“What a nice place and discovery”

Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
MTL,QC CANADA
“What a nice place and discovery”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

What to make of a Sleep Inn..CHOICE HOTELS are really sprucing up their image and this Sleep Inn & Suites in Downtown Inner Harbor Baltimore is worth the visit and proof of this direction from this Hotel Brand.
As a Choice Privilege member it was a toss up between the Quality Inn and Sleep INN. My Family and I are glad we opted for the Sleep Inn.
Location is great and we experienced no security issues with areas.The area is minutes away from everything. 5-15 minute walks will get to Little Italy and Inner Harbor.
My family and I really enjoyed our stay and Baltimore as a whole. Great friendly welcome from Front Desk receptionist and the whole property feels new and modern and it shows that some designer elements and proper planning have been employed to contribute to the feel you get as a guest upon entering the property. The tables outside along with the floral arrangements were a hit with my wife who loved the layout. Most importantly the rooms are spacious, clean, smell great (just like the whole property in general)and extremely well functional. Flat screen TV on wall, great desk work area. The Hotel feels like a boutique Hotel but it is not.
We did not have Fridge & Microwave due to our room selection but some rooms have them. No in-room safe available: But that was okay by us.
To top it off the Breakfast is great value and room where it served is spacious and comfortable. The attendant (Debi) does a great job in assuring all is properly replenished and are remains clean for all patrons.
The Parking area is also well kept and provides adequate space for all types of vehicles. The 15$ per day self-park fee added to you guest folio is a fair price for a downtown property and is charged on daily basis.

To all at The Sleep Inn & Suites thank you for making our stay comfortable and for letting us discover your property and the lovely City of Baltimore.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank joediana
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We were so pleased to hear how satisfied you were with the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor and the service we provided. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff and I am glad that you had a great time during your recent stay. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish.

Our entire staff is looking forward to welcoming you back and hopes to see you in the near future! Please feel free to call us if you need anything

410-779-6166 Ext. 110

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Katonah, New York
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed at hotel for two nights. Hotel was located in an ok area. Hotel was fairly new and clean. The complimentary breakfast was very good and satisfying. The rooms were fairly large and the beds comfortable.

The rate was the best offered in the area at the time and I am glad we booked this rather than some of the other hotels going for $75-$100 more a night which did not appear any better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I wanted to thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. Your review highlights some of my favorite things about our hotel like the complimentary breakfast, clean and spacious rooms, and of course the great value!

Hopefully you will come back again to see us and explore even more that Baltimore has to offer. Please do not hesitate to contact me when making your next reservation at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor!

Poughkeepsie
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Before ordering the National Aquarium tickets online i called the hotel to see if there might be discounts that they knew of. so glad i called b/c we could buy tickets for $10 cheaper (that was $40 we saved) & it wasnt a timed ticket (which helped b/c i wasnt sure what time we would arrive). We walked into a very clean hotel! Their computers were down & we couldn't be checked in (which we were an hour earlier than their check in time anyway). But we decided to stick around & had some coffee in their dining area in hopes to check in before heading to the inner harbor. About 10-15 minutes later they were able to get a room & check us in. We were thanked for being so patient. They suggested we go to the aquarium the next day since we wouldnt have much time before they closed. I agree w/ the other posts about the homeless park & it was scary walking back at night from the inner harbor. But daytime was fine. I had asked the next morning about a shuttle & the man apologized for not having any. At least he said our car was good to stay in their lot til 6 pm & would only be charged for the 1 day.i I wished I had known about the free Charm City Circulator green bus that the manager posted in another review. I was also hoping to do some laundry but someone beat me to the machine. It took $2 in quarters for washer & I think $1.50 for the dryer. Good thing I called my next hotel & found out that they had 2 of each machines & they were complimentary to hotel guests! Overall we were happy w/ the stay...breakfast was great too! I wonder if a sign on the counter would help guests to know bout their aquarium discount tickets & to let them know about the Green bus for those walking to the inner harbor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lily C
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at our hotel, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. My staff takes great pride in their work and tries to ensure each guest leaves with a memorable experience. I am happy to hear we were able to achieve this during your stay.

From reading your review I understand you were able to explore much of the city using the Charm City Circulator! This is a great option of transportation for those heading into the city. I myself enjoy the pleasant walk to the Inner Harbor but have also taken the Green rout, that as you mentioned stops just outside the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions or need help making feature reservations!

Camden, New Jersey
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here for a night, my originally booked room was not available. However, they did give me a $10 cheaper room with the refrigerator and microwave.
The rooms were average. Our sheets were dirty with brown stains on them. When addressed to front desk, they had someone bring more sheets. When the man brought the sheets up to the room he handed them to me, as though I was to make remake the dirty bed I had checked into.
Outside of that the stay was average.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank dreamer0512
Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent visit. We apologize that we failed to neither meet nor exceed your expectations during your time here at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. We aim to achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction and I can assure you we are capable of delivering at a much more reputable level.

Your feedback is valuable and will be used to correct any deficiencies within our operation. We strive for daily improvement, but I am confident that your experience was a one-time event and many missed opportunities were overlooked by our staff. I have shared your review with the entire team and we all are committed to improving our operation. Thank you for your time and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Everyone was so friendly on the staff, especially Erika. A very humble young lady, soooo helpful. The rooms were very roomy, clean. Smoke free. A big plus. Outside on the front was nice and pleasant. Nice patio area. The dining area was extremely clean and comfortable. The food was great. Would like to think the maids, didn't understand most of them but there was one that interpreted. They were all friendly. I think the bathrooms were very large and really needed a whirlpool tub.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Mary451968
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for leaving us an incredible review! We're happy to hear that we were able to provide a "clean and friendly atmosphere."

From reading you review we see that you mentioned our staff. We are privileged to work with some very great people! Our staff goes our of their way to ensure that everything is perfect for guests. We'll make sure to pass along the kind comments you made to them. We're certain it will put a smile on their faces!

We want to thank you for sharing with us and the TripAdvisor community on your stay. We really appreciate when guests take the time out of their day to leave us an amazing review. We hope you realize how much this means to us, and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If there is ever anything we can do to accommodate you in a future visit to our hotel please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here for you!

Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel is in a good location - close enough to Inner Harbor to make an easy walk both to Inner Harbor and Camden Yards (it may not be close enough for those who don't enjoy or aren't used to walking a lot!) The price was good (lower than those closer to the Harbor). Everyone was pleasant, the room was clean. We were actually upgraded to a suite which was a nice surprise. The breakfast was good - lots of choices. The only downside was parking. The lot is very small and cramped, we were lucky to snag one of the few remaining spots, not sure what the protocol is for not finding a spot.

Room Tip: Just get there early to snag a parking spot and then walk to attractions.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gail O
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. It is very rewarding to know that you found our hotel up to be above your expectations. I am happy to know you found breakfast to be a nice surprise, my personal favorite is the fresh waffles!

I also find our hotel to be in the perfect location! Just a 5 minute walk to the inner harbor and all the major attractions. We are also conveniently located on the Charm City Circulator Green Bus route. This is a free bus that stops just outside the Sleep Inn and runs to the inner harbor! I hope to welcome you back soon. Please feel free to contact me if I can be any of assistance in planning your future trips to Baltimore!

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2013

my husband and i stayed here for two nights and we enjoyed our stay. for us it was very conveniently located in the middle of convention center with nice restaurants nearby, not to mention the beautiful inner harbor view. will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank priyanka852013
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent visit to the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. I am happy to read that you loved the convenient location of our hotel. I also enjoy being able to walk to the Inner Harbor and all attractions in Baltimore from the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook (Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor).