“had a wonderful late night dinner”

B&O American Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
B&O American Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: West Baltimore
Transit: Charm City Circulator, Purple route: Fayette Street stop
Description: When you inherit a space as magical as the historic former Baltimore & Ohio Railroad headquarters, you've got to do it justice. We kept our building's most stunning architectural features intact while updating the space with contemporary design elements and nostalgic touches, like chairs and table lamps from original B&O dining cars. Our practices are distinctly 21st century, though, from selecting the best local produce at the farmer's market to serving cutting-edge craft cocktails to maintaining a steadfast commitment to sustainable business practices. If only train passengers from the early 1900s had it so good!
South Florida, Florida
“had a wonderful late night dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

great service and dinner. i had a wonderfully flavored fish special and husband had fish cakes. both were delicious, well prepared, seasoned, and presented. will definitely return. great wine list too. YUM!

• Visited December 2013
david f, General Manager at B&O American Brasserie, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Calkid,

thanks for dining with us. I am glad you enjoyed the fish special that evening. We run daily specials at both lunch and dinner so pop back in when you are near. Thanks again!

Severn, Maryland
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Having never heard of the B&O I found it on Open Table and decided to try it out. Arrived around 5:30PM on a Saturday on the front side of a night out. Valet service at the door was quick and appreciated. There weren't many people in the place at this time of the day, but service was great from the time we checked our coats to the time we pick up my car from the valet.

The waitress had her stuff together and made sure we had all we needed. Yes, my dirty martini (Grey Goose) was made very well, but I was hoping that I did not have to ask for olives stuffed with blue cheese (my preference). For an appetizer we ordered the Rockfish Collar. The meet was tender and tasty. For main course I ordered the Duck 2 Ways and it was good as well. My date ordered the pork chops. Had to send them back to be cooked a little longer, but it was very good once it cam back out. I ordered another dirty martini this time with the stuffed blue cheese olives. Now that was a great dirty martini! Had to leave to catch a show at the Lyric, otherwise I would have had another one!

The food, service and ambience was excellent. I defiantly will come here again

• Visited January 2014
Dear Iwwisdom,

thank you for the great review, I am glad we were able to quickly fix the pork chop for your date. Please keep us in mind the next time you are going to the Lyric or visiting downtown.
Silver Spring, MD
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were travelling in Baltimore and saw mention of this restaurant in Baltimore magazine. We had grandparents and small kids and everybody found something to eat. The food was delicious, the cocktails were divine, it's a very neat space, but most importantly, the service was spectacular. Not fussy, just pleasant and completely on top of their game. I'm still thinking about the dinner 24 hours later.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank baileyd72
Dear baileyd72

Thank you for the kind words, it was our pleasure having you and your family dine with us. Please let us know when you will be joining us a gain, we look forward to your next visit!
Toronto, Canada
“great food but not so great service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Service was extremely slow ( on a not so busy evening), they forgot orders (on prix-fix dinner), mixed up the wine, didn't replace cutlery with second course and were just not as attentive as we expected as a large group of business clients.

Visited January 2014
david f, General Manager at B&O American Brasserie, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
J M S,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your dining experience. As the new General Manager I take Guest satisfaction very seriously. I will address these issues with my team to ensure that this doesn't happen again. I would like to know more about it if you could reach out to me that would be great. (david.friday@bandorestaurant.com)

Thanks
Baltimore, Maryland
“Not your typical hotel restaurant...Especially on New Years Eve!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

As an earlier reviewer commented "The B&O Brasserie is a great example of a hotel having outstanding food, not just food that is convenient because its in the hotel." No truer words have been spoken. I've always been skeptical of restaurants in hotels as many are operated out of convenience vs quality of the dining experience.

The B&O Brasserie is an exception. Our party of four dined on New Year's eve, typically the worst night of the year for dining experiences. We thoroughly enjoyed the Prix Fix menu menu selections, and found the portions to be pleasing. I have to hand it to the Chef, the Walla Walla onion soup was outstanding as was the prime rib. Our waiter Joseph, was equally outstanding. Always attentive to our needs, and offered great suggestions and recommendations for cocktails, dinner and desert.

During our meal, and apres dinner drinks, we never felt rushed or pressured to leave our table. We enjoyed a prompt 8pm seating and left satisfied at 10:45p having enjoyed a leisurely dinner and conversation with friends...

We look forward to returning for happy hour, and future dining experiences.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank WaterMark67
david f, General Manager at B&O American Brasserie, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
WaterMark67 ,

Happy New Year and thank you for celebrating with us! I will pass on your great words to our culinary team and celebrate with Jospeph! Please come back soon to see us, we have great thing in store for 2014!