Hotel Brexton
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
$239
  • Pool
Lord Baltimore Hotel(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$143
$209
$199
$78
  • Breakfast included
$149
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$154
$147
$173
$147
  • Pool
All reviewscity cafesymphony hallhistoric hotelmount vernonking edwardcircular staircasecontinental breakfastvernon areainner harborpenn stationchain hotelstreet parkingwalters art museumsmall hotellight railyogurtgreat neighborhood
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Booked this online and got a great rate and really enjoyed our stay. The building itself is really cool with turrets and a brick facade and it's close to some really charming streets with little townhouses, beautiful old churches and lots of cultural activities. Mt. Vernon is an elegant old Baltimore neighborhood and it's a nice alternative to the chain stores and chain hotels of the Inner Harbor. Our room was clean and renovated with a comfortable bed and decent bathroom. Flat screen TV and nice furnishings with a modern feel. We were on the second floor and overlooked a beautiful little city street with lovely small townhouses. The staff was friendly and breakfast was included, although we didn't take advantage of it. The offerings looked fine, but nothing special.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience. We take great pride in the charm and character our hotel offers. We look forward to your return soon!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was scheduled to stay at this hotel on Sunday Dec 9. Our plans changed and I called to cancel on Fri Dec 7 at 3:00 and left a message. The internet confirmation stated I needed to call 48 hrs in advance to cancel the reservation. Check in was not before 3:00 so I assumed I could call at that time. They returned my call and told me in order to cancel it I would have need to call earlier in the day. In a follow up call I spoke with the manager and he stated I would have needed to call before 12:00 on Dec 7 and that the 48 hrs started at that time. They charged me for the room and refused to refund it. I was really pissed in that first, as per confirmation I " needed to call 48 hrs prior to arrival". If I wasn't able to check in until 3:00 then how could the 48 hr time start at midnight the night on the Fri before. Second, they were incredibly rude about it. I will never ever stay there nor recommend any one else to. I do a lot of travel and never had such a ridiculous experience as this.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank J S
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for sharing your frustration in regards to our handling of your situation when you called to cancel a reservation outside the cancelation period. We do value all our guests and even when they try to cancel last minute we work with them and make exception to use their credit for a future stay. We always extend credit for use by our guests whenever an emergency occurs and in your case, I will be more than happy to assist you. Kindly feel free to contact the General Manager whenever you get a chance so that we can work with you on your issue.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Difficult time finding parking, parked in a lot down the block and were told we had to move the car by 5:00 AM!

i would go back, but would request a room on a higher floor, street level room was noisy, plus the continental breakfast room was right down the hall, too much early morning traffic.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for your review. As any city location free parking spaces are normally a challenge, but we do have reserved guaranteed parking spaces at a fee, and we always recommend advanced reservation for parking. We will do our best to address the parking issue in future. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband & I recently planned a trip to revisit Baltimore and the Harbor since last visiting in 1984. Our choice of accomodations could not have been bettter! We reserved a room at the very charming and eloquent "Hotel Brexton" and stayed for three nights. So wish it had been longer. This place is not only a piece of history but employs a very small and exceptional staff. It offers a kind of intimacy that is rare. The amenities, the room and esp. the bathroom are incredibly gorgeous and special. Check it out online; but beware the only way to really appreciate this place is to visit it in 'the flesh'. We were mesmerized by the architecture; esp the spiral staircase. There is so much to do in the area, and the transportation system is phenomenal. There are areas outside the "safe zone" that appear a bit scarey, but not to worry; just walk enjoy and when you enter an area that feels uncomfortable turn around and walk back to point A. You won't regret it. This area is loaded with history and incredible architecture. The Drake Museum if free and also incredible; just a short walk from hotel. You could spend days there. Be sure to bring a camera. During the week you can take the train into D.C. for $14.00 RT & get to see both beautiful train stations. This is not your Motel 6 or even Holiday Inn, but so worth the "specialness" of a historic landmark and great staff who work hard to make your stay so enjoyable. See my restaurant reviews for the area also :) Enjoy

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor which was amazing, but I'm pretty sure any room would be awesome. We actually stayed in the Wallace Simpson Suite. !!!! Loved it <3
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hamiltonmom2014
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. We look forward to your return to Baltimore much sooner this time around! We can guarantee your visit will be just as amazing as this visit.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stumbled on this gem by way of a computer package (KGB). Loved the ambiance, hospitality and location. If you like uniformity, generic, etc this will not be your cup of tea. Better you go to holiday inn, works for lots of folks, no judgement here. We love the uniqueness of boutique hotels and this filled the bill. Coffee machine in breakfast room for all your coffee fantasies. Cappuccino anytime you want, awesome . Melanie at desk seemed genuinely interested in our well being. Paul the manager was a very accommodating gentlemen. Lots of closets in room, great tv reception, well stocked Keruig coffee maker and great shower. What more could you ask for!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank selma1228

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We agree that our entire staff work hard to make each guest's stay remarkable, one guest at a time. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us. Your kind words energize our staff.