We booked a cruise package that was supposed to include parking and round trip transfers to the port.
The hotel is very nice, updated and modern. We ordered Italian in and it wasn't too good. We ate Krispy Kreme doughnuts in our room rather than get up early for breakfast.
when we checked out I saw we were charged $15.00 parking. I was told everyone pays the parking fee but with the cruise package the rest of the parking was free. they said everywhere in Baltimore they charged for parking. When I got home, I did some research and it appears the Inner Harbor area is where they charge.
They shuttle to the pier was an old man in an old rickety van. He just stood there while we all loaded our luggage (3 couples). When we got to the pier we were unloaded about as far away from the terminal entrance as possible. The driver helped a little unloading and I had to have them find my carry on which was already put on a cart. Very unprofessional I thought.
When we returned after the cruise, I called and was told 25 minutes. After 40 minutes I called and was told he was stuck in traffic but was almost there. 15 minutes later he showed up. Same driver and same van. There was 2 couples there. He had all of the seats in the van and there was no place for the luggage. We had to hand the luggage in to him and he put it on the seats. My wife sat in the back and he wanted me back there too. I am a large guy and there was no way I could squeeze back there. The other lady went back with my wife. The 2 guys sat on the second row of seats. The luggage was behind us and shifted during the trip back. Everything would have been easier but he had a woman in the front passenger seat that I am guessing was his wife.
I am not big on paying for parking at a hotel. It's a really nice hotel but the next time I'll book where I was originally going to stay. It was a little cheaper, no charge for parking and use a professional shuttle service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just blocks from the Downtown Inner Harbor and Harbor East, Sleep Inn Baltimore Downtown Inner Harbor offers all of the advantages business travelers and leisure guests are looking for, in a quiet and convenient setting. Walking distance to most of the area's attractions, experience the value of the Sleep Inn brand; within a warm, historic setting. As a beautiful retrofit to a 20th century warehouse, the hotel includes exposed brick and waterfalls that adorn both sides of the main entrance and provide a dramatic introduction to a lobby with 25' ceilings. Quality at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, HotelsforEveryone and Priceline so you can book your Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Sleep Inn And Suites Downtown Inner Harbor