“Home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Topeka, Kansas, United States
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

My grandson had open heart surgery in November, 2011 at Johns Hopkins Hospital. When first enquiring about hotels in the area the biggest draw to Sleep Inn was the free shuttle to the hospital. We were so glad we chose Sleep Inn & Suites. From the first day we checked in we knew this was the best choice we could of made. We are from Kansas and this was not a vacation, but a very stressful time for my family. The check in was quick and easy, our shuttle driver was kind and willing to pick us up or take us to the hospital any time day or night. We made some wonderful friends with the staff and during those long hours after surgery it was nice to be able to come back to the hotel and relax. My husband needed to leave and if it wasnt for the staff of the hotel I would not of stayed by myself. I felt very comfortable being alone for a week and half because of the people who work for Sleep Inn. May God bless all of the employees at Sleep Inn and Suites. I highly recommend them for your next trip to Baltimore.

1 Thank Alice Z
SleepInnBaltimore, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
Greetings from Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner harbor and Happy Holidays!!!!

I’m sure the week has ended positively and everything is well with you and your family.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for taking the time to compliment on our services during your stay. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your extended stay under our Johns Hopkins especial accommodations. Here at the Sleep Inn & Suites we go above and beyond to meet our guest's needs and special requests on a daily basis and Johns Hopkins guests are like family to all of us here!

If I can be of any assistance for you next visit to Baltimore for the pleasure visit! please call me directly to 410-779-6166 and I will be more than happy to arrange your accommodations.!

Regards and Happy New year!

Abraham Esquivel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Takoma Park, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here the night of November 30th 2011. We were in town to see a show at the Lyric and just needed a place to sleep and shower, but we ended up being really impressed with this hotel. We had a king room on the fourth floor and it was huge. Way more room than we needed, but no complaints on that front. Everything was spotlessly clean, including in the (also huge) bathroom. There were some complimentary snacks and a bottle of water waiting for us on the desk, which was a really nice touch. We didn't use the wireless but we did get on the computer in the lobby right after we checked out, and the connection was good. Staff were friendly and helpful. The big bonus for us was the complimentary breakfast, which had typical continental fare like hot and cold cereal, bagels, fruit, hard-boiled eggs, etc...but also a make-your-own-waffle station, with both plain and blueberry waffle batter. Aaaamazing. We went into unabashed glutton/sloth mode and took our plates back up to the room, then went back to sleep for another hour after we ate, since check out wasn't until noon. The only reason I'm not giving this 5 stars is the parking situation -- their parking lot is small, and when we returned after the concert, there weren't any spots left. The man at the front desk said that we would have to park in a metered spot across the street, and come back outside at 8:00 am to either move it into a hotel spot, or feed the meter (and of course they would refund our $15 parking charge). We didn't really like that idea, so we wiggled the car into a quasi-spot in the hotel lot, which the man at the desk said was fine. It was a super easy and fast (less than 10 minutes) trip to the Lyric. I only spent $75 with a AAA discount for the night, which was an outstanding deal considering the quality of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Happy Holidays!!!!

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for taking the time to compliment on our services during your stay. I am delighted to know that our staff was friendly and helpful during your visit. Here at the Sleep Inn & Suites we go above and beyond to meet our guest's needs and special requests on a daily basis.

I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast in the morning and yes it is complimentary to our guests. We would like to inform you that we will continue to improve the quality of our breakfast to exceed our guests expectations.

I understand you had a problem with the parking when you arrived back from the venue but as you mentioned we try our best to accommodate every guest possible and that is by providing a solution.

Thank you again for your compliment and I look forward on having you stay with us again in the future. You can call me at 410-779-6166 or email at gm.md222@choicehotels.com.

Best wishes and happy holidays!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

We stayed at this hotel very recently for one night while being on a business trip. We arrived very late, close to midnight and we met the manager at front desk. He was extremely nice and check-in was fast, we really felt welcomed!
From the entrance the hotel gives you the impression of a very clean place with nice furnishings.
The room was beautiful, very large with high ceilings and modern furniture. Bed was super comfy and everything was sparkling of cleanliness!
Breakfast was free and had a good selection but being in a hurry I couldn't enjoy everything, had to quickly grab some cereals and leave.
Overall was an excellent experience, the hotel being also a quiet place and I would definitely recommend it! It's more a 3 and a half star hotel for a great price!

• Stayed November 2011
Hydro, OK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

This was a great little hotel. It's a little ways (about 5 blocks) to walk to the harbor but the walk is pleasant and other than the dead of night I believe it's a safe walk. My trip was business and the young lady at the front desk was very helpful in giving me directions and getting me a ride to BWI. (Its' a driver in a big limo for $35) My room was spacious for the cost and very clean. Really nothing like the cheap chain hotel I expected. They even had breakfast included the next morning. It was quite a walk from the rail station but I did it at night in my boots and pack so anyone can.

Room Tip: Harbor resturants were open till late and there is upscale nightlife about 3 blocks away on very nic...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Sweeneyok
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

We spent the weekend in Baltimore to celebrate my birthday. This hotel was fantastic! The rooms were beautiful, the price was right andmore than anything, the service was beyond amazing. Everyone we encountered was courteous and helpful. We asked for suggestions on where to eat. Not only were they able to offer a suggestion but they were also able to get a shuttle to take us there! Dinner was delicious in Little Italy and the shuttle service was so convenient!

We will definitely come back since there is so much to do in Baltimore but mostly becasue our experience with Sleep Inn was surprisingly exceptional!

Carrie, at the front desk, was extremely helpful!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Thank you to the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor for a great experience on our recent stay. The Service was very courteous, friendly and helpful and the facilities were very spacious, clean, very convenient, free WiFi, very comfortable. The hotel is just a couple of minutes from most of the attractions the city has to offer. definitively will come back to this hotel in my future visits to the Baltimore City area.

Parkersburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Very nice hotel. The price is great. Convient to downtown attractions. Great hotel staff!

Room Tip: pet are ok with a 15 surcharge.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SleepInnBaltimore, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear valuable guest,

I’m happy that you have had enjoyed your stay with us and trust that you had a memorable stay at the property. It is rewarding to know that our efforts to provide exceptional experiences are appreciated and your feedback in regards to our associates are certainly welcomed & appreciated. If you would like to stay with us again please don't hesitate to call us, we are still offering introductory rates and special discounts.

You may reach me at 410-779-6166, or email me at gm.md222@sleepinnbaltimore.com.

Best Regards,