on your recent visit to Baltimore. We love to hear feedback from our satisfied guests! I am sorry to hear Baltimore was not your favorite destination on your trip but glad to know we were the best hotel!

I'm happy to read you found our front desk to be “a bundle of information!” We make sure to know the ins-and-outs of the city so we can pass along this information to our guests.

Thank you again for sharing with us and the TripAdvisor community about your recent stay.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were a little concerned as we drove to this Sleep Inn. The surrounding area is pretty grim looking. However the exterior and interior of the hotel were beautiful! I love that they left special touches to pay homage to the original building (a warehouse). Cement walls and metal beams are left exposed in certain areas. The room was just right for the two of us and the breakfast was delicious. Kim, the breakfast hostess, was quick to clear our plates and offered to make us waffles, both of which I doubt were in her job description. There were a couple of negatives - the bathroom door wouldn't stay open (we wedged a towel under it so I could chat with my hubby who was watching tv while I was doing my hair/makeup for the evenings), the elevator broke at some point in the night so we had to walk down and up 4 flights of stairs in the morning (thankfully it was fixed before checkout so we didn't have to drag our luggage down the stairs), and we were 10 minutes too late in arriving to enjoy the free Thursday night happy hour!!! lol Otherwise it was a perfect two-night stay.

Room Tip: Based on a previous review, we asked for a room on the top floor to avoid street noise. We could st...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to my staff. Especially Kim, our newest member of the team!

I apologize for the inconvenience of the elevator. We tried our best to get it up and running as soon as possible, but realize it was down for a short period of time.

The Sleep Inn and Suites hope to welcome you back soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need help when making future reservations.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I came to Baltimore out of necessity - not pleasure. I had to have a consultation with a doctor at Johns Hopkins and we chose this hotel for three reasons: The Trip Advisor reviews, cost, and proximity to Johns Hopkins.

But had I been coming to Baltimore for fun, I would have been happy staying at this hotel as well. The friendliest people we met in the whole city were the staff at The Sleep Inn. They were very eager to make sure we had all we needed - from towels to delivery menus to hospital shuttle service. And I felt like I was home in Tennessee because of the warmth they showed us.

(There was a slight miscommunication about the shuttle to Johns Hopkins - the hotel provides a shuttle there on the hour. At check-in, we were put down for 7:30am and not told that a shuttle before 8am would be a $10 cost. But we paid it and shrugged it off. It happens and isn't worth freaking out about. Plus, Muhammad, our driver, was a riot! And he shared a lot of stories about the area and tips about traveling out of town.)

The room - big airy ceilings, roomy closet, large bathroom, tidy walk-in shower, good water pressure, CLEAN, nice channel selection, better than average breakfast, and a GREAT bed. I have had to travel a lot because of my health, and this was the best night's sleep I'd had in a hotel in a long time. Plus, it was quiet. So quiet and so calm with a white, tan, and green paint scheme that was soothing after a crappy day at the hospital.

There aren't a lot of restaurants right around the hotel. But that's the area...not the hotel's fault. I saw several very "upscale" hotels with no food around them...simply because they weren't on "restaurant row." If you aren't local and don't know the Mom & Pop places, the only option is to walk/drive/ride the bus to the inner harbor and play tourist (which we did at stop 111 on the green route.) But ask the front desk for delivery menus if you aren't looking for a 'Baltimore' food experience.

Also, please don't fear the homeless folks that you may see. You have more of a chance of a rude resident bothering you than one of the poor people trying to rest nearby. We felt no unease with the FEW that we saw. And the parking rate was, when compared with other hotels, was very reasonable.

I don't imagine I'll be back to Baltimore. But IF I had to come, I would look to this hotel as a haven in a tough city.

Thanks, guys! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank easrsquatch

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! I am happy to hear we were able to turn your hospital visit to Baltimore into a pleasant experience. My staff works hard to provide exemplary service to all our guest. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments, we all love to hear back from our satisfied customers.

In your review you mentioned a few of my favorite things including our large rooms, clean atmosphere, and delicious breakfast! I also enjoy the calming decor, especially the two waterfalls in the main entrance, this makes for the perfect place to rest after a long day!

Being just ten minute walk to the inner harbor I thoroughly taking my lunch break with a quick stroll down to one of the restaurants nearby. We are quite lucky to be located on the Charm City Circulator route as this makes moving about the city even more accessible.

I hope to welcome you back to the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor in hopes that your next visit is strictly for vacation! We wish you the best. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any help when making future reservations.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Certainly convenient to everything. Another of those hotels we could dump the car and we thought the parking price was reasonable for a large city.
We could walk or take the circulator bus everywhere although the bus wasn`t great and at times it was quicker to walk.
Loved the old revamped building. Room had a king bed, computer desk, and free wifi. Loved having a huge shower for a change. Get sick of clambering into baths.
Was a really easy walk to the inner harbour although we had a bit of trouble finding somewhere handy to eat, unusual for us.
The free breakfast was handy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! From reading your review it looks like you were able to explore much of Baltimore! I myself love to explore the city on foot, especially as were just a moment’s walk from all the major attractions.

I hope to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any help when making feature reservations.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I arrived on Friday night ; tired,hungry and just wanting to get settled. The desk clerk was working 3 jobs (and ? going to school). She was fabulous !!!!!!! She had a great personality and took care of the 3 of us without a blink of an eye. She then helped with suggestions for supper and even played with our silly jokes. Her name.... was Treasure. The other desk clerks were also very friendly and helpful.
They do have a free breakfast and the meal room attendant was upbeat,pleasant and efficient. She even told us about the outdoor seating on our 2nd morning. She said that others had indicated that it was the same breakfast as you would get anywhere. I truly believe the ingredients might be the same but the breakfast was so much better. Deb truly made our stay so nice that I plan to stay anytime I'm in Baltimore.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Txomin_51

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. My staff works hard to provide every guest with a memorable experience. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments.

It’s a great feeling knowing we exceeded your expatiations. We hope to welcome you back soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need any assistance making feature reservations.