“Great location. Clean new rooms. ”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #32 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The location is great! Right beside Little Italy and within walking distance to Inner Harbor and Fell's Point area. The hotel just opened recently (maybe within the past year) so the rooms and bathrooms feel new and sparkling clean and not worn out and are all well designed with many modern touches. The building itself is a nice historical brick building that's been refurbished and renovated. The breakfast has all the basic items but don't expect made to order or luxury breakfast. The hotel has all the basic amenities and service and staff are great. The only drawbacks are 1) it does not have an indoor pool and 2) parking is on the street (at your own risk) so park across at Harbor Parking (covered parking) for $18 a day. That's why I can't give this hotel the full five stars. But otherwise, this particular hotel is a notch above other Fairfield Inns or hotels in the same league and exceeded my expectations.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank NewYorkWorldExplorer

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel is world class.I am so thankful and how did they manage to hire so many really good people?This hotel had he best of what Baltimore is about.Thank you all.Thank you wyatt for the world class treatment.

Room Tip: Call and ask for wyatt.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because my sister was getting married at the 1840's ballroom across the street. We arrived on a Saturday, around 1:30 PM, and even though it is clearly stated that check in is not until 4PM, the general manager had us in a room by 2PM to accommodate my less than patient children. My parents were also waiting for a room, not only did the GM get them into a room early, he upgraded them to a suite just because...my parents couldn't have been happier. Everyone from the front desk staff to house keeping to management were very pleasant, always greeting everyone and asking if there was anything we needed. Overall I could not have asked for a better hotel experience with my family!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here 1 night on our way through Baltimore. Very good hotel for an overnight stay. nice, clean rooms. Lobby area looked new. Wish they had better self parking. Had to use overnight valet. we got there around 7:30 and walked down the the inner harbor from the hotel for dinner. Not a bad walk. Overall good value for the location. Would stay here again.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

the "free" parking had been explained on booking that it was on street if available and at your own risk.
... on Monday morning there was actually food available for a complimentary breakfast that was included.
... upon checkout, I was presented with the bill amount that would show up on my credit card later.
...I wasn't surprised with unauthorized charges on my credit card bill.
...the hotel manager would have called me back when I called to discuss the unauthorized charges.
...the hotel's charge on my credit card matched what I was charged from the hotel booking service that I used.
...this could have been resolved in April when the offense took place.
...the hotel had not charged me for something that was prepaid through a booking service.
...this didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth so that I felt I had to write this review.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TakenAback2014
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. I would love to touch base with you regarding the issues that you experienced while you were here to ensure that other guests do not have a similar problem. I would like to make sure that you have been properly credited for any incorrect charges and I would also like to know where you read that we offered free parking. To my knowledge, we do not offer a free parking option to guests, because we are strictly valet at the hotel. I want to make sure that there isn't an incorrect posting somewhere. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything that I can do.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Yours in Hospitality,
Ellen Mullings
ellen.mullings@fairfieldinnbaltimore.com

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were able to walk to the inner harbor and all it's activites. Little Italy is only a couple blocks away. You can end your evening at Vaccaro's for gelto and pastries. Baltimore has a free bus that has a stop just out the door, it took us close to the baseball game. The staff was friendly and the room was very clean and quiet. The court yard was relaxing. The only negative, we had a king suite and our teenager used the pull out sofa and the matress was terrible. Would stay again. (the walk is doable with so much to stop and see didn't notice how far we were able to walk)

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I must say I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at this hotel. Its a very unique hotel for a Marriott brand. Great exposed brick building and the hotel seems brand new (or recent renovation). Staff was very friendly and attentive. Solid location as well. A quick walk to the inner harbor. Rooms were clean and updated. I definitely recommend this hotel if visiting Baltimore!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Baltimore hotels
Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection
Little Italy
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor
Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!