“Second time was just as perfect as the first”

B&O American Brasserie
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: West Baltimore
Transit: Charm City Circulator, Purple route: Fayette Street stop
Description: When you inherit a space as magical as the historic former Baltimore & Ohio Railroad headquarters, you've got to do it justice. We kept our building's most stunning architectural features intact while updating the space with contemporary design elements and nostalgic touches, like chairs and table lamps from original B&O dining cars. Our practices are distinctly 21st century, though, from selecting the best local produce at the farmer's market to serving cutting-edge craft cocktails to maintaining a steadfast commitment to sustainable business practices. If only train passengers from the early 1900s had it so good!
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
“Second time was just as perfect as the first”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Maryland Crab Cake is HUGE and delicious. My husband got the pork shoulder and it was so good. He couldn't stop talking about the bacon pieces. I wasn't that impressed with the cheesecake sundae. It was pretty bland and didn't really have anything that special. I wish I did the chocolate expresso. Reservations were easy, staff was pleasant, and we had a nice quiet spot.

Love it.

• Visited May 2013
MDGarner, General Manager at B&O American Brasserie, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor! We're so happy you enjoyed your second visit with us and hope we get to see you for many more! Next time you're in be sure to try our new dessert menu that we're rolling out this weekend. Thanks, again!

Marcus

“Great food, atmosphere and service!!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We went here for breakfast while staying at the Monaco. The food was Great!! Cheese grits, Banana pancakes and bacon was my choice that morning! I left completely satisfied as did my husband and 3 children! Do try!

1 Thank Brittneylynnhajjar
MDGarner, General Manager at B&O American Brasserie, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hi Brittney!

Thank you for your 5 star review of us on Trip Advisor! It means so much to us that we can provide such a great experience for you! Glad you loved the pancakes, they're a staff favorite! we hope to see you again soon!

Long Island
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

You will not be dissappointed with B&O...breakfast, lunch or dinner. I know since I ate there several times over the past weekend while attending a conference. My hotel was located right around the corner and lets just say it wasn't a place I wanted to eat at. On my first day was lucky enough to have found B&O restaurant located just around the corner from where I was staying and enjoyed the experience so much that I revisited several times. The restaurant is well appointed, the staff was very friendly and professional, it was clean and the food was excellent. The menu had familiar items with unique twists...the rubeun make with duck was subpurb and the strawberry soup was amazing...and don't miss out on the hot lemon and thyme donuts.

Hello!

Thank you for your 4 star review of us on Trip Advisor! We are very happy to learn you enjoyed all of your dining experiences with us. We look forward to taking care of you again, upon your return!

Philadelphia, PA
“Breakfast was okay”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Like most places, the continental breakfast was expensive and not exciting. I am not a big breakfast person so I did not mind but if you are looking for a large breakfast, I would suggest going elsewhere or expect to pay a lot.

Visited December 2012
Dumfries, Virginia, United States
“Very good meal, energetic happy hour crowd”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco so the B&O was more of a convenience than a destination. That being said, the food is very good and this was our second visit to the restaurant for dinner. We had a 6:00 p.m. reservation that was easily made using Open Table online. The place was filled for happy hour and the atmosphere was quite energetic. Had we been able to sit upstairs there probably would have been less noise from the crowd, but it is not handicapped accessible so we had to sit downstairs.

• Visited April 2013