“Best Stay I've ever had”

Rachael's Dowry Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Baltimore B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Best Stay I've ever had”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at Rachael's because I needed to be in Baltimore for the Maryland Bar Exam. It was the most wonderful stay I've ever had at a hotel/inn/B&B. After taking 12 hours of exams over 2 days, the room was my little sanctuary. It was within walking distance of everything I wanted to go to.

Breakfast was delicious and kept me full throughout the morning. I LOVED the bed. It was the most amazing bed I've ever slept in. Coming home was slightly disappointing. Tish was amazing and helpful. I plan on coming back just to visit the city in the fall or winter.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Lily R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Baldwin, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This B&B is a beautiful building with a very gracious host I couldn't be any happier with our stay there.
I'm not sure what I liked most about my stay it could have been the history of the building, it could have been the comfort of the room, maybe it was the small details down to the hinges on the doors. Whatever it was this place and it's hosts were wonderful, I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: The suite is beautiful.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Frank S
Palmyra, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife & I had the most wonderful stay ( three nights) . I would highly recommend this bed & breakfast to anyone. Absolutely 1st class. Plus their location in Baltimore made sightseeing very easy to accomplish with no hassle. My wife & I felt very safe there and in the area. If you like baseball, the stadium is only several hundred yards away. A very short & easy walk. We also walked to the Babe Ruth Birthplace & Museum as well as the B & O Railroad Museum.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank George N
Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

GPS got us there in good shape and our host met us in the parking lot...great overview he gave of the city as well as history of the B&B and environs. Close to everything. Didn't even hear noise from the ball park altho a game was going on. Cautionary note: If you go out of town a ways on a night when a game is on, GPS has a tough time making your way back due to the temp street closings!

Room Tip: If you have issues dealing with stairs, be sure to request the ground floor room!
Green Features: Clearly they have just about everything you can think of 'green'!!
2 Thank ChurchHillGal
Winterville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just like previous entries stated, everything was wonderful; beginning with Tish meeting us at the alley so we could find the parking lot for the house. We were so stressed from the drive and the traffic, which melted as soon as we met her and saw the beautiful home. We were close to everything! We highly recommend the Corner Bistro for a quiet dinner. We cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Helene-Mike
Maine
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our stay at this B & B was wonderful. We were greeted by Tish-she gave us a tour of the house. Tish was one of the nicest persons I have ever met. Our room was very comfortable and had some nice fresh flowers on the bureau! This was a nice touch. Breakfast was very good-great coffee and yummy food. There was a small fridge with bottled water, an ice machine, homemade snacks when we came in from our evening out! The location was excellent-only steps away from Camden Yards and a 15 minute walk to the inner harbor. I will not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: I'm sure every room was beautiful!
1 Thank Maddymaine
Ellicottville
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Rachel's Dowry was the perfect place to stay for a weekend getaway to Baltimore's Inner Harbor. The B&B is beautifully restored and filled with period antiques. We were greeted at the door by Tish who provided us with maps of the city, restaurant ideas (The Corner Bistro - great local place for good wine and food), touring options etc. Our room was on the main floor and was very comfortable, clean and well appointed. It had all the little extras you might need for a relaxing weekend getaway such as wine glasses, easy chairs, and an outside patio. Breakfast was served by Tish and was scrumptious. I particularly enjoyed the apple French toast. The B&B is about a 15 minute walk to the Inner Harbor, 5 minutes to the baseball stadium and convention center. We will definitely return on our next escape to Baltimore!

1 Thank Jean K