Hotel Brexton
Excellent 5/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Average 3/5
All reviewscity cafesymphony hallhistoric hotelking edwardmount vernoncircular staircasecontinental breakfastinner harborvernon areapenn stationchain hotelstreet parkingsmall hotellight railyogurtwalters museumgreat neighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The service provided by the hotel management fits somewhere on the border between spiteful and incompetent.

We arrived at the hotel on Saturday at 7 P.M. When we arrived at the hotel the girl at the desk said "I may have good news for you, or I may have bad news for you." She then proceeded to tell me that our two rooms were unavailable, and we were being sent to a hotel approximately 20 city blocks away in another section of Baltimore. She stated that parking would be provided at this new hotel. NEVER ONCE did ANYONE from the Brexton Hotel call us and tell us that there was a problem with our room. They even stated that "WE DIDN'T HAVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER." This was a lie because I made the reservation via phone.

When we arrived at our new hotel we were told that the parking was NOT free, and instead we would have to pay 24 dollars per car per night. I called the Brexton Hotel because the package I bought with the Brexton Hotel provided FREE PARKING. When I called the Brexton Hotel they told me the manager PAUL would call me back and take care of it. (IT HAS BEEN 5 days now and PAUL has never returned any of my 6 phone calls)

As a result of the fact that NOBODY at the Brexton Hotel told us that our room was no longer available, and the fact that the hotel we were placed in was in another section of Baltimore, we missed out on our dinner reservations on Saturday Night. Furthermore, we booked the Brexton Hotel with guests, and now we incurred approximately 100 dollars worth of taxi fees so that we could reunite with our group and experience Baltimore with them.

I have tried to register my complaint with Paul, the manager of the Hotel Brexton Hotel, six different times; however he has yet to return my phone call. We are very disappointed that the Brexton Hotel Hotel has never once called us to apologize for this inconvenience, called us back to discuss this, offered to pay for the FREE PARKING that I had purchased through the online package that was offered, or even had the professionalism to call us ahead of time to tell us that our room was no longer available. I have never seen such awful customer service and I would advise EVERYONE to stay away from this dreadful place. I plan to repost this every single day until I receive a call from a representative of the hotel to discuss this situation.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank ChrisWVerona_NJ
Reviewed February 21, 2012

very nice but hotels should not be charging for wifi

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Manchester659
Brexton, General Manager at Hotel Brexton, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. Your comments are highly appreciated and I will work towards addressing the Wi-Fi issue. Once again thank you and we look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The rooms were nice and clean. The location was great for our planned activities. Even though the hotel is undergoing renovations, it was great to see a beautiful building restored and the staff proud of it. We plan on returning.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and especially putting up with the small renovation that we were undergoing. Am happy to report that it was completed, we have a new look lobby area and we can’t wait for your future return visit. Once again thank you for having chosen to stay at the Brexton.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

I really enjoyed the service from the staff. The hotel was very clean. Rooms are very nice and romantic. Great location in the city all kinds of things to do around the area. Just lovely Me and my wife really enjoyed it there. We will be coming at least once of month

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed February 5, 2012

My sister, 2 nieces and I visited Baltimore this past weekend to see our nephew in "Fiddler on the Roof" at the Lyric. From a very warm reception to a friendly goodbye we enjoyed our visit. The staff is very friendly and helpful, rooms are charming, breakfast is fine, and hot drinks available 24/7. We walked to several great restaurants (City Cafe, Marie Louise Bistro, Sammy's Trattoria), and to the Lyric. Nothing was more than a 10 minute walk. Free Circulator bus available every 10 minutes to Inner Harbor. Great trip, and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family