“Quaint but cute”
Review of Hotel Brexton

Hotel Brexton
Ranked #32 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed March 4, 2014

What a wonderful find. Amazing renovation of a very significant old structure. Clean nice sized room. Comfortable bed. Smashing staff. Eboni is super helpful and highly recommended. Lucky to get one of the parking spaces right outside the Hotel. Breakfast is adequate, especially if you know you are going to have a huge Brunch shortly. The Hotel is close enough to the free Circulator bus that you can leave your car at the hotel when you go downtown. Wonderful wonderful place.

Room Tip: If you can get it, ask for the King Edward Suite on the top floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nick H
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for such a kind review. We take great pride in our dedication and outstanding customer service. We truly enjoyed having you as our guest and we look forward to your return to the Brexton!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Arrived at late evening,, room was there but everything was not good- couch in room was old and tattered, elevator rickety and most importantly heat was not working. In addition, the heat is controlled by the front desk and not by the guest. It was so cold in room, I couldn't take off my winter coat. i informed front desk that i couldnt stay. The receptionist said heat would go on in a few minutes-well it didnt. At midnight the hotel arranged for me to be transferred to another hotel-that gives them one star and no more.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank aen1563
Bob G, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2015

Hello,

I am Bob, the GM for Hotel Brexton since the end of April 2015 and I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize for your experience as you described it in your March 2014 posting to tripadvisor.

Your frustration was clear and you deserve an apology. I'll be honest with you, I saw posting shortly after taking the position as GM and opted to refrain from responding until I was able to observe our practices, policies and customer service standards first hand.

I will not make excuses for what occurred in February of 2014. But can assure you that as far as I am able to see, what you experienced at that time is not what is typical of Hotel Brexton now and hopefully was an isolated issue with an employee or circumstance at that time.

It is true that we have a small elevator, though it is not typically rickety; and we have replaced some furnishings as needed over time. In fact, on a positive note... one of my opportunities with Hotel Brexton is that I am upgrading rooms not out of need, but rather so that we are able to provide 29 rooms with distinct personalities. The lobby is already transformed (photos are available on our Facebook page) and a few of the rooms already boast new furnishings and are slated for historic paint colors.

As for the temperature, Baltimore experiences some very cold nights in the winter as you know from living in New York. And the historic beauty of our building includes features like high ceilings and original single-pane historic windows on the lobby level. We have worked through some of the "old world charm" issues and are further implementing improvements that should correct what you described.

I know that is not all great news for your visit to Baltimore at that time. But I encourage you to give us another opportunity to show you what now I am able to state as GM is our standard. Please feel free to contact me personally at one of the numbers below to discuss a possible future stay with us.

And again, I am sorry that no one provided an appropriate apology to you before now.

Bob

HOTEL BREXTON
"the place to stay when you choose to be out and about in Baltimore"

Robert (Bob) Glock, General Manager
868 PARK AVE., BALTIMORE, MD 21201
443-677-0245 (c) / 443-478-2100 (p) / 443-478-2199 (f)

Mount Vernon is both a Designated National Landmark
Historic District and a Baltimore Cultural District

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised based on some not so great reviews I read online. Stayed here for only one night and wished e could have stayed longer. The room (301) was very big but cozy. I felt very at home. There was a mini fridge and the bathroom was very modern. The bed was comfortable. We checked in at night and immediately left for a concert and ate at the Harbor so we did not spend much time in the hotel neighborhood. The next morning it was so hard to get up to check out. There was also complimentary wine in the lobby when we checked in. Thank you for a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Room Tip: Room 301 was very big! not sure what other rooms look like but i was happy with this one
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased to know we could provide you with a Valentine's getaway. Room 301 is one of our favorites as well. Please stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Brexton for just one night. We found it to be a very nice surprise. It was a lovely old hotel and had a lot of charm. From our first encounter at the front desk,to our cozy room .We found this hotel to fill all our needs and more. It was clean and up to date. We liked that we could ride the bus to the harbor for free as well park are car for free. The continental Breakfast was just enough. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank renew25
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review. We take great pride in these comments. We hope that you will join us again soon in Baltimore.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

A good experience that could have been great with attention to detail. A friendly (if slow) staff, a clean (if slightly shabby) room, and a great area (with a view of an ugly building across the way).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for your review. We value all of our guests opinions, and we hope that you will stay with us again to prove our award winning service to you. We promise your next visit will be "great."

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I spent the past week at the Brexton while my condo' s bathroom was being renovated. I'd never heard of it, found it on the app Hotel Tonight. It was less than a mile from my home. The staff couldn't have been nicer, the room was very clean, and they are pet friendly. It's so close to City Cafe which is a fav. I will definitely have friends and family stay there when visiting me.

Room Tip: I liked the layout of the 04 rooms 204 being my fav
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Ccbeachbum2014

We truly appreciate your kind words, and we are so pleased to be your home while you are renovating. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel was lovely. What a delightful boutique hotel with the right mix of turn of the century aesthetics and modern conveniences. It is walking distance from the train station or a 5 minute cab ride. The neighborhood
has such a incredible array of restaurants. A five minute walk or less
will take you from Ethiopian to Afghan to Indian fare. Besides these nice
bonuses, I have to call out Milton and Paul who worked during the days I was staying. They were so attentive and proactive with brilliant suggestions of where to eat (how I found out about the aforementioned) to helping with rental-a-cars (challenge on a FREEZING morning at 8 am). All their help, and suggestions of the entire staff was done with such warmth,
I was quite swept away. Last but not least, for those business travelers
looking for a different option to the mega sky rise chains, SUPER FAST WIFI!! Woop! Overall, an outstanding experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you so very much for your kind words. We truly enjoyed having you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. We could not agree with you more, we are an excellent option for outside the big chain hotels.