“Unassuming gem”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Fleet Street & President Street
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Wow, what an amazing find this place turned out to be. At the junction of the inner harbor, little Italy and Fells point, Talara offered outstanding food and personalized service that anyone would be delighted by. Innovating menu items and creative presentation made the night out a delight. Try it, you'll like it.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I am in Baltimore several times a year and always enjoy a couple of meals at Talara while I am in town. They just came out with a new menu and although I miss a couple of my favorites, there are a few new ones that may possibly become my new favorites. Chef amazing! Wait staff is attentive, knowledgeable and very sweet!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I enjoyed this little restaurant - unique menu, unique decor, and a great ambience for business meeting - not too loud, not too quiet, just enough vibe to have a great conversation.

Food was great - a little expensive, but well done. I wouldn't say it was the best food ever, but definitely above par. I would come here again.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Talara is a bit too pricey for us to be a regular customers. In fact, both times we have eaten there we used a Travelzoo promotion. Last night I had some of the following:

- The Harbor Eastside Cocktail, made with Rye, Licor 43 and Kahlua. It was very strong an enjoyed.
- The Blood Orange Margarita. Wonderful.
- "Fire and Ice" seviche with tuna. Wonderful. Tastes just like its name. An explosion of wonderful, complementary flavors and temperatures.
- Sweet Potato seviche with salmon. Wonderful. Scooped up with sweet potato crisps.
- Avocado and Crabmeat Tian. Perhaps not enough crab, but delicious.
- Crabcake Chile Relleno. Perhaps a bit over-fried. Could have used a bit more queso sauce. Rice/bean mix could have had more seasoning. However, still a tasty dish.
- Short Ribs: Delicious
- Sopapillas w. three kinds of gelato. Wonderful. Could have used a couple more sopapillas (they are small and light).

Service was friendly, attentive and helpful. Atmosphere is casual and a bit noisy. Not a big place, so reservations recommended.

If I could afford it, I would eat here often. This was one of the tastiest meals that I can remember having in a while.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This place has a fun high energy feel to it and has an original, health conscious menu.
I went with a friend and shared tapas--avocado & crab (essentially guacamole w/ crab, which was great) served w/ tortilla chips, bistec (beef, caramelized onion, mushroom served on flatbread), ahi tuna sushi, chipotle ceviche (tuna w/ cilantro, tomato, chipotle served with dried plantains). These were all fantastic, with the exception of the sushi, which was so-so. The service was great, staff very friendly and we had a wonderful time at this fun little spot! The price was reasonable and appropriate for this type of food in this locale.