“Intimate Wedding and Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rachael's Dowry Bed and Breakfast

Rachael's Dowry Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Baltimore B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Intimate Wedding and Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Rachael's Dowry was absolutely wonderful!!! We had our 20 guest intimate wedding at the Inn and everything was just perfect. The innkeepers were great and worked with us to make sure that eveything was just how we needed it to be. We rented out all the rooms for two nights and out of town guests stayed at the inn, they had nothing but positive things to stay and they all felt so spoiled by the end of the trip. Rachael's Dowry was a dream come true for us and we highly reccomend it!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Cassattack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Bayport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our family's first time in Baltimore! We stayed for one wonderful evening while looking at colleges in the area. Tish is a wonderful hostess who helped us with directions and served us the best breakfast we've ever had! Parking and wireless internet was included, the room was perfect! The extra touches such as cookies and brandy in the library were much appreciated! We highly recommend Rachael's Dowry, and will be back ourselves!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SueTravelQ
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

For our anniversary, he wanted to see a baseball game and I wanted a nice relaxing place to stay and Rachael's Dowry was perfect for us! It is a beautiful restored home a short walk from Camden Yards and a nice walk down to the Harbor area. We loved it and enjoyed the beautiful home, spacious room and bathroom, delicious breakfast and warm hospitality. We will definitely look for B&B's to stay in on future trips based on our outstanding experience here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christina B
West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

On a whim last year, my boyfriend booked 3 nights at Rachael's Dowry. He wanted to go someplace he'd never been before (I had never stayed in Baltimore either), and stay in a Bed & Breakfast (something else neither of us had done).

Norman (our host) greeted us outside when we arrived, and carried my suitcase for me. Our tour of the house (built in 1798) started the minute we stepped through the door, and continued until we came to our room on the top floor, the Ella Virginia. The home is AMAZING, the room was spacious and comforting, with a nice view of the garden out front. The bathroom was ENORMOUS! There is a tub, and a separate shower. The breakfasts were fantastic, and different every morning, starting with a fruit and yogurt parfait. I couldn't say enough about the eggs. In the evening, enjoy water, wine and homemade cookies that are left out on the buffet in the dining room.

The Dowry is just a minutes walk away from Camden Yards, and about a 15-20 minute walk to the Inner Harbor. We walked EVERYWHERE while we were in Baltimore, and it was fantastic! Norman offered recommendations during breakfast of places to go and things to do... we didn't really have an itinerary. Also... my boyfriend brought a dulcimer and violin to play, and Norman welcomed the "noise".

All year I've been wanting to go back. My boyfriend just booked us two nights... in the Ella Virginia... in September, and it cannot come fast enough!

I cannot recommend this B&B enough. Please stay... it's so worth it!

Room Tip: If you don't mind a few flights of stairs, the Ella Virginia was wonderful! Norman let us peak i...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rhiannon_Todd
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

As a woman who was traveling alone for business, I chose to stay at a B&B to provide a more personal, homey experience. This gem of a historic property located behind Campden Yard, near Inner Harbour, exceeded all expectations. The house has been meticulously restored and maintained with rooms furnished in period, with addition of small flat screen tv provided for connection to modern world. Charming gas fed fireplace also a plus. In addition to the bedroom areas, the house offers 2 lovely salon rooms and a small patio garden to facilitate visiting or reading. The management could not have been more accommodating and personable, with cookie jar filled daily, tea time an option, and breakfast delicious, with home made muffins, fresh fruit-granola-yogurt blend served with main dish. I highly recommend Rachel's Dowry weever a local getaway or a Baltimore destination is desired.

Room Tip: You may choose between rooms located on 3 floors accessed by wide staircase. The lower rooms are pr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We rented out the entire B&B for my mother's 65th birthday weekend. The rooms are all beautiful with modern amenities, but cozy/quaint decorations. Tish and Norm are easy to work with and Tish did a wonderful job organizing dessert and champagne for my mother after dinner. Definitely recommend for a group or couples!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but the rooms that face the stadium are louder if the Orioles are playing!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

The kids were away with grandma for the week, so I wanted to surprise my wife with a nice getaway for the 4th of July. We live outside of DC and my wife works in DC, so I wanted to go some place not too far but far enough to feel like we were not in the nation’s capital. I decided to look for a nice spot in Baltimore so that we could also enjoy the fireworks. I found Rachael’s Dowry on tripadvisor.com and wanted to see for myself why it was ranked the #1 B&B in the city.

I booked online and Tish called the next morning to provide us the details of the residence. When we arrived she knew who we were and gave us a tour of the more than 200 year old place. There was a nice welcome with cookies and brandy and we immediately had a warm feeling. We viewed some of the rooms and were able to stay in a beautifully restored Audrey Genevieve suite with a 4 poster bed. I don’t want to give away too many details but there was a mix between the new and old. You have the amenities with the TV having DirecTV, modern clock with an iPod adapter, a white noise machine, iron and even a washer/dryer (I don’t know if it is every room or for the guest but was accessible). There is also the early American charm with classical styled furniture, fixtures and artwork. What amazed me the most was how spacious the room was and how high the ceilings were, so I did not feel cramped. Outside of the room, were a dining room, library and courtyard (meals served outside as well).

Beyond the gorgeous structure was the service. Tish could not have been more accommodating. Of course she showed us around, but my wife cracked her toenail and was given peroxide, cotton balls and band-aids. We didn’t think we would be around for breakfast, but my wife left early and Tish made me a plate of fruit with yogurt, bacon and banana bread even though it wasn’t ordered (although I wish I had the full breakfast, which would have been included). There are even extras like an ice machine, internet (I think) and most important, a parking lot. Yes, they have parking in the heart of Baltimore City. I highly recommend this place for baseball/football games, conventions and most of all, a getaway from DC or any other city. You or your partner will NOT be disappointed! Trust me, I scored points:)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Audrey Genevieve suite. Spacious, ceilings and even a washer & dryer.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple