“Excellent meal”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Canton
Cross street: In the Can Company
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was the first time we tried this restaurant - the cuisine is described as low country southern. For the most part, the food was excellent. I was a bit disappointed in the shrimp and grits, but everything else was delicious! The tuna tartare appetizer was especially good. We had a wonderful waitress who made our experience there a very pleasant one. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This restaurant is located in a nice area of Canton, with paid valet parking available on a recent Saturday night for $5 (before tip). There are several shopping center parking lots nearby, but its not really clear whether or not you run a risk of getting towed. Spaces on the street are rare.

Without question, Langermann's has a festive atmosphere and pleasant decor .The clientele was comprised of all age groups and there was something of a “family feel” to the place. Our 7:15 pm reservation was honored promptly and the restaurant.com coupon was cheerfully accepted.

Following drinks, we ordered the sea bass and the hangar steak entrees, which were brought to our table within about 7-minutes. Which raises the question of whether or not these meals were pre-cooked. Everything tasted fine, but the speed of service was somewhat suspicious and unwelcome. It detracted from our ability to linger and leisurely enjoy ourselves without feeling rushed.

To extend our stay a bit longer, we ordered coffee and dessert. I should mention that we found the bread pudding to be unusually thick and dense--not light and fluffy as expected. We didn't care for it.

And so, we are still mulling over our experience at Langermann's. Despite some of the negtive aspects mentioned above, our impression is pretty favorable on the whole. We are willing to give this establishment another try sometime in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I had never heard of this place, but I saw a voucher offer online, so I decided to give it a try. The food was amazing. Honestly, I have never had a steak as good as their NY strip. The appetizer (tuna tartare) and the dessert (pecan pie) were MUCH better than average. I'm from New Mexico, where pecan pie is supposedly a big deal, and I must say that what I've had before doesn't even begin to compare to the pecan pie at Langermann's. It really was that good. It was buttery and filled with pecans; most places use way too much corn syrup and not enough pecans, but Langermann's figured out a way to make one that showcased the pecans in an absolutely delicious way.

They also have a good wine selection, and the restaurant had a good amount of people in it for a weekday (not enough to need our reservation, but still enough to feel like we weren't the only people there). All in all, this is my new favorite restaurant in Baltimore.

Oh, the price for two people was out of my normal dinner budget ($100 for appetizer, 2 entrees, dessert, and half-bottle of their least expensive wine), but I would definitely go again if I had another voucher or if it was a special occasion.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

New Orleans flavors mixed with fresh food and interesting and delicious preparations make this a gem of a restaurant. The gluten free menu is extensive. The meals are creative, flavorful, and served by a knowledgeable wait staff. From starters to dessert, you won't be disappointed. The restaurant is located in Canton, an area full of restaurants.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I purchased a Groupon or Living Social coupon for Langermann's with the intent to celebrate my birthday and Valentine's Day with my husband. We had never been there before, but between the various menus and the reviews at Trip Advisor I was convinced this was the place for us.
We ordered the Low Country Louie, which was a heavenly combination of lobster, crab, crayfish, corn and Creole Mayonnaise served in a martini glass. For our main courses I ordered their signature dish, the Charleston Shrimp and Grits, and my husband ordered braised lamb shanks with mashed potatoes and a kale mixture. Both meals were outstanding! There were plenty of large shrimp prepared to perfection in my dinner and my husband's lamb "fell of the bones." For dessert, we ordered a bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and caramel drizzled over all of it. What's not to love? The service was outstanding and the atmosphere very relaxing.
My only "complaint" would be the parking situation which we found to be horrendous! Despite the fact there was valet service available, the night we went there was only one person manning the valet and he was split between Langermann's and Outback Steak House.
One other item of note: Langermann's menu has so many wonderful choices from which to choose that you hardly know where to begin! So if you're like us, you end up doing a bit of eenie meenie mighty moe! Everyone should have that problem!!!