“Decent food, great service”
Review of Langermann's - CLOSED

Langermann's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Canton
Cross street: In the Can Company
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had another opportunity to dine at Langermann's and it was definitely better this time around. I'd still objectively say that this place is a 3.5/5, but it deserves a bump for its consistent and undeniably impeccable service.

Appetizers and drinks came out in lightning speed. Not sure why I didn't get this last time, but the Asparagus Frites were delicious, almost like a positive spin-off of asparagus tempura. We also took a stab at the Crispy Ravioli, which wasn't bad either. As for drinks, the organic Crispin sparked my interest and didn't disappoint.

As for the entrees, we got the Braised Lamb and the special of the day, which was sea bass. Now this is what I learned. I probably won't be getting any type of braised meat at Langermann's anymore. That's two strikes. First was the Braised Beef Short Rib and this time was the Braised Lamb. Both were just not that appetizing taste-wise as they were tough, not tender, and not very flavorful. However, the sea bass special was absolutely amazing. It was one of the better fish dishes I've had in Baltimore thus far, and I feel Langermann's would do themselves a favor if they had this dish as part of their regular menus.

Dessert wasn't anything special, but it did the job. We had the Apple Cobbler with ice cream. Pretty standard.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised because I came with lower expectations due to my first experience here.

There are newer reviews for Langermann's

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stumbled upon Langermann's while exploring Baltimore and decided to give it a try. Had a delightful lunch, thanks to their turkey, apple and brie sandwich and a wonderful server who was friendly enough to make the meal a real treat.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

tried this gem in the American Can Co. on basis of TA recommendations. Great variety and nice combinations which were very well prepared. The fish was fresh, the meat cooked properly. Staff was friendly and helpful, parking easy. Nice to walk along the water afterwards. A really delightful evening!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Arrived for early dinner at 6pm to an empty restaurant - granted it was a Tuesday night and the bar area did have a good crowd. Seated immediately and greeted by a pleasant server. My wife and I decided to order a bottle of wine. Our server came back and told us they were out of that bottle so we settled on a glass of another wine. Menu looked good and we started with an appetizer of Asparagus Frites. My wife ordered the Sweet Tea Brined Roast Chicken and I ordered the Shrimp and Grits. We were first brought a bread basket of biscuits and cornbread. The cornbread was good, however, the biscuits were cold, hard and dry. We were served our Asparagus Frites and they looked good, however, the coating was to heavy, rubbery and bland. The asparagus, however had a nice flavor and the Smoky Mountain Pepper Jam was very good.
We received our entrees not long after, the Sweet Tea Brined Chicken had a good flavor, though the meat was dry and tasted as if it had been pre-cooked and reheated. The Shrimp and Grits had a very good flavor, the shrimp were large and plentiful and the clam broth was fantastic. The andouille sausage, however, was bland. Decided not to have dessert. Was rather disappointed after hearing good reviews, although we will give a second try.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Upon arrival, we were seated straight away by a friendly hostess. After a long wait for a server, we decided to go to the bar for our dining experience. Our bartender was efficient and made a great drink. We started with the Cape Fear Scallops and the Tuna Crab Tartar, all for good reason. Both were delicious! The scallops were cooked perfectly and I've never had grits that tasted so delectable! Even the corn bread was tasty. For our main meal, I ordered the Sea Bass (Yum!) and husband ordered the NY Strip. His first choice was the Missy Skillet Chicken, unfortunately, they were all out. The steak was cooked perfect to his request and no one left hungry. Langermann's will definitely be a location that we will return -- very soon.