“Tropical Paradise”

Woody's Rum Bar & Island Grill
Ranked #433 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Bar, American, Caribbean, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cockeysville, Maryland
“Tropical Paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Woody's menus has something for everyone including some pretty adventurous menu options. the view from the glassed in 3 rd floor dining and lounge is water front and is probably the best view in Fells. The island the and decor creates an enjoyable dining experience and a fun and full social screen for cocktails with friends

• Visited October 2012

NJ
“adorable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

This place is nothing to look at; in some respects it reminded me of the actual Caribbean because of the mismatched plastic chairs & the table tops set atop old 50 gallon drums painted with palm fronds. It was so . . . kitchy, . . . contrived, . . . unpretentious, . . . . I don’t know what the right word is . . . but it was fun & it worked. It must be a blast in the summer. If we lived closer, I know we’d be taking advantage of the weekday specials.

The idea that you have to go through Slainte to get here & the option for “something” different in terms of cuisine intrigued us. Honestly if I hadn’t read the add in the Baltimore tourist guide I grabbed at the rest area in Delaware we never would have found this hidden gem. The food was tasty & cheap but the portions are on the small side. I had enough to eat but somebody with a larger appetite might not be satisfied with just an entrée.

My ciaprianna tasted a bit watered down but I was glad I could bring it downstairs when we went to the Irish pub after dinner. My husband was disappointed that he couldn’t get a Guinness upstairs; but we’ll know to grab him one on the way up next time.

• Visited October 2012
Hendersonville
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stopped in on Sunday evening and enjoyed the Mojitos and nachos special. Great location with a great view of the water and surrounding area.

Visited August 2012
Hagerstown, md
“drinks with a view!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

shame it is not a little bigger. but the drinks are good and the tuna sandwich is great. nice place to hang out, enjoy the scenery, and just relax. alot of steps!!!

• Visited August 2012
“fun in evenings!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Tropical drinks (cheap rum's though) but tasty! Fried pub food was ok but over-fried. It can get HOT and humid up there. A cool evening is nice with the view of drunken Fell's dwellers.

Visited June 2012