“Great hotel, wonderful staff”
Review of Hotel Brexton

Hotel Brexton
Ranked #31 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great hotel, wonderful staff”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I picked this hotel because of all the great reviews on Tripadvisor, and we were not disappointed! The room was great, free parking at front of hotel, very nice staff (coffee maker in our room didn't work but was replaced straight away). My only negative point is that the wifi wasn't free. Definitely recommending this hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 27, 2010

A client and I stayed at the Hotel Brexton for one night in August. I chose the hotel because of its close proximity to the Maryland Tax Court. The hotel opened in March 2010 so the cab driver and dispatcher at BWI was not familiar with the hotel, but I had the address and the driver found the hotel without a problem. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff, including the hotel's General Manager, Mr. PauL Masai. The guestrooms were large, well appointed, and very clean. The bed, pillows, and linens were great and my client reported having a good night's sleep, as did I. The complementary continental breakfast in the morning was limited but satisfactory. Great hi-tech cappucino and coffee machine! We ate dinner at Sammy's Tratoria approximately four short blocks from the hotel. Excellent Italian food and decadent bread pudding is a must. I was very pleased with the experience I had at the Hotel Brexton and would recommend it to friends and business associates who plan to travel to Baltimore and don't need to be in the Inner Harbor area.

Eatontown
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Brexton in Baltimore, MD and had an extraordinary experience - from the room, to the courtesy of the staff, the outstanding service of the General Manager. The breakfast was outrageous, the best european croissant we'd have. We would definitely go back there and we highly recommend this place to stay. Top security, exquisite rooms. The hotel is remarkably one of the Historic Hotels of America!!!

Connecticut
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Stayed here for one night with 16 year old daughter, on college tour. The hotel was beautiful, new, clean. Staff is welcoming. There is not a lot of parking that i could see, but when i made the reservation, the staff assured me i would have parking. When i arrived, all the spaces out front were filled, but they made a space for me and the staff even parked my car for me. We were tired after a lot of driving etc and the summer heat. They recommended a restaurant very close by, City Cafe, and we loved it. It was just what we needed, the food was excellent and the atmosphere lively. The A/C in the room was very effective, and not too loud. The complimentary breakfast was just what we needed, simple yet satisfying, and the coffee maker is to die for, all kinds of coffees at the push of a button. I was not familiar with Baltimore, apparently this hotel is in the "gay" part of town, and once i realized that i did notice some of the bars etc catered to that, but it is also an artsy area with shops etc and convenient to both some of the colleges, the highways, and the inner harbor. I felt safe and very happy that this historic building is being cared for. I would definitely come back again. The only thing i did not like was no free wi fi, but there is wifi available. Also found that the fellow guests were friendly!

2 Thank mjeeps
USA
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We looked for a hotel in the Mt. Vernon area "at the last minute" to attend a wedding. The reception was at the Peabody Library and the "Court" was full. When I asked if they had a recommendation for a nice place nearby they suggested the Brexton. I booked it without looking it up on TripAdvisor on the strength of the referral and the VERY PLEASANT greeting that I was given on the phone by "Paul." Paul offered me a discount better than one available as an AAA member, AARP, etc. When I later checked it out on this site, I saw that it was then #2 out of 71 hotels. I generally have found TripAdvisor reviews to be sound and reliable. I was not disappointed with booking a room at the Brexton. Paul answered questions in advance and kindly said that our room would be ready for an early check-in. It was! The room was a handsome, freshly updated space with the nice bones of an old hotel. Our room on the 3rd floor had high ceilings and a nice bath with a shower. We had a queen size bed with a nice pillow-top mattress, comfy pillows, a nice sofa, desk and flat-screen TV. There was a nice, framed full-length mirror. The only negatives were no safe in the room and there was an unfortunate stain or spot on the carpet that was otherwise clearly quite new and still in very condition. There is no fitness center, etc., but if you are looking for a place with ambiance and charm, the Brexton has it. While we never met "Paul," the rotating shift of folks at the front desk were uniformly friendly & gracious. The free continental breakfast is certainly adequate. Fresh bananas, yogurt and a very nice coffee machine that allows you to choose your preferred brew are nice to have so handy. If the weather had been nicer one could have eaten on a pleasant patio. Parking is limited, maybe no more than 10 or so spaces. (There are only 29 rooms in the hotel.) As we arrived early, we luckily snagged one. I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend to anyone wanting a nice place to stay in "Charm City."

Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Very friendly staff you gave excellent service. The room was very nicely furnished and very clean. Great location for the Circulator.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 20, 2010

My wife and I spent a Sunday-Tuesday at the Hotel Brexton and found it to be a well located and comfortable place to stay at a reasonable rate. Parking wasn't a problem either. We were only 10 minutes drive from the U. Maryland Medical Center where we had to go on Monday, Tues. and Wednesday. The room was clean, comfortable, esp. the bed. My wife liked the setup of the air conditioning which had a nice breeze over the bed. We were able to walk to dinner two nights, once just a short block to the City Diner, and another night a few blocks to Sammy's Trattoria. The neighborhood is quiet and public transportation is just a short walk away if you need that instead of driving. Breakfast was what we usually eat and was adequate. Had a little trouble connecting to the wireless internet with my iPad but managed to work it out.