“Great location, great waffles, will be back next time in Baltimore”

Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
New City, New York
“Great location, great waffles, will be back next time in Baltimore”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed here for three nights in May. The hotel is in an EXCELLENT location walking distance to the harbor, little italy, and basically anywhere in Baltimore (if you dont mind walking). Its a 10-15 min walk to the harbor in a safe area. They also have the free bus that goes throughout the city so you can easily walk to the bus stop (8 min) and get anywhere in Baltimore. The hotel is clean, modern, and breakfast buffet includes the waffle maker which is great. Other than the waffles breakfast is basic.

Only complaint about the hotel is the walls are thin and you hear everything. If you are a light sleeper it could be a problem. The first night we were next to a few people drinking/listening to loud music all night. The next morning reception was more than willing to switch our room but since they had checked out we figured it would be ok. Next people to check in had a crying baby. Like I said walls were thin but that is the only complaint. Also there was an incident where they had cleaned the elevator and I walked in an fell. We told reception and they had it taken care of right away. There were no signs or anything posted. But it was in such a good location and we really liked the waffles. We would stay there again next time we are in Baltimore.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Heather K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Halifax Ns
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We were delighted with this spot. We could walk to every thing in Baltimore, about 1 mile to Camden yards. They have an active waterfront area along the way. Lots of restaurants and bars to break things up. Good breakfast. It is located next to a church which has a courtyard where homeless people sleep at night. We did not encounter any of them but it was enough for us with the poor lighting in the area that we took a cab at 11PM.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank wolfeman13
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 4, 2011

My mother and I recently stayed at the Sleep Inn Downtown/Inner Harbor. I am A patient of Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. We arrived on a Tuesday at 3pm and were promptly checked in. The Hotel is brand new and very clean. Our room was spacious, clean, and well maintained. I had brain surgery scheduled for Wednesday morning at 8am. We needed to leave the hotel at 7am. The general manager, Abraham Esquivel, came in early and personally drove us to the Hopkins Bayview Campus. He got us there in 20 minutes with plenty of time to spare! I had my surgery and had to spend the night in nuerological ICU while my mother went back and spent the night at the hotel. The staff at the Sleep Inn bent over backwards to comfort and take care of her that night. She said she slept like a baby. Just what she needed after a very long stressful day! I was released from the hospital the next day and the general manager came with my mother and picked me up at the front door of the hospital and brought us back to the hotel and we checked out. Because the Sleep Inn is affiliated with Hopkins Medical Centers we recieved discounts for the room and parking. I would recommend this hotel for anyone being treated at the Hopkins Medical Centers.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank panther53934
Reviewed June 3, 2011

My husband I stayed at the Sleep Inn n Suites Inner Harbor. All I can say is we will be back baby. Great Staff n Breakfast. Convenient location n price. Love the decor

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Twin_mommy8785
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Needed a place to stay last minute in Baltimore and found this on TripAdvisor. I decided to book here based on the good reviews, and the fact that I didn't want to spend a lot of money for a couple hours of sleep. Called the hotel around 11 pm, and was able to get a good deal from the night manager, John. We got a king bed, and just like the other reviews say, the room was huge. We could have comfortably fitted a whole other full size bed in the room! The bed was very comfortable, and we slept well. We thought the room was very clean and nice, and the hotel lobby was clean too. Breakfast was included as well, which we weren't expecting. There were bagels, cereal, fruit, and a waffle maker, among other things like hard boiled eggs.
Parking is $15 per car, and is located right next to the hotel.
Showers are just as others say- the water gets everywhere. It's a full size shower, but I feel like they should have just made them tubs so the water wouldn't get all over the floor. The curtain just barely reached the top of the lip of the shower floor, and so water went everywhere. Also, the curtain was pretty light and would keep flowing in towards you while showering. Another curtain would have fixed that.

Overall, I would say this place was definitely a good value. We paid around $130 for the night, inluding parking and taxes. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank JT20
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I recently stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor in Baltimore, MD and my experience was OUTSTANDING! From the time I made my reservation to the time of check-out I was treated like a VIP! The customer service at this location was top-notch and I will recommend this hotel to all of my business associates when traveling to the Baltimore area. I give my experience a 10 out of 10!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank scoochmom
Manchester, Vermont
Reviewed May 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night in late April. Since we were to be arriving late and leaving early the next morning, I was interested in finding value-oriented lodging and this hotel fit the bill.
When we arrived I was a bit nervous. We felt very much as if we were in a BAD part of town as there were choppers circling continually overhead with spotlights searching the ground. Not a great welcome.
But we were able to park conveniently next to the hotel for free and once we were inside we felt much more comfortable. The hotel was fairly clean and the receptionist was nice. Our room was strange...HUGE...with incredibly high ceilings and lots of empty space. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well. Shower and bath were clean and acceptable.
It's not where I would stay again if I wanted to do any walking around or sight seeing, but I would be fine to stay for a quick overnight.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple