“Centrally located, good-looking AND green!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #33 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Centrally located, good-looking AND green!”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Service was warm, free 24-7 coffee was hot, and this hotel was cool!
Green is the theme inside, whether it be the leaf print in the well-lit bathroom, the mesmerizing trellis-patterned carpeting or the LEED-certified renovation of a brewery that is the hotel itself. Reclaimed wood, industrial fixtures & warm original brick archways lend earthy elegance.
Quick walk to harbor or Fells means this is a prime location in downtown B'more, steps from the intersection of President & Pratt. Easy auto access to Hampden & points north as well as in & out of town.
Hotel bar Tavern 101 offers access to hotel from President Street. Not much ambience but courteous staff, and be sure to try the local nonprofit Taharka Brothers ice cream, especially the Salted Caramel!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jillypgh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Excellent location for our "girls getaway" since we arrived and departed by train. We were able to walk to almost everything we wanted to see. If not walking, the taxi and shuttle services were great! We would leave the hotel by ten am to do our sightseeing and shopping and by five pm, we were ready for the wonderful 101 Tavern, a glass of wine and the beautiful courtyard with the fire pit. That became our gathering place each day. Hotel was as "clean as a pin" and all of the hotel staff was so attractive and professional. May we mention Katy who helped us especially with museum and restaurant suggestions and Jackie at the 101 Tavern who provided our last lunch before we left for our train trip home. May we say that her menu had delicious choices which she created! We loved every minute of our stay with y'all!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Excellent hotel. Very good location and was impressed that a Fairfield could be so cool. Everything is seemed to be new.
One negative: $28 for parking.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank rohrmoser
Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn with my nephews. The hotel was within walking distance of the Aquarium and the inner harbor. The rooms were comfortable and a good size. I found the staff to be very helpful. Having the complimentary breakfast was great with the kids, there was something for everyone and really helped to keep the cost down.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Our family of four really enjoyed this hotel. The property was not much to look at from the outside, but inside it wasquite attractive. Brick walls in the lobby were a bit dark but whimsical furnishings, flooring and art made the atmosphere fun and unique. As an eco-hotel, there's an emphasis on recycling, "green" products, etc, though I can't say that it was really evident during breakfast.The courtyard was very comfortable to use with an interesting water feature. There is no pool, and there's a tavern attached to the lobby, so it's a bit more "grown up" perhaps than some Fairfield Inns, but the location is perfect for families visiting the Inner Harbor, National Aquarium, Little Italy, etc... Valet parking was about $28/day but we parked on the street one block behind the hotel in an area where the residents had no garages and parked on the street. It seemed fairly safe and the car was fine.
The desk staff was not super knowledgable but always tried to be helpful. I found it easier to use the internet to find direction, but the computers were conveniently only a few feet away from the front desk. There was also free wifi in the rooms.
At check in, I was informed that due to fire code, no rollaway was possible with the 2Q room, despite having reserved this hotel on the Marriott website months earlier and indicating a desire for a rollaway. Since I have teens of different genders, we really have to have a 3rd bed. The clerk worked with me to find a solution, first offering me a different type of room at a much higher price and then, when I expressed my disappointment in the additional costs, looked to find a handicapped room with 2 Qs and asked if we would be okay with it. Turns out this room was huge and had plenty of room for a rollaway. We were very comfortable. There was some noise in the hall which we could hear in the room and at one point, someone was running around up a floor from us and it was fairly loud, but we didn't hear the folks next door.
The breakfast was definitely a step below the Residence Inns we'd been staying at. There was cereal, yogurt, instant oatmeal, some refrigerated prepared fruit, small (but tasty) muffins, the ubiquitous make-your-own waffle maker, and pre=packaged, refrigerated breakfast items (one was allegedly a pig in a blanket on a stick, but looked like a corn dog and the other was an awful "quiche"). Also toast, juice, bananas, etc.. But the coffee was the best we had on our trip and made up for alot with us! Disposable everything--plates, cups, glasses, etc,. However, the room was clean and had lots of different seating options; again we found it very comfortable.
The only facilities issue I had was that there was only one elevator and no staircase we could find to the lobby (it went outside). The hotel did feel really secure because of that but the waits at the elevator could get a little long.
I would stay here again without hesitation. The price was right and it was super comfortable and convenient. While not upscale, it was modern and well furnished and just unique enough to really fit into to the renovated Inner Harbor/Little Italy neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Upstate New York
Reviewed September 1, 2010

My husband & I along with 2 teenagers stayed here. The King Suite was nice and very clean. Hotel staff were pleasant. Continental breakfast was great. Not too awfully long a walk to the Inner Harbor if you're ambitious, but is on the free busline if you're not inclined to get exercise. My only complaint was that I had to pay $58 for two nights of their valay parking, only to walk around the back of the hotel and find my car parked out there on a street curb.
I'd definitely stay at that location again, but I'd park my own car.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Abingdon, Maryland
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We checked in and went up to our room and every seemed fine. The lobby smelled a bit funny, but the room seemed nice... until I went to take a shower. The shower had hair all over the walls and sides of the tub. It was pretty obvious that no one had taken the time to even peek in there, because I was able to get most of it down the drain just by rinsing it down. I did not have time to call to have the maid service come up to clean it and stil be ready for dinner in time so I made do, but it was pretty gross. Just going for one night I did not bring my own shampoo and conditioner. The bottles by the sink looked half used and had soap sud remenants on them. When we left for dinner and were waiting for the elevator we noticed that the carpets in the hallway were remarkably dirty as well.

We returned back we went up and noticed the amount of noise that was present in the room. Staying in the heart of the city you will of course have noise, but it was as if the windows were open it was so loud. We went to sleep around midnight and were woken up at around 3 in the morning by a VERY loud group of people who kept us up on and off for about an hour. The walls are so thin you could hear someone blowing their nose next door, let along this group of screaming drunk people. Not the hotels fault, but the noise levels were crazy.

Breakfast left much to be desired. I was shocked for a "green" hotel how many microwaves they had people use. Everything was frozen and you had to individually microwave your food if you wanted a hot breakfast. It didn't seem very environmentally sound...

On an up note, every employee we encountered from the from desk staff, to the valets, to the bartender were wonderfully helpful and friendly. It was the best part of the stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple