“Disappointed”

Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I really wanted to love this place because the service was wonderful and the drinks were phenomenal but the food however, did not measure up. I ordered the strawberry and chiptole salmon and it was very over cooked, to the point I needed a knife to cut it. Well prepared Salmon only needs the assistance of a fork and that mistake is the kind of mistake only an unseasoned chef or regular preparer (like myself) makes. Speaking of seasoning, my salmon and my partner's pork loin was disappointingly bland. The presentation of grill marks and green herbs really threw us off and there wasn't a salt and pepper shaker in sight to help us. The sides; mash potatoes and honey baked beans, packed alot of flavor that saved the dish overall.

My partner and I would probably return for happy hour because the White Sangria and Tres Leches Martini were to die for, but we'll probably eat elsewhere.

There are newer reviews for Waterstone Bar & Grille

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I took our son and 7 of his college friends to the Waterstone Bar and Grille for dinner on October 27, 2012. The staff was very accomodating with our reservation. The location was perfect as we did not want to travel to the inner harbor. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming. The food was delicious and each one of our guests was able to find something to their liking. The dishes all had a uniqueness to them that you don't often find. The wait staff was very helpful and attentive. Finally, the prices were very reasonable. With a table of nine, I was prepared for sticker shock, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the bill. Great place, great food and great prices. You can't beat it!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a pleasant meal at Waterstone, where we ate exclusively from the tapas menu. There is a definite mediterranean touch (with plenty of other options as well), but they also have full-entre sizes as well. The food is well prepared, nicely presented, and not at all "heavy". I wasn't excited about having lettuce in my greek salad, but the tomatoes were delicious!

Staff were friendly and visited often, but it was a Thursday night and so I don't know how it might be if the restaurant were crowded (there were about 5 other tables being served).

Good for a quick drink, or a little getaway with a friend, although be advised that parking on on-street (free after 6pm).

Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We hope this place makes it in it's up and coming but not yet arriveed location in Midtown's Seton Hill neighborhood. Here's what we liked: pleasant atmosphere and decor, healthy menu choices priced well, nice small plates, light fare menu--making it good for our child, excellent specials, and very hard working wait staff. What was problematic: bread delivery didn't come on a Saturday, so no buns for burgers, meat came out way too done ( asked for medium and got way over well done), big tv over the bar seemed incongruous given the setting and tone they were trying to create. To their credit they turned off the tv when we asked and gave us a generous gift certificate to encourage us to return. We hope it was just an off night--it happens sometimes. We do plan to try again... We want the place to do wellamd be a close to home go to spot.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was a wonderful meal with great atmosphere and attentive staff! It has a nice neighborhood feel, too. Our server was very knowledgeable of the specials and the menu in general. One smallish thing – I did see our server put her thumb in the water pitcher spout as she was talking to us. Second – it’s hard to control – but during our dinner a guest was being overly loud. We didn’t say anything and I’m not sure how to handle that.