“Keep Going Back!!!!”

Rachael's Dowry Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 12 Baltimore B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is our third stay with Tish and Norman at Rachael's Dowry. They are so friendly and everyone is treated like family. The house is beautiful - one of the oldest in Baltimore. The amenities are wonderful and everything is in walking distance or easily accessible by the light rail or bus system. Camden Yards is literally in the backyard. Already planning next year's trip.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful! The Audrey Genevieve room is nice because there is a tub shower and the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank gmrchick73

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at Rachael's because I needed to be in Baltimore for the Maryland Bar Exam. It was the most wonderful stay I've ever had at a hotel/inn/B&B. After taking 12 hours of exams over 2 days, the room was my little sanctuary. It was within walking distance of everything I wanted to go to.

Breakfast was delicious and kept me full throughout the morning. I LOVED the bed. It was the most amazing bed I've ever slept in. Coming home was slightly disappointing. Tish was amazing and helpful. I plan on coming back just to visit the city in the fall or winter.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Lily R
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This B&B is a beautiful building with a very gracious host I couldn't be any happier with our stay there.
I'm not sure what I liked most about my stay it could have been the history of the building, it could have been the comfort of the room, maybe it was the small details down to the hinges on the doors. Whatever it was this place and it's hosts were wonderful, I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: The suite is beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Frank S
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife & I had the most wonderful stay ( three nights) . I would highly recommend this bed & breakfast to anyone. Absolutely 1st class. Plus their location in Baltimore made sightseeing very easy to accomplish with no hassle. My wife & I felt very safe there and in the area. If you like baseball, the stadium is only several hundred yards away. A very short & easy walk. We also walked to the Babe Ruth Birthplace & Museum as well as the B & O Railroad Museum.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank George N
Reviewed August 5, 2013

GPS got us there in good shape and our host met us in the parking lot...great overview he gave of the city as well as history of the B&B and environs. Close to everything. Didn't even hear noise from the ball park altho a game was going on. Cautionary note: If you go out of town a ways on a night when a game is on, GPS has a tough time making your way back due to the temp street closings!

Room Tip: If you have issues dealing with stairs, be sure to request the ground floor room!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChurchHillGal
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just like previous entries stated, everything was wonderful; beginning with Tish meeting us at the alley so we could find the parking lot for the house. We were so stressed from the drive and the traffic, which melted as soon as we met her and saw the beautiful home. We were close to everything! We highly recommend the Corner Bistro for a quiet dinner. We cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Helene-Mike
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our stay at this B & B was wonderful. We were greeted by Tish-she gave us a tour of the house. Tish was one of the nicest persons I have ever met. Our room was very comfortable and had some nice fresh flowers on the bureau! This was a nice touch. Breakfast was very good-great coffee and yummy food. There was a small fridge with bottled water, an ice machine, homemade snacks when we came in from our evening out! The location was excellent-only steps away from Camden Yards and a 15 minute walk to the inner harbor. I will not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: I'm sure every room was beautiful!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple