“very clean, comfortable, convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor

Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor
Ranked #10 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
New York City, New York
“very clean, comfortable, convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

enjoyed hotel very much. it was clean. bed was very comfortable. free breakfast was very satisfying. staff was very nice and helpful. it was convenient to inner harbor and downtown and i was able to walk to both places. i plan on staying there again and frequently.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vbuzz
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. I am happy to read you enjoyed our free breakfast and convenient location. I am so please to hear that you will be staying with us again! If I can be of any assistance in helping you with any future stays please do not hesitate to contact me.

410-779-6166 Ext. 110

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Sleep Inn is conveniently located close to the Inner Harbor, but expect at least a ten minute walk or longer depending on where you are going. The staff was friendly and helpful upon check-in, and I soon found my way to my room. The room was large enough and well furnished for a short stay.

There were two issues with the room itself. First was leftover Chinese food on the window sill that had been left from some other guest. You would think the housekeeping staff would've noticed given the smell, but that wasn't the case or they didn't care. That's not the first impression that you want when you enter the room. The second issue was the noise. You could hear everything from outside and next door (when I say everything, you'll hear everything that you wouldn't want your kids to hear!).

The bathroom was small, offering only a shower which I would've only used anyways. The lighting was dim, and it took awhile for my eyes to adjust. Also be weary that the shower door doesn't seal all the way, resulting in water getting onto the bathroom floor.

The breakfast spread was good, offering a selection of both hot and cold selections. The breakfast room was small, but the turnover was quick so wasn't a problem finding a seat. The only minor issue was the lack of coffee one morning.

The exercise room was very small, with only three cardiovascular machines available. It's not an issue unless several people want to use it. It would've been nice to have some other machines available, or at least an open area where you could do pushups or other exercises. I got the impression that the exercise room was an afterthought.

While I wouldn't necessarily say not to stay here, there are definitely other selections in the vicinity that would be better suited for a stay in the Inner Harbor area of the city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for posting about your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. I apologize that your room had not being properly serviced before your stay, and I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I have addressed this with my Housekeeping Manager, and took this as a further training opportunity for my housekeeping team. Again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. I hope you will consider this an isolated incident and that you will stay with us again in the near future. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites downtown Inner Harbor.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed at the Sleep Inn with a group of friends while on vacation. The hotel is clean and the staff was friendly and accomodating. Checking in was quick and painless as it should be. We were in the room within 5 minutes after arriving at the hotel. The room we stayed in had two beds and sleeper sofa. Nice big room for the 5 of us that went. The price for the room was great considering a lot of other hotels in the area had 1 bed rooms for about the same price. Looking forward to saying at this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. It is very rewarding to know that you enjoyed our property, friendly staff, and complimentary breakfast! Please feel free to contact me if I can be any of assistance in planning your future trips to Baltimore!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great hotel and great customer service. Front desk was very nice and understood that I needed quick check in since I drove in and I looked super tired. She was very friendly. Breakfast in the morning was great and location is the best. Right in the city and close to so many restaurants and Upenn is few mins away. Rooms were small but I guess you expect that in downtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for posting such wonderful comments about your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. I am happy to read that we were able to accommodate your request for an early check in. Your review highlights some of my favorite things about our hotel like our great breakfast selection and perfect location. I hope you will stay with us again soon, and explore even more that Baltimore has to offer!

Elmira, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

my husband and i recently stayed at the sleep inn on april 4th and 5th. we were there for my brother mikes funeral. kyra was so very kind and helpful with our stay. I would like to give her my heartfelt thanks for her kindness.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for posting about your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you. I am glad we were able to make your visit to Baltimore as pleasant as possible during this difficult time. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Kyra. If I can ever be of any assistance with future stays with us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Lindenwold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Wanted to go to Baltimore for an overnight getaway but didn't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel, well what a find! For $109 the Sleep Inn seemed to have the right price and a great location, as always I checked Trip Advisor to see what the reviews looked like and was surprised to see the great reviews and rating it had. All I can say is that this hotel lives up to all of the praise it receives and I couldn't be happier with my choice. The hotel is in a renovated 100 year old warehouse located a few blocks from all of the action of the Inner Harbor. The decor of the hotel was upscale industrial which exposed brick walls, something I like. Everything seems to be very new including the room which was excellent with good bedding and overall very comfortable. When I arrived there were some snacks and bottled water along with a welcome letter from the GM Lucy Boston, who was so very friendly and helpful, I really thought that was a nice touch. As a matter of fact all employees that I came into contact with at this hotel were all very friendly and helpful. The free WiFi in the room was very fast and convenient and the complimentary breakfast served in the morning was also above average and well stocked, Parking is $15 per day and the lot is safe an convenient as you always have quick access to your car. If you don't have a car the hotel is located on a Charm City Circulator route and is only about a 10 minute walk from the Inner Harbor. Baltimore is a cool city and this hotel will be my home base whenever I visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for leaving us a spectacular review. We are very proud to be your new home away from home! We'd also like to thank you for sharing with us and the TripAdvisor community about your stay. It truly means a lot to us when guests take the time out of their day to post us a review.

Don’t forget to “LIKE” us on Facebook (Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor) and our entire staff at the Sleep Inn & Suites is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If there is ever anything I can do to accommodate you in a future visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

T. 410-779-6166
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I don't typically stay in Sleep Inns but this was a great introduction to the brand. A great location near I-83 in downtown Baltimore. I read the reviews regarding safety but I felt comfortable the whole time. The hotel apparently is in a totally renovated factory or warehouse, and some touches from the building's history were present throughout. I will be returning to the area again in a few weeks and the Sleep Inn will definitely be my choice!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mountaineer2015
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent visit to the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. I am happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with your future reservations at our hotel.