“Unparalleled Service”

Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore

Unparalleled Service

I stayed at this Sleep Inn from July 9,2013 through July 13, 2013. I was in Baltimore to give a presentation at a national conference and came in a day early on a red eye, hoping to get some rest before my presentation partner arrived. We had planned to share a room to reduce expenses.

Our room was very,very large nicely decorated and then there was the bathroom The bathroom was so spacious you could have set up a paddle tennis table, had a match, and still have had room for someone to shave and shower.

The room was immaculate.The beds were large and comfortable. The bedding was excellent. It was quiet inside and out in the neighborhood.

I’ve stayed in hotels in twenty three countries. I’ve had some exceptional front desk service but none that superseded the service provided by the staff at this Sleep Inn. Glen,Treasure,Tyler and Aquil were marvelous. Take note rest of the world. This staff could show you how it’s done.

Lucy Boston is the general manager of this facility. Ms. Boston doesn’t skip a beat. If there’s anything she feels guests should know a letter is slipped under your door with an update.

The Sleep Inn is within walking distance of the inner harbor shops, restaurants and convention center. I’ll stay here when in Baltimore.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Vei1962
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! From reading your review you mentioned a few of my favorite things like or specious rooms, comfortable beds, and efficient staff.

As General Manager I strive to keep things running smoothly throughout all aspects of the hotel. My staff and I love to here we have achieved this and left guests with a memorable experience!

We truly appreciate you kind comments and hope to welcome you back the soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you need any assistance in making feature reservations!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years. It has always been very nice but since Lucy took over as the general manager and Lola as the sales manager it has become excellent! Tyler and the rest of the staff are friendly and professional. The best Choice Hotel property I have ever stayed at. I cannot recommend a better place for TWICE the price in Baltimore. Although I heard the young energetic owner is building a boutique hotel near by. I might have to check that one out once it is finished.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim W

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! We greatly appreciate your willingness to share your experience and hope to welcome you back soon!

I will be sure to share you kind comments with the rest of the staff! We strive to make a memorable impression on every guest and love to hear when we have! Thank you again for your continued business.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you need assistance when making feature reservations!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed for 3 days. It is a clean comfortable economy hotel with a few plusses and a few minuses. The bed was comfortable, but the only other furnishings were a desk and desk chair. - no place for two people to sit. There was no in-room safe, little drawer space and few hangars in the closet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a bit disappointing. The eggs were baked round disks of some vaguely egg-like yellow substance. (Looked like a smiley-face without the smile.) The sausage patties were swimming in grease. One of the two toasters didn't work. The waffles and yogurt were good though.

The location is almost good, but a little far from the inner harbor. There is no hotel restaurant and only a few within 4-5 blocks. It is about a half mile walk to the National Aquarium and inner harbor restaurants and shops, and about the same to the many Italian restaurants in the Little Italy neighborhood. If you are not up to walking, the free Charm City Circulator busses sort of work for these trips, but it's a round-about route and you have to change between the Green and Orange lines midway. There is no hotel shuttle. To or from BWI airport you can take the Super Shuttle ($14/person one way) or a Taxi (Yellow/Checker $30 flat rate; other cabs $35-40).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NW_Happy_Feet

Thank you for choosing to share your recent experience at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. As you mentioned in you review we are a short 5-10 minute walk to the Inner Harbor and are lucky enough to have the Charm City Circulator bus stop just outside our hotel!

From reading your review I noticed you would have liked an in-room safe. Some of our rooms come equip with the safe however, it is upon request. Please be sure to mention this during your next visit!

We hope to welcome you back to Charm City soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you need assistance when booking feature reservations.

JYNorflet
My wife, my older daughter and myself stayed at he 301 Fallsway sleep-in & suites for 2 nights and 3 days. Overall the hotel was very nice, organized and the staff had great personalities. The room was a good size as was the bed. I was happy to have the free morning breakfast as an option, but could have been a bit better quality. My biggest issue was the $15.00 per night parking which effectively increased the room rate. I felt this was a hidden charge as it was the staff made absolutely no mention of until my daughter happened to notice the small sign n the front desk. It was explained that other hotels in the area charge $25 and up, I've always been taught 2 wrongs don't make a right. 1 last comment, The shortest walking path to the Inner Harbor seemed to be Gay street, be careful at night, this seems to be where the city administrators are stashing their homeless (sad site to see but reality).
CarCarePro.org - Save money & the environment with Electric cars -

Room Tip: The room was good. There were no cups in the bathroom but were available upon request. the top floor...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us in Charm City while attending the Grand Prix. As you mentioned we are the perfect location while visiting downtown Baltimore as we are just a moments walk!

As in any large city parking is always a struggle. We are fortunate enough to have our own private lot for guest use. We do our best to make guest aware of the $15 parking charge by placing our policy sign at our front desk for guest to read. We also asking guest to initial in agreement next to the charge on their registration card during check in.

I hope to welcome you back soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you need any assistance when booking feature reservations.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and once again everything was perfect. We were sad that Lou no longer works there but was equally pleased with Debby in the breakfast area. The gentleman on the front desk with the accent (sorry did not get his name) was soooo helpful, letting us know what was going on in the area as well as what we couldn't do due to a racing event in the inner harbor area. Once again we went to the Sunday farmer's market across the street and loved it. Did bring a cooler this time and filled it with meat, shellfish, veggies cheese, wine, etc. to take back to NY. Amazing!! We will sooo be back and we tell everyone to stay there when vacationing.So much to do and see and all within walking distance.

Room Tip: All the rooms are huge
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Welcome back to the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. We strive for the best customer service and to make our guests' stay as convenient and pleasing as possible! I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with the rest of the team. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help with future stays at our hotel we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here for one night. It was very clean and good location not a far walk to the harbor. Room was very spacious and the bed was pretty comfortable as well. So glad we booked this hotel. Everyone was very helpful at the front desk. They offer a free breakfast which was a plus and the parking was only 15 a night some of the other hotels were charging 35 a night. Please use the Green bus which is free and the stop is at the Holiday inn right next to this hotel. It will drop you off 2 block from the harbor so you don't have to walk as far. if you want good Seafood try Moe's. It's a local place and the green bus drops you right off across the street. Not fancy at all and needs some sprucing up but the food was very good and they give you big portions. We did the boat tour at the harbor. You pay one price for touring four historic boats I would recommend it if you want to do something else besides the aquarium. Would definitely stay here again, hotel was very clean and everyone was very helpful and friendly. Good value as well and still close to everything.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank deeannca

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Baltimore, your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. We strive for the best customer service and to make our guests' stay as convenient and pleasing as possible!

I am glad you were able to take advantage of the hospital shuttle during your stay. As you said there is also the Green Charm City Circulator that stops just outside the hotel. This is one of out of the 3 routes that cover the entire downtown area.

I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with the rest of the team. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help with future stays at our hotel.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were visiting the Inner Harbor area for two days, one night with our young children. We chose Sleep Inn mainly for the price but also the great reviews on TripAdvisor.com. We were pretty happy with our choice. The room was very large and spacious. The entire hotel looked newly renovated. The breakfast in the morning was great, they even had a station to make fresh waffles.
The couple of things we did not like...
Although you can easily walk to the harbor and Little Italy we did not feel very comfortable walking at night. The park next to the church is filled with homeless people sleeping there. The hotel is just slightly off the beaten path, and not in a good way. In the room there was a hole by the window which was fixed by placing two plastic wall protectors over it. There was also what looked like a blood stain on the curtain.
Overall we had a great stay but I probably would choose to stay closer to the action and pay slightly more for a hotel and parking. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel if you are on a budget. Just be very aware of your surroundings if you plan to walk.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Didojen

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! You mentioned a few of my favorite things in your review including our large rooms and breakfast selection.

Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. As in any large city, unfortunately there are homeless people, and you will see them around the whole city. During my time working at the Sleep Inn & Suites I have made many trips to the Inner Harbor, and I have not once been approached by a homeless person. I do not believe that they are a threat or offer an unsafe environment to our guests. I am sure that other hotels within the city will encounter the same issue.

I hope to welcome you back sometime in the near feature. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help with future stays at our hotel.