When returning to the Baltimore area we immediately booked this hotel again.
Rooms are fairly large and nicely decorated. There is a large flat screen tv, desk area, good sized bathroom and the beds are COMFY. Hotel is in a renovated warehouse, lovely lobby area with huge ceilings and a nice sitting area. There is a computer and printer for guest use. I didn't use the fitness room but the machines looked quite new, looked really nice. The breakfast area has tables and a breakfast bar all along the windows. It gets busy, but people come and go quickly. Good selection of items, hot and cold.
Location isn't where people would think of when they think 'inner harbor', but it's only about a 10 minute walk to the Aquarium, historic ships, and shops. There is a water taxi stop just down the street. 2 blocks from the restaurants at Power Plant Live, 15 minute walk to the pubs/shops in Fell's Point, 10 minute walk to Little Italy. The one downfall is that there is a church just down the street with a large park where a good amount of 'underprivledged' people were 'living'. I can see how that could make some people uneasy. We never had an issue walking by, but it didn't have the nicest smell when you pass. On our first stay at the hotel the desk clerk suggested was cab back from Little Italy if it was after dark. No concerns during the day though.
My only complaint about the hotel is how heavy the room doors are. Our friends heard doors closing (slamming) quite often thoughout the night. Also, the bathroom door in our room wedged into the frame and made it impossible to quietly shut the door during the night. We did report that to the hotel when we checked out though. Isolated issue.
Great stay overall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just blocks from the Downtown Inner Harbor and Harbor East, Sleep Inn Baltimore Downtown Inner Harbor offers all of the advantages business travelers and leisure guests are looking for, in a quiet and convenient setting. Walking distance to most of the area's attractions, experience the value of the Sleep Inn brand; within a warm, historic setting. As a beautiful retrofit to a 20th century warehouse, the hotel includes exposed brick and waterfalls that adorn both sides of the main entrance and provide a dramatic introduction to a lobby with 25' ceilings. Quality at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Sleep Inn And Suites Downtown Inner Harbor