“Classry Indian restaurant, tried buffet, can't wait to try the regular menu”
Review of Indigma

Indigma
Ranked #325 of 2,035 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mount Vernon
Cross street: E. MADISON STREET
Transit: Popular, new & free 'Circulator' Bus. Frequent (every ten minutes) from Inner Harbor, and other major points on main streets, of downtown Baltimore city. Stops at 2-minute walk to Indigma.
Ringoes, New Jersey
“Classry Indian restaurant, tried buffet, can't wait to try the regular menu”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The combination of a great setting, good food and service, and reasonable prices makes this a gem of a place.
Very classy and comfortable setting in an airy townhouse with high ceiling. Tables are spaced well apart with white table cloth. The buffet is placed in a separate room.
Lunch buffet is $14 on weekend. Not as extensive as other places, but offers a nice selection. Salad section has several items, and they use nice mixed greens for one of the salads, rather than simply iceberg or romaine lettuce. A couple of simple appetizers. The are at least 12 choices for entree, about one third meats, including the standard tandoori chicken, plus spicy shrimp, and to my delight, goat. The other two thirds are vegetarian dishes, including mixed veggies (cauliflower, squash, pepper) sauteed in spices. The selections are clearly labeled as gluten-free and vegetarian. Dessert is limited. The naan is better than average and not greasy.
I cannot wait to come back to try the regular menu, which is very extensive. They have a good selection of wines and beers. The wine selection seems well suited to Indian food, including varietals such as moscato and gewurtztraminer.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank CannotEatPrestige

Estero, Florida
“Wonderful !!!!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Delicious Indian food, wonderful wait staff and romantic atmosphere. Highly recommend You take the walking tour of the neighborhood. We found the brochure at our hotel.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Linda S
Los Angeles, California
“You will love the place”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I went to the buffet lunch, great food great taste, not expensive. Good varieties. Very clean. I live they have a cloth napkins not like cheap places. Silver wear not plastic. It's a real experience for a fine Indian dining with low budget.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Columbous
Omaha, Nebraska
“Thali - was SMOKIN!!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My business partner (who grew-up in Northern India) and myself (New Jersian, US) decided to stop by and try out this Indian restaurant in Baltimore, MD. At first, my Indian traveling companion was a little skeptical about the Northern Indian recipes and how they would turn out. His wife is an excellent Indian cook and grew-up eating it... So, we decided to go with the Thali plate which is a giant plate of samples in individual bowls offering a variety of Indian food either in a vegetarian or non-vegetarian style. We both went with the non-vegetarian. And, we both received 8 bowls of Northern Indian food and plenty of dipping bread - Naan. Naan was fresh every time we ordered it. My traveling companion was impressed to say the least. He advised me that this was in the top 10 of Indian restaurants/foods he has tasted in America. Believe me... He is picky on his Northern Indian food - taste, consistency, and presentation. Me, I thought it was the best Indian food I have ever tasted since I have never tasted his wives food.

Atmosphere, is open and airy at Indigma, and the staff is top notch and honest. I accidentally left my sun glasses and the waiter ran me down a block away to give them back to me.

Would definitely go back and visit anytime.

Thanks for the excellent service and food, Indigma!

Mattg

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank carbyne
Harrisville, Michigan
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My son and and wandered into Indigma for lunch on a sweltering afternoon. What a fortunate day! Situated in a beautiful mansion, formerly a senator's home in the 1800's, it was like walking into another century. We enjoyed the daily luncheon buffet of familiar and not-so, delicious East Indian fare. It is well-labeled, appreciated by my amateur palate. The waiter was friendly, very helpful but not overwhelming. This place is a delight!

• Visited July 2013