“Worse breakfast ever”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Description:
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This restaurant is attached to the Admiral Fell hotel....we had a voucher from the hotel so we used it for breakfast. I ordered stone cut oatmeal for $9, what I got was a Tiny bowl of mush that was so sweet I could barely eat it. Tasted liked instant oatmeal in a package, husband had Belgian waffle for $10.. I think they were frozen waffles.. With coffee and juice breakfast cost over $30 and was terrible...too many great breakfast spots in Baltimore...skip this one..use your voucher someplace else!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We celebrated my son's 23rd Birthday here (this is his favorite place). What an excellent meal - we tried so many things - the best were the Gazpacho, almejas, planxa, alcochofa, espinaca, bistec. And the ambiance is wonderful - we love to sit outside in the courtyard. If you want to feel like you're in Europe - have a tapas meal at Adela's.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I had to postpone my arrival due to work, but the hostess was more than accomodating. Had a table within minutes. Was seated in an out of the way room through a warren of hallways. I kind of liked it, made it mysterious and serene. The room which is an open patio in nice weather, had a heavy canopy and infrared heaters to keep the space comfy. The food was all pleasant, well presented and adequate in it's quantity..as tapas goes anyway. I had some of the best scallops in a long time. The white Sangria was superb. I will go again to try more menu items. The place was just jumping with life on arrival and when leaving. Next time I will sit out front near the bar. More action and a little livelier atmosphere.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

First we were seated in a small party room with a noisey group of women behind us; when we asked to be moved, we were given a very high table which came up to my nose, near the kitchen. Finally, we were moved to the front room, where there was plenty of space. All the dishes we ordered arrived at about the same time. The flatbread with veggies, tho good, quickly got soggy. The shrimp in garlic was the best dish. The steak Adela was overcooked and tasteless. The surrounding sauce was nicely spiced; too bad the meat hadn't been marinated in it prior to cooking. Overall, we felt unwelcome and rushed. The hostess did a poor job in seating us appropriately, and everything went downhill from there.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I'm not sure why the Admiral Fell Inn doesn't promote Tapas Adela as a good breakfast spot connected to the hotel but after much winding around and finally asking about it and getting an escort, we found it. Breakfast service was in a small charming dining room that was flooded with sunlight and was set with linens and nice china. Menu was about 8 or 10 choices but plenty of variety: oatmeal, French toast, eggs, etc. I had poached eggs which are hard to find these days, bacon, toast, and fried potatoes. All arrived hot and even the OJ was good. Husband had Belgium waffle and enjoyed it as well. Service was very good and I appreciated a quiet, tasty, unhurried breakfast, all at the generosity of a $25 gift certificate from the Admiral Fell Inn. As we walked though the lobby afterwards, a gentleman approached us asking if we knew of a breakfast spot since he could smell hot food but had no idea where it was. The hotel offers only a few muffins and coffee in the lobby, clearly not an exciting breakfast to the nose or taste buds.