“Highly recommended”

B&O American Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
B&O American Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 2,054 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: West Baltimore
Transit: Charm City Circulator, Purple route: Fayette Street stop
Description: When you inherit a space as magical as the historic former Baltimore & Ohio Railroad headquarters, you've got to do it justice. We kept our building's most stunning architectural features intact while updating the space with contemporary design elements and nostalgic touches, like chairs and table lamps from original B&O dining cars. Our practices are distinctly 21st century, though, from selecting the best local produce at the farmer's market to serving cutting-edge craft cocktails to maintaining a steadfast commitment to sustainable business practices. If only train passengers from the early 1900s had it so good!
Reviewed May 7, 2013

You will not be dissappointed with B&O...breakfast, lunch or dinner. I know since I ate there several times over the past weekend while attending a conference. My hotel was located right around the corner and lets just say it wasn't a place I wanted to eat at. On my first day was lucky enough to have found B&O restaurant located just around the corner from where I was staying and enjoyed the experience so much that I revisited several times. The restaurant is well appointed, the staff was very friendly and professional, it was clean and the food was excellent. The menu had familiar items with unique twists...the rubeun make with duck was subpurb and the strawberry soup was amazing...and don't miss out on the hot lemon and thyme donuts.

MDGarner, General Manager at B&O American Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for your 4 star review of us on Trip Advisor! We are very happy to learn you enjoyed all of your dining experiences with us. We look forward to taking care of you again, upon your return!

Best,
Marcus

There are newer reviews for B&O American Brasserie

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Like most places, the continental breakfast was expensive and not exciting. I am not a big breakfast person so I did not mind but if you are looking for a large breakfast, I would suggest going elsewhere or expect to pay a lot.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco so the B&O was more of a convenience than a destination. That being said, the food is very good and this was our second visit to the restaurant for dinner. We had a 6:00 p.m. reservation that was easily made using Open Table online. The place was filled for happy hour and the atmosphere was quite energetic. Had we been able to sit upstairs there probably would have been less noise from the crowd, but it is not handicapped accessible so we had to sit downstairs.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Drinks were nice and Happy Hour was a good deal but food was just OK and service was not good. The flat bread pizzas were pretty good, though.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Horribly pricey and the food was just ok, nothing to write home about. The menu seemed to be all about different ways to cook pork belly. I splurged on room service for breakfast and it was the absolute worst breakfast I have ever had. I ordered Rye toast 2 eggs and ham with tomato juice. What I got was the 2 scrambled eggs and ham plus potatoes and A SLICE of rye bread - not toasted. The bread wasn't fresh and was horribly dry. And it was all COLD! You can get a better meal at McDonald's and I have! This Chef should do himself a favor and stop concentrating on ways to make Pork Belly and concentrate on his skills to make and serve a simple breakfast. Oh and maybe lower his prices $100 for a plain fish dinner for 2 people is outrageous! No appetizers and no alcohol just ice tea. Service was ok, but a little slow.

MDGarner, General Manager at B&O American Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Hello,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback in regards to your recent dining experiences with us. It means a lot to us and we strive for continuous improvement, daily. I am terribly sorry we failed to meet your expectations and that the value for price was extremely subpar. I wanted you to know that our spring menus go live next week so we are hoping to correct any issues, including quality. We've also just acquired a new chef, with a new vision for all menus, including the in room expereince, so we hope you get the chance to return so we can attempt to right the wrongs from your previous visit. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any further feedback or to assist in taking care of your dining needs. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Best,