New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great for concert goers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Brexton

Hotel Brexton
Ranked #32 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
“Great for concert goers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Recently stayed here for one night to see David Byrne at the Meyerhoff. From check-in to out, staff and hotel could not have been better. Free espresso drinks, free limited parking, and stylish, comfortable room. And it's an easy 5 minute walk to Meyerhoff. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank itchyfeetVA
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We truly enjoyed having you as our guest as well! Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review. We can't wait to have you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

BF and I were looking for something a little different than a chain hotel for our weekend stay in Baltimore. Check-in was easy, and we only saw a few other people during our weekend there. We're big breakfast people, so we used the breakfast more as a "prebreakfast" before walking to National Harbor, but they had plenty of bagels, breads, and really cool coffee/latte machine. The staff helpfully provided a map and told us the bus schedule, but we ended up just walking everywhere after the first night. We got there right at check-in time, and were able to park our car the whole weekend out front.

The room was clean and comfortable, and the hotel atmosphere is pretty cool - be sure to check out the staircase.We didn't spend too much time in the hotel since we were out walking around all day, but it was definitely nice to come back to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NatalieP89
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing such a nice review! We agree that our hotel is a great alternative to the big chain hotels. We look forward to your return soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We travel to Baltimore a lot, and have been looking for the right place for a weekend stay. We finally found it in the hotel Braxton. Nice, comfortable rooms, very clean, friendly staff, and a great location. Highly recommend. We will be back.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank anne76
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. We agree, our hotel is the perfect hotel for travelers coming to Baltimore! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel was wonderful! Our room was lovely with the a round bathroom (in the turret!). It was very spacious and decorated tastefully. Breakfast was very nice the next morning as well. It's in a charming neighborhood too. We would love to come back and stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for such a kind review. We look forward to your return and providing the you with the same great service!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

By far the best of a different-hotel-every-night week. Delightful and cozy, great service. A magical vibe. Honestly one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had in general. Parking out front too. The management even let us leave our car there the entire day after we checked out so that we did not have to keep feeding a meter all day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael P
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for such a kind review. We truly enjoyed having you as our guest. We agree, our hotel is very unique compared to most hotels in Baltimore. We look forward to your return!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My weekend at the Hotel Brexton was not what I thought it would be at all. I thought historic but this was not worth the money at all. I noticed too many flaws that this hotel clearly needed work on and as I stated, I felt it was over priced. One other review mentioned how beautiful the rooms were, which I can agree- if you're not use to quality. I chose this hotel because I thought it would something different, and out of the way of the inner harbor traffic, since it was the holiday weekend. We arrived and immedietly had problems with the lock on our room door, which we were instructed to LIFT THE DOOR AND PULL SO THAT THE LOCK WILL CATCH! I asked if there was another room available because I was uncomfortable and they assured me that there wasn't, which I found hard to believe because the 2 nites and 3 days that we were there, we didn't see more than 10 people in the whole hotel. We asked for menu's for surrounding restaurants because our trip was business/ pleasure and in case we needed to make reservations or ordered in, I wanted variety-- the 4 menu's that we received, were all lowsy; from a broken oven in the pizza store, to a restaurant that advertised breakfast, however did not have a breakfast section on the menu, nor did anyone answer the phone when we called to question..
The 1 elevator that they had was VERYYYY SLOW AND SMALLL, and I am sooo grateful that I didn't have to use the restroom, nor was I claustophobic because I would not have survived. Lastly, the bathroom was very nice, as another reviewer stated, until I looked under the sink for some extra tissue and noticed the sink had a leak (which you heard when the water was on), and a towel was wrapped around the pipe! I felt like I was at a relative house that you really didn't mind visiting, but just didn't want to stay.
Needless to say, I will not be visiting this establishment again, because I felt like it was very overrated and what caught my eye was the beautiful architecture of the building and the rooms-- very retro. Our room had dull wood floors with brown area rugs! I didn't see anything that was advertised! I know you're saying- well why did you stay, well because it was the memorial day weekend, I drove down from Philadelphia and didn't want to pay 400. plus a last minute room, when everywhere else was sold out. Well in retrospect, had I known prior to, I would have chosen the Holiday Inn. I will not be choosing a hotel based on looks anymore, regardless of the name and the location because I didn't see any of what others saw.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Angela R
On behalf of the entire team here, allow me to apologize for the ways we failed to meet your expectations. We will be sure to inspect all door locks and guest room sinks to ensure quality for all of our guests. Your experience is not indicative of the high standards of service to which we hold ourselves. We hope that you will give us a second chance the next time you are in Baltimore.
Santa Monica, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is lovely on the outside. But the architectural stunner sits in a loud neighborhood full of bars. The lobby is small and cramped and has a mini-refrigerator sitting in in. On the other hand, service is exceptional. The hotel was obviously lovingly restored, but the place had a look of "not quite finished". Parking is a terrible issue. I would not mind staying at the Brexton again, but until the parking situation improves, I'll be looking through Tripadvisor for another Baltimore hotel.

Room Tip: Do not bring a car