Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #33 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Plainview, New York
“Perfect!”
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore as it was the least expensive decent hotel I could find. in a good location. I was a little leery, but was so pleasantly surprised. The hotel is a couple blocks from the Harbor, great location, able to walk to Little Italy and East Harbor also which was nice. The hotel looks a little more like a boutique hotel, but bigger. The lobby was nice: a little funky, dark colors. The room was clean, nice size, with a very large Flat screen tv, which we enjoyed. Breakfast was included, in a nicer than usual "great room". The staff were helpful and friendly, (they even found my lost glasses and told us that the restaurant "Rusty Scupper" had a shuttle and could pick us up for free" which was great!) Only negative is that you have to pay for valet parking, but that is true of every hotel around the inner harbor, due to lack of space. There is also another free shuttle, a block away on the Charm City Bus that can take you around parts of Baltimore. The orange line operates now, near the hotel, and they are adding other lines. Great location, great hotel, would definitely return. (no pool)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 28, 2010

This is a nice hotel clean, new, nice rooms. It ends there. They have a very unfriendly unattentive staff. I was very surprised since I"m a Marriott Platinum member and I never get this type of response at any Marriott properties. I can only imagine what it's like for others that stay here. If you're ok with clean and decent rooms with an unhelpful and rude staff then you probably won't mind.

1 Thank mcat3
Delaware
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Travelled with my husband and 2 children (ages 5 & 2 1/2). Hotel was short walk to inner harbor attractions, staff was friendly, free continental breakfast was great. No pool but great outdoor courtyard area. For the person that posted that there were only sheer drapes...not true. Behind the sheer drapes were the blackout curtains. Room wasn't oversized but clean and very comfortable. Price was just right for our family. Would stay here again.

richmond
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for one night, the baltimore aquarium package. Check in was at 3pm but the hotel was able to work around our schedule and let us check in at 12noon. Staff was very friendly over the phone and in person. Valet parking was a bit steep, $28, but well worth it in the long run, valet is open 24hrs and staff was friendly. Room was a bit small but we didn't mind considering the room temp was controlled by a touch screen panel and the room had an HD/LCD flat screen tv, king bed was SO comfy, really great deal for this room considering we only paid $139 for the package. Wish we could have stayed longer than one night! Oh one more thing, Free Wireless Internet!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chi-moo
Bellmore NY
Reviewed February 20, 2010

My stay in Baltimore Harbor's Fairfield Inn and Suites was centered around an invitation to a reception a ballroom conveniently located across the street. The bed was very comfortable, the staff was very helpful, and the valet parking convenient (albeit $28). The only flaw was in the shower's water pressure which was adaquate at best.
While heading home back to NY, I noticed that my prescription sunglasses were missing. I called the hotel, who, then, informed me that they found my sunglasses, then promptly mailed them to me.
Futhermore, I had paid $28 in cash for valet parking. Upon checking the receipt the following day, I noticed that the valet charge had been paid on my credit card as well. I called the hotel to inform them of my double-payment and their erronious billing. They promised to get back to me after they check their receipts. They resolved this situation soon after by replenishing in my credit account the $28 in question.
I was very happy with this hotel visit both during and after my stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HarveyBellmoreNY
Edgartown, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 16, 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel for two nights for a family affair. It was absolutely spotless, comfortable, and convenient to the Inner Harbor. The staff could not have been more accommodating. The hotel was completely full but we were able to have their complimentary breakfast without issue. Parking was $27 per day but the AAA rate for the hotel was $94.00. We walked to the Inner Harbor and when we needed our car - we called down to the parking folks and it was ready for us in 10 minutes. After a tough day spent at a funeral, we were able to relax in the pub attached to the hotel for a glass of wine before bed. The hotel had a small but adequate exercise room but no pool. We did not use the outdoor patio because Baltimore had waist deep snow but the outdoor fireplace looked charming. A great place staffed with hard working people. Free wireless and printing!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank VineyardKathy
Atlanta,GA
Reviewed January 21, 2010

The room I had reserved was not available, so I was upgraded to a suite for the night - wonderful. Everything was clean, the staff were friendly, the hotel was quiet, and I was happy.....

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank madubo
Travelers also viewed these Baltimore hotels
Little Italy
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
Downtown
Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Little Italy
Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!