“Fun and Fresh”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Fleet Street & President Street
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Loved the cocktails and the menu. There were four of us and we couldn't decide who had the better entree! Delicious. Ebony the manager was so friendly and helpful we were tempted to invite her to join us.
There was nothing we didn't like!

1  Thank scooby19

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were visiting Inner Harbor in Baltimore and had previously purchased a Travelzoo voucher for dinner at Talara's. After making our reservation, we took the FREE bus to Presidents St and located the restaurant. We were seated quickly and promptly met our waiter, Jim, who made suggestions for different cocktails. The menu selection was amazing with many unfamiliar items listed. Jim was very happy to explain what each menu item contained. We ordered two appetizers, one was a three part seviche with six raw seafood choices and six cooked seafood options. We chose the Fire and Ice with oysters; Asian Tartare with raw tuna; Avocado with corn and cooked shrimp...all wonderful. We also ordered the Cuban sushi roll, six pieces that were delicious.
Our entrees were shrimp with grits, delicious, and the strip steak, which I ordered medium rare.
The steak was well done and the manager, Jason, quickly returned the dish to the kitchen. Jason and Jim were extremely apologetic and anxious to make sure everything was perfect. My steak came back exactly medium rare with sides to make anyone happy.
Fabulous service, amazing food, wonderful restaurant!! We will definitely return to Talara on our next visit. In fact it was so good, we may return JUST to dine at Talara's!

2  Thank Karen B
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Co-workers and I went to Talara for happy hour today. Valet was easy ($8), atmosphere was classy, food was tasty, and service by our waiter, Jordan, was great. It was a great time had by all. We'll be going back again soon.

3  Thank cabtrin
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Wow, Talara has the best ceviche. All sorts of choices and tons of seafood options.

Make sure you ask for Nora, as some of the other servers can leave something to be desired!

Whatever you do, don't bother to valet at the Hilton. The valets are unattentive, rude an incredibly slow. I highly recommend the four seasons. Their valets are amazing and it's only a 3 min walk. Same price!

3  Thank eatingcharmcity
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My friend and I went to Talara for a Baltimore Restaurant Week girls night. The daily mojito (blackberry something) was to die for!!!! We aren't huge fans of seviche but we LOVED the fire and ice crab seviche! The asian tuna tartare was so delicious. The crab relleno was amazing and I don't even really like peppers but I LOVED it. The carne asada steak was cooked perfectly and the mashed potatoes that came with it were honestly THE BEST mashed potatoes I have ever had! The service was fantastic and the atmosphere was fun. Great place!

3  Thank Kelly C