“A very nice hotel”
Review of Hotel Brexton

Hotel Brexton
Ranked #30 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Large room and large bathroom. Friendly and helpful staff. Good location - the free bus to Inner Harbor was only a short walk. Good breakfast (various cereals and breads and lots of bananas). We were lucky and were able to park in one of the few spots directly outside the l. Hotel has interesting history. A very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeffrey C
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

We are all so proud of the effort our staff makes each and every day. Your kind words will go a long way to keep our team motivated. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Brexton

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were so very excited to stay here and hoping for a great time, however it will not be possible. We too ( like traveler below) purchased a Living Social deal with almost the exact scenario. As soon as we purchased, we contacted the hotel and they said to call back tomorrow between 8 and 5 to talk to manager. We immediately email and called the following day to find out he had already gone home for the day at 1PM! The employee was so quick to get off the phone not concerned with working anything out. The only option she gave after being prompted was for us to pay an upgrade fee.

Hospitality lesson 101: Make arrangements to make the customer happy. This is a weeknight which will more than likely have vacancy, fill it and gain a lifelong customer!

CLEARLY, they do not care, because even after prior complaint, no arrangments were offered.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank MooreTraveling4

I sincerely apologize for this situation. Please know we are implementing a better system for Living Social Deals so this does not happen again. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I purchased a Living Social voucher on 7/15/2013 the voucher arrived promptly. I visited the hotel online reservations and there were rooms at this category available. I then contacted the hotel reservation office. they told me that I needed to talk with the manager who would not be in until 8:30 the next day. I called the hotel the next day at 9am and was told that the manager was at a meeting and I should email him instaed of calling. I did that immediately with all the details.I did not hear anything from the hotel. i called again at 5:30 that day and was told that the manager was ill all day and no one was responding to the emails. Then they said that all of the rooms were booked for the day I was requesting. The reservation agent was less then useful. This is the absolute worst booking arrangement I have experiened in over 40 years of booking hundreds of rooms in the US and abroad. There is undoubtedly a problem with the management of this hotel. This is experience was horrible. you should not deal with this merchant.

Frequent DC traveler

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Traveler60A
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I sincerely apologize for your recent experience with making a reservation at our hotel. This is very unacceptable, and we are currently implementing a better system so this does not happen again. I hope to be able meet you on a future visit to our hotel if you'll give us another opportunity to prove to you our award-winning service.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

So many things went wrong with my stay at this hotel that I'm not sure where to start.

First, my reservation was not honored as booked. I had reserved a king room over the phone in a conversation with the manager, and received email confirmation for it. On arrival I was given a queen room. The agent at the front desk assured me this was my mistake despite my confirmation in hand. There were no king rooms available. Ordinarily I would have left for another hotel but it was very late at night. The agent arranged to move me to a king room for the second night, so I agreed to stay. She handled this change of room very well, which I appreciated, and is the only reason I'm rating my stay "poor" rather than "terrible"

Later, it emerged that the manager had in fact booked me a queen room with a "free upgrade" to a king room -- even though I had specifically requested a king room, at the king rate, and had not requested any discounts (other than inquiring about whether they participate with AAA).

When I received the bill, I had been overcharged. I had to sort this out (along with the above issue) via email with the manager after the fact. As an apology for my trouble I was offered a 50% discount on my next stay -- though I was clear, there will be no next stay.

The rooms themselves were not very nice. The building is old but not much historical detail has been preserved in the renovation. It all feels like new, cheap, Home Depot stuff.

There were also numerous bugs (silverfish) in both rooms.

The free breakfast, as other reviewers have noted, is nothing beyond cereal and stale bagels, and is served in a small, cramped, and unwelcoming basement room.

Truly, a disappointing experience from beginning to end.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JiraMonkey
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Pets: USD per day. Yes, 4 nights cost USD 200,-.
No lounge area; nowhere to hang out for a few hours.
Limited parking facilities, breakfast meagre.
Pretty far from downtown and at the edge of Mt Vernon.
Only plus: rooms are large and clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Andries W
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

We are truly sorry for your experience at our hotel. Our pet fee covers the cost to clean our guest rooms so they are thoroughly cleaned for the next guest. Our boutique hotel is limited on space, but there are plenty of dining options in the area. We hope that you will give us a second chance on your next visit to Baltimore.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Recently stayed here for one night to see David Byrne at the Meyerhoff. From check-in to out, staff and hotel could not have been better. Free espresso drinks, free limited parking, and stylish, comfortable room. And it's an easy 5 minute walk to Meyerhoff. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank itchyfeetVA
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

We truly enjoyed having you as our guest as well! Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review. We can't wait to have you back.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

BF and I were looking for something a little different than a chain hotel for our weekend stay in Baltimore. Check-in was easy, and we only saw a few other people during our weekend there. We're big breakfast people, so we used the breakfast more as a "prebreakfast" before walking to National Harbor, but they had plenty of bagels, breads, and really cool coffee/latte machine. The staff helpfully provided a map and told us the bus schedule, but we ended up just walking everywhere after the first night. We got there right at check-in time, and were able to park our car the whole weekend out front.

The room was clean and comfortable, and the hotel atmosphere is pretty cool - be sure to check out the staircase.We didn't spend too much time in the hotel since we were out walking around all day, but it was definitely nice to come back to.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NatalieP89
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for sharing such a nice review! We agree that our hotel is a great alternative to the big chain hotels. We look forward to your return soon!