“Great Stay, Better than Expected”

Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were visiting the Inner Harbor area for two days, one night with our young children. We chose Sleep Inn mainly for the price but also the great reviews on TripAdvisor.com. We were pretty happy with our choice. The room was very large and spacious. The entire hotel looked newly renovated. The breakfast in the morning was great, they even had a station to make fresh waffles.
The couple of things we did not like...
Although you can easily walk to the harbor and Little Italy we did not feel very comfortable walking at night. The park next to the church is filled with homeless people sleeping there. The hotel is just slightly off the beaten path, and not in a good way. In the room there was a hole by the window which was fixed by placing two plastic wall protectors over it. There was also what looked like a blood stain on the curtain.
Overall we had a great stay but I probably would choose to stay closer to the action and pay slightly more for a hotel and parking. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel if you are on a budget. Just be very aware of your surroundings if you plan to walk.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Didojen
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! You mentioned a few of my favorite things in your review including our large rooms and breakfast selection.

Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. As in any large city, unfortunately there are homeless people, and you will see them around the whole city. During my time working at the Sleep Inn & Suites I have made many trips to the Inner Harbor, and I have not once been approached by a homeless person. I do not believe that they are a threat or offer an unsafe environment to our guests. I am sure that other hotels within the city will encounter the same issue.

I hope to welcome you back sometime in the near feature. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help with future stays at our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 30 wedding anniversary. Our hotel stay was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We checked in on a Thursday, parked our car and didn't move it until check out Sunday. Was surprised to find that we could walk every where we wanted to go. We enjoyed it very much. We will stay there again. Very clean and decorated nicely. Many thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Happy belated anniversary and thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor for such a special trip! It was our privilege to help you celebrate such an exciting time.

I am happy to hear you found our hotel to be in the perfect location. I myself enjoy many walks to the Inner Harbor. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you on your next trip to Baltimore! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when making feature reservations.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and were very glad we booked this hotel. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was good. We were there on a Thursday night they had a complimentary beer, wine and cheese happy hour. We went to Fells Point which is a short drive away. I enjoyed walking around there. I will be back to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at our hotel, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. My staff takes great pride in their work and tries to ensure each guest leaves with a memorable experience. I am happy to hear we were able to achieve this during your stay.

Glad to hear you were able to make it to our wine and cheese happy hour. This is one way we like to show our guest appreciation in choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you on your next trip to Baltimore! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when making feature reservations.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

My main reason for coming to Baltimore was to complete a couple for steps in the Police process. This hotel was a two minute walk from police headquarters. It was a beautiful hotel, very modern and clean. The rooms were unbelievable..very large! Parking was $15 dollars per night. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a free breakfast in the morning that starts at 6am, which was great! I highly recommend this hotel for anyone in the police process in Baltimore City or anyone looking to enjoy the inner harbor!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jatracy3

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! You mentioned a few of my favorite things in my review including our large rooms and free breakfast. I am happy to hear you found us to be the perfect hotel while visiting the Police Academy.

We wish you the best of luck in your interview process and hope to see you on your next trip to Baltimore! We are here for you! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when making feature reservations.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at the Sleep Inn On August 21-22, 2013. I was very impressed with the hotel. It felt like a resort feel. The hotel is very clean and smells good. I attended a concert that was located at the Pier 6 and it was a easy walking distance from the hotel to the location. We enjoyed the location. Most of all I felt so special when I checked into my room and there was a letter from the manager greeting me using my name welcoming me with some snacks. Also my name was listed in the elevator welcoming and thanking me for the stay. I have the rewards and I was able to check out at 2:00pm. Tyler the receptionist was so friendly. They really made me feel so welcomed. If this is the way that I am going to be treated then for now on I will make sure that I reserve a room at the Sleep Inn. When ever I go to Baltimore Inner Harbor I will be staying at this location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JovonneO

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review! We love to hear our guest have left with a memorable experience. I am pleased we were able to surpass your expiations and provide you with a “resort feel.”

Here at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor we take the time to make sure each guest is recognized and appreciated. My staff and I hope to welcome you back to Charm City on your next trip to Baltimore! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when making feature reservations.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel is in a converted warehouse - the decor is very interesting - the location is about 2 miles walking distance from Camden Yards and the Inner Harbor - the staff was very pleasant and accomodating. Breakfast is the usual non descript free one - the hostess was very efficient - the coffee was Poor - the brand or the brewing machine needs to be changed. We were a little concerned about the parking area - very tight though it did work out. The value was certainly there.

Room Tip: request a room at the back of the hotel - away from the main road - although we did bring our sound...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! I am happy to hear you found our hotel to be of exceptional value! My staff works hard to provide nothing but the best service for all our guest.

I as well enjoy our location! It is so nice to be able to walk to the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards. On your next trip to Baltimore be sure to try out the Charm City Circulator there is a stop just outside the hotel. This is a free bus provided by the city the runs through the Inner Harbor, making it quite convenient to get to any location!

We hope to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any help when making feature reservations at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I spent 3 nights here. I really liked the service at this Sleep Inn. The breakfast was pleasant, the rooms were well made, and the front desk was friendly and helpful. The rooms themselves are aesthetically pleasing, at least to me. The straight edges and well placed lightning combined with a subdued color scheme made me at ease here. Although it isn't exactly in the heart of the inner harbor, it isn't very far from it. Pricing wasn't that bad either, compared to other hotels in the inner harbor. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to just about everyone who is looking to plan a stay at the inner harbor.

Room Tip: I don't know anything about the first floor, but the second floor has laundry, ice, and vending...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Isaac L
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you weighting us such a wonderful review. I am happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expatiation's. My staff works hard to ensure each guest has a memorable experience, I will be sure to pass along your king comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any help in booking feature reservations