“Great Hotel...Parking rip off.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #35 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Upstate New York
“Great Hotel...Parking rip off.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

My husband & I along with 2 teenagers stayed here. The King Suite was nice and very clean. Hotel staff were pleasant. Continental breakfast was great. Not too awfully long a walk to the Inner Harbor if you're ambitious, but is on the free busline if you're not inclined to get exercise. My only complaint was that I had to pay $58 for two nights of their valay parking, only to walk around the back of the hotel and find my car parked out there on a street curb.
I'd definitely stay at that location again, but I'd park my own car.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Abingdon, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

We checked in and went up to our room and every seemed fine. The lobby smelled a bit funny, but the room seemed nice... until I went to take a shower. The shower had hair all over the walls and sides of the tub. It was pretty obvious that no one had taken the time to even peek in there, because I was able to get most of it down the drain just by rinsing it down. I did not have time to call to have the maid service come up to clean it and stil be ready for dinner in time so I made do, but it was pretty gross. Just going for one night I did not bring my own shampoo and conditioner. The bottles by the sink looked half used and had soap sud remenants on them. When we left for dinner and were waiting for the elevator we noticed that the carpets in the hallway were remarkably dirty as well.

We returned back we went up and noticed the amount of noise that was present in the room. Staying in the heart of the city you will of course have noise, but it was as if the windows were open it was so loud. We went to sleep around midnight and were woken up at around 3 in the morning by a VERY loud group of people who kept us up on and off for about an hour. The walls are so thin you could hear someone blowing their nose next door, let along this group of screaming drunk people. Not the hotels fault, but the noise levels were crazy.

Breakfast left much to be desired. I was shocked for a "green" hotel how many microwaves they had people use. Everything was frozen and you had to individually microwave your food if you wanted a hot breakfast. It didn't seem very environmentally sound...

On an up note, every employee we encountered from the from desk staff, to the valets, to the bartender were wonderfully helpful and friendly. It was the best part of the stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TUMaggieMay
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

Very reasonably priced. Stayed on a Monday night and got the rate of $199 which included valet parking and continental breakfast for a party of 4. The hotel was very modern and the rooms were spotless. The front desk staff and valets were courteous and helpful. The location was perfect -- just a few blocks from the Aquarium and Little Italy. Had an amazing meal at Miss Shirley's. The strawberry lemonade was the best I ever had and the sweet potato fries were yummy! I would definitely come back here again. Great value for the money!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

my huband & i stayed there for our honeymoon" the weekend was great, the breafast was fresh, hot,& on time after a night of parting with family & friends. the staff was very pleasent & respectable. I willbe returning each year in" March" . Looking for that sweet hospitelity that we recieved this year , also it's a "GO GREEN HOTEL". Come see for yourself you will be please .

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

i went with my husband and mother in law july 4th weekend.. the staff was for the king bed suite so nice . we got there at 12pm and they let us check in three hours earlyl. great location. ten minute walk to the harbor five to little italy. i missed breakfast (slept late) the staff made up a plate for me despite my polite protests. valet service is pricey but vey hospitable- asked us if we needed any directions every time we got in the car. rooms clean. nothing fancy. we got the suite since mom in law with us. the only drawback was that i wish there was more of a seperation between the rooms. But will go again without her. cant beat the price. paid 150 on priceline fairfield 800 number wanted ten dollars more than priceline. overall a great place to stay for the money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank quinnny
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

Spent 2 nights here in late June 2010 and would stay again. The front lobby is upscale and inviting. Friendly, helpful staff made the check-in a breeze. Decor is more like a full-scale Marriott rather than their Fairfield line of hotels. Room was clean and fresh - no cleaning spray odors. We had a room on the second floor facing the street. A bit of street noise since the traffic light was right outside the hotel. (I'll ask for an "inside" room next time). Street traffic did quite down after 11 p.m.

Park around the corner at the Dodge Garage and save a few $$. Walking was very close to the Harbor and allowed us to see the area. Take advantage of the happy hour at the bar and enjoy the food and special prices. Overall a great deal and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BandCSwans
Princeton, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

I stayed here recently for a weekend with 5 friends. While we were impressed by its location (less than 10 minutes to the inner harbor, less than 5 to Little Italy), the staff was less than impressive. They were really irritated by simple questions like "What time is breakfast over?". Breakfast was poorly staffed and chaotic. There was a lot of eye rolling and grumbling by throughout the check in/check out process. Parking was VERY expensive - $28 per night, and there was a tiny parking lot, so I would imagine that it could get filled up pretty quickly during peak seasons. We just parked at one of the garages across the street which was "only" $18 per night. The location was so great, that I would stay there again (and recommend it to others), but don't expect anyone to go out of their way for you.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends