“Indifferent at best”

Neighborhood: Inner Harbor
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Indifferent at best”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I came to Baltimore on vacation and my dad was really excited to take me to this restaurant because he is friends with a friend of the owner, and I am vegetarian and they specialize in organic and vegan food. So I was really looking forward to it. Boy was this place a let down.
We went for lunch on a wednesday and there was only one other diner. I was dismayed to see that there were not a lot of options on the menu for vegetarians--it was either vegan all the way or meat. I opted for a panini that would normally have been served with meat, without the meat. I knew something was not going right from the start. Our waitress didn't write the order down, and didn't seem super confident. After a long wait, I had to prompt her to bring my dad his black coffee (which was not like, made fresh from an espresso bar or something to explaint he wait, it was just poured out of a caraf and although it was tasty it was none too hot). She then came back to tell me that the smoothy that I had ordered (one of the three that were on the menu) wasn't available because they did not have any strawberries. I thought that a major attraction of the restaurant was the organic smoothies so I said--just make me whatever you can. We waited and waited and when the food finally came--my sandwich was ONLY meat, not hold the meat. No appologies (which after messing up the coffee and not having a main menu item shoudl have been expected) instead she came back to tell me that the sandwich didn't have procuitto on it. I said look, I ordered this panini without the procuitto which should result in a vegtable and cheese sandwich, and she left again without any appologies. I saw the owner and a chef and the waitress have a long discussion about all of this. Meanwhile my father got on with his lunch while I still had no drink or food. The restaurant was at this point empty except for the two of us, and there were two serving staff in addition to my waitress, the owner and the chef. There was, what seemed like, a lot of milling aorund considering the quality and speed of the service. finally the sandwich and smoothie arrive ! and the food was good. But at this point I was pretty irritated. I was a waitress myself, and that means I expect more professional and friendly service when I go out--because I know it is not hard to smile and appologise when things go wrong. Finally we also had to ask for the bill, as she never came back to sheck on us. And then the credit card machine was not working. at this point i was like--this place is a joke. My dad, who had met the owner when he ate there before with a mututal friend, tried to make small talk with the owner, about how good the food had been, and about how he had bene having a rough day today too. Stuff like, sometimes these things happen. All in all, we were fairly friendly and forgiving customers given the fact that everything seemed to be goign wrong. But the owner seemed to be unable to care less that we were there and had a horrible time in her place. Granted it looked like she was busy--but she seemed almost unable to make eye contact with us. Nothing was so bad that a quick joke and a friendly smile would not have remedied the situation. we were rooting for her! If I had worked for her I would have been horrified by the whole incident. I would have given us some of the food for free, and I would have appologised profusely and invited us back to try again when the credit card machine wasn't broken. As it was, what we thought would have been a quick delicious lunch took two hours and was frought with dissapointment. To top it off, when we were trying to pay the waitress still couldn't remember the four things we had ordered. She needs to get a pad and pen and write it down until she gets more experience. They made my dad write his card details on a receipt and said they would put the charge through later--which seemed un-safe to me. Unprofessional, I would not reccomend eating here.

Arlington, Virginia
“Try McDonald's instead”
Reviewed December 14, 2010

We were the only 2 people there, yet service was slow and the food was cold. Why?!? Dessert was ok. This place should be so much better, given its location. If I want mediocre food, I'll take myself to McDonald's. At least its hot and fast.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Private party with pizzazz at Pizzazz”
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I had a private party for 65 for my husband's birthday and everything from the food to the decorations and the incredible accommodating service by the owner and her staff was fabulous. Everyone is still raving about the party. Plus, it's great to have a place where you can eat healthy organic food that tastes good. I highly recommend Pizzazz Tuscan Grille. And the location is fantastic too!

Baltimore, Maryland
“best place in baltimore”
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Pizzazz is my favorite restaurant in baltimore, hands down. I love vegetarian, vegan, organic, and raw food, and pizzazz has the best options in town, for all of those. Whether it is a green juice, a smoothie, gluten- and dairy-free pizza, or desserts, food is always great. Also has the best view in town, with a beautiful out-door deck overlooking the entire inner harbor, it is the best place to dine outside (with a tent for the cool nights). Although excellent fresh food can be slow to prepare, if I am ever in a rush, a slice of pizza or some other amazing snacks are readily available, and far better than any fast food restaurant could ever do! Now, if they would only open one up everywhere....

“TERRIBLE Service”
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Had dinner there tonight. Got there are at 5:45. Food came at 7:10. We were the first dinner customers. Had to wait over 15 minutes just for menus. Repeateldy had the remind the server about the things he forgot to bring. Server came twice and said the food was ready and was about to come out. Actually came 20 minutes after the 2nd time he said that. Complained to the owner before leaving and all she focused on was excuses (e.g. being understaffed) instead of focusing on doing the right thing for the customer. I would never go back given the owner's poor attitude. BTW, every item we ordered had some issue with it and most of us left hungry rather than eat the food.