“Great Boutique in an era when they are disappearing.”
Review of Hotel Brexton

Hotel Brexton
Ranked #31 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“Great Boutique in an era when they are disappearing.”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Very clean, upscale hotel. Breakfast was good and the rooms were very nice. Value for this area of Baltimore can't be beat. Parking is pretty tricky if have more than one car but we managed just fine.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

we made a quick one-night trip to baltimore and discovered the hotel brexton via the hotel tonight app. the location & price were great, and we were pleasantly surprised by the charm & character of this lovely and well-restored historic property. we enjoyed chatting with the manager paul who was friendly & helpful, and loved our room. it was clean, large, and felt brand new. in-room keurig was a bonus, and the bathroom was spacious with good design, perfectly in line with expectations for a chic boutique hotel. we will definitely stay here again.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel worked really well for us. It was an easy walk from the Lyric Performing Arts Center, where we saw a concert. Also an easy walk to good restaurants. The area seemed safe. We paid $25 to reserve a parking spot for the night, which worked well. You can also take your chances with street parking. The room was comfortable and we slept well on the bed. Best of all was the service. Melanie gave us the best service I have ever had in a hotel, including suggesting a restaurant (La Scala, it was amazing) in Little Italy, making a reservation for us, helping with a phone that didn't work, directing me to amenities, and - best of all - staying on the phone to give me turn by turn directions back to the hotel when we get lost. Service was also great the next morning, a different person was working then. A million gold stars for Melanie. If you visit Little Italy don't forget Vaccaro's for dessert - best napoleon I have ever had.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We reserved with the Living Social deal & had no problems for a Wed - Friday stay. The hotel has been extensively remodeled but still retains its old, charming features such as the beautiful spiral staircase & large windows. We loved it! The staff was very helpful & friendly. Everything was very clean. The location was good -- just a couple of blocks to the free CharmCity Circulator bus stop, which takes you everywhere in the surrounding area. We left our car in a city parking lot for the three days (Panda Parking) which we recommend as the hotel has very limited street parking.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Our inital reservations were for 3 nights, with a scare that we were being moved to another location due to HVAC issues. After I contacted the manager, Paul, he made arrangements for two of the three nights with the Brexton and I made other accommodations for our first night. In the end, Paul and his staff upgraded our room to a beautiful Superior King Suite for those two nights, took care of our parking and complimented us with a bottle of Merlot. I would say that given the circumstances, we were taken care of for our inconvenience.

As for the Hotel...it was absolutely beautiful. This trip was a surprise for my husband's birthday. He is very much into the history and architecture of old buildings and this was the place to be. It had character, history, intrigue and warmth. Every year we would visit Baltimore we would attend church just down the street, primarily for its beauty. To our amazement, our room had a direct view of this church! I wish I could have told my husband I planned that, but this is just how fortunate this trip played out. We probably spent more time at our hotel because of how wonderful it was than we initally planned to. It had a wonderful view of the city, large bathroom, big TV, Keurig coffee machine, nice bath robes and the most comfortable bed!!! There was not one thing about this room we did not love!!!! I took complete advantage of the coffee machine in the cafe, cafe latte's were my drink of choice. It was wonderful!

Location - We had lunch on the hotel's outdoor patio. We walked one day to the Inner-Harbor and took the Charm City Circulator another day (we wanted to experience a bit of everything). Being from Nebraska we are a little cautious of the "big city", but had absolutely no problems, or fears, at all.

It was interesting to learn of the history of this building and find it in books that we already had at home and didn't even know it. I believe that this will be our returning place for future trips to Baltimore, we truly loved it!

A BIG thank you to Paul and his staff for making this a wonderful trip. We can't wait to see you again!!!

Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Got the Living Social deal and agree with other reviews that is is imposible to get a weekend. We ended up doing the Sun-Tues. Overall I like the location. I got there early before check-in, got my free spot and never moved. We took the free bus to the inner harbor. That was great. The rooms were lackluster and dirty. When we check-in (after 4pm) our room was in the process of being cleaned, so they had to rush to finish while we stood in the hall. The breakfast was so-so. They ran out of butter and other things, and didn't replace them during our stay.
The most annoying part was the wi-fi. They advertise it on their website "Wireless High-Speed Internet" and don't say anything about a cost. They offer an Ipad in the lobby for use. Otherwise it is $9.99 a night! That was enough to make me never go back.
I was hoping for a bed and breakfast feel and instead I got cheap motel feel.

2 Thank amerlv
Lititz
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Hotel Brexton is a Living Social Scam. I bought a 2 night stay with the only restrictions being no holidays, but when I tried to book it 5 months before it expired I found out that it is impossible to make a reservation on a weekend. The only nights available were Sunday - Thursday. The Hotel Brexton oversold the deal, limited the number or rooms available and was unwilling to accommodate people who bought their vouchers. When I contacted Living Social they said there is nothing they can do and they are "aware that many people were not able to book rooms at the Hotel Brexton before the expiration date". Yet, they continue to do business with the Hotel Brexton by continuing to sell getaway deals for them even though Living Social knows that Hotel Brexton doesn't honor the deals that are sold. This is a major ripoff and there are many more reputable hotels in Baltimore that would not steal money from unsuspecting people and give them nothing in return. Stay away! Find another hotel.

5 Thank uutraveler