Talara is a bit too pricey for us to be a regular customers. In fact, both times we have eaten there we used a Travelzoo promotion. Last night I had some of the following:
- The Harbor Eastside Cocktail, made with Rye, Licor 43 and Kahlua. It was very strong an enjoyed.
- The Blood Orange Margarita. Wonderful.
- "Fire and Ice" seviche with tuna. Wonderful. Tastes just like its name. An explosion of wonderful, complementary flavors and temperatures.
- Sweet Potato seviche with salmon. Wonderful. Scooped up with sweet potato crisps.
- Avocado and Crabmeat Tian. Perhaps not enough crab, but delicious.
- Crabcake Chile Relleno. Perhaps a bit over-fried. Could have used a bit more queso sauce. Rice/bean mix could have had more seasoning. However, still a tasty dish.
- Short Ribs: Delicious
- Sopapillas w. three kinds of gelato. Wonderful. Could have used a couple more sopapillas (they are small and light).
Service was friendly, attentive and helpful. Atmosphere is casual and a bit noisy. Not a big place, so reservations recommended.
If I could afford it, I would eat here often. This was one of the tastiest meals that I can remember having in a while.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.