“Comfortable Joint...”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Betw. E. Pleasant St. & E. Saratoga St.
Transit: A short walk from most downtown hotels, use Baltimore City’s FREE Purple Line Circulator buses (going North-exit 305 Pleasant Street & N. Charles Street or Going South-exit 317 St Paul and Saratoga Street)
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My family and I ate at Maisy's prior to a concert at First Baltimore Arena. Comfortable feel to the place and the food was very good. Great beer selection and the service was outstanding. Our waiter (wish I could remember his Name) was friendly and informative about the restaurant's offerings. Would return here.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Maisy's is not perfect, not fancy, not outstanding. But it is comfortable. I've dined there several times and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, good, friendly service and interesting meals. I've always been able to get a parking space within a block or two and get a table right away.

I've had the Alligator Gumbo, which was good and hardy. Most recently, I had the strip steak with pumpkin puree and cornbread green beans--very good flavor(s) though the steak was a little chewy.

I'll come back, it's one of my "go-to" restaurants.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Based on all of the other reviews, I was really looking forward to a good local restaurant meal during a weekend getaway to Baltimore. Service was good, but the food was bland and not worth the price. We ordered Duck Spring Rolls for an appetizer, they were OK... a bit greasy, not much flavor, and barely any duck meat. Being in the crab cake center of the world, you would think they would have some of the best... not so! Crab cakes were fried (very hard), and about half filler, no seasoning. The succotash side dish had no flavor and the lima beans were hard. The mac and cheese side dish again had no flavor. My husband ordered the Alligator gumbo... no flavor! I would recommend that the chef go to the McCormick store at the Inner Harbor and invest in some Old Bay and Creole seasoning. I don't know if something may have recently changed here in regards to a Chef or ownership, but the menu that is posted on Trip Advisor, is not the menu we were given to select from. With the exception of a few items, the menu was completely different. Also, I was a bit surprised that they couldn't afford to replace the long bench seat where the tables were lined up against. The vinyl was worn down to the cloth and they had a sheet over part of it....kind of creeped me out. Didn't enjoy the chatty conversation with the waiter either... he asked if we ever tried bear meat and then horse meat... not a good subject to bring up when he didn't know he was talking to a horse owner.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Unfortunately I visited when my waitress was hungry. She ate her lunch at the bar while I nursed my beer while eating a pizza. Finally she came over and I got my second beer.
It took forever to get my check and I gave up on the change.
Maybe it was a bad night, when I visited last year it was awesome.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Decor... fine. Location... good. Food... quite enjoyable. Service? great!! If you are like me, you enjoy finding spots where the bartenders are engaging and funny, yet equally professional and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, you would think these spots were easier to find! However, Maisys's is one of the few bars in my travels that - on its own - makes me want to come back and visit a specific city. Came here two days in a row, and Jesse and Amanda made the idea of re-visiting Baltimore in the near-future a must! Thanks for the hospitality, and I highly recommend this spot!

1  Thank Special_M