“Beautiful Hotel and Excellent Location! ”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #32 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

This was a great stay! It is very easy to access being right on the end of interstate 83. The staff was very friendly and outgoing from the moment I arrived. The rooms were very spacious and clean! Free internet is also a plus! The only negative thing I have to say about this hotel was the lack of parking and valet parking costs $30!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jatracy3

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Hi all,
Believe it or not I have never posted any review of anything online in my life - but this terrible experience makes me want to rant - and to be sure this hotel loses some business as a result of their disgusting business practices.

I've come across bad service in my life, but nothing compares to this. THIS HOTEL CANCELLED MY RESERVATION WITHOUT ANY REASON AND REFUSED TO FIND ME ANOTHER ONE IN THE SAME AREA!! UGH!

I cannot even begin to tell you how much these people screwed with me. Saying that they'd call me back - right. Saying they'd find me a hotel replacement. Nope.
This hotel is TERRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBLE!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for your review. I want to first apologize sincerely for the inconvenience that you incurred. There was a problem with our reservation system which allowed the system to overbook us by several rooms this coming weekend. Unfortunately, there is a citywide convention in town and we were unable to locate rooms in downtown. However, we have secured rooms for all of our reservations that we were unable to accommodate at one of our sister properties close to BWI. This information should have been given to you by the third-party that you booked your room through. If you still need accommodations please contact me so that I can assist or if there is anything else I can do. I look forward to hearing from you!

Yours in Hospitality,
Ellen Mullings
443.392.9155
ellen.mullings@fairfieldinnbaltimore.com

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here overnight as a Marriot Rewards night. Great location approx 2-3 blocks from the Aquarium, lots of entertainment, shopping, dining and the Inner Harbor. Customer service was great, hotel was quite. Beds were to soft, but that may be a personal preference. Two complaints, I noticed that the bed skirt was dirty as my 6 year old was lifting it (Ewwwww) and they restaurant is nothing special, cheap unspectacular food. If not for the bed skirt and restaurant it would be a perfect rating for the type of hotel it is. Not five star but fairly clean, comfortbale nad well located.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I am really surprised this hotel does not have higher ratings. I stayed for two nights in October 2013 for a weekend trip and I thought this place was reasonably priced, the rooms were very nice, complete with all the "mod. cons" (large flat screen, free wi-fi, etc.), a nice bar, a large breakfast room, really all the things you would expect from a Marriott brand hotel.

I have one complaint though, but it did not effect my overall rating obviously. I arrived here late, around 930, I was starving after my train ride down. When I checked in the woman at the desk told me about the food services there including the bar which served some food and that they did have room service until 11. So I figured I still had some time to get settled before ordering food. When I was ready, I called down the desk to request a menu (the one that was supposed to be in my room was missing) the same woman told me food services had ceased for the night. She probably just misspoke earlier. I was a little ticked off about and ended up ordering a pizza. Whatever, not that big of a deal, it was probably better, maybe saved myself some money! To me this was pretty minor incident because I have stayed at Fairfields before and do not expect them to even have food in the first place. Additionally my experience I was so good otherwise I cannot say that I am that irritated in hindsight.

This hotel is in the Inner Harbor section, albeit not exactly on the main drag, but its only about a 10 minute walk so staying here will save you a little money without being in some dodgy part of the city. The staff at this hotel was exceptional (aside from the food mistake), especially considering Fairfield is the lower end of hotels in the Marriott family. Being that I took the train down I relied on cabs and the valets (who were all very polite in true Maryland fashion) were very helpful and personally called the nearby cab company for you.

Again I have no problem giving this place 5 stars. It is a great location, great value with a nice staff. If going back to the Inner Harbor I would certainly check out this place again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here because I was attending a tour of a cruise ship in Baltimore.

The hotel room was comfortable. The food at the restaurant was good. If I would have had more time, I would have went up the street to the numberous options for food.

Shoutout to Charles in the valet. He helped my co worker and I with our parking. The next day, everyone in the valet was very quick about getting our car and keys for us. The woman at the front desk helped us check out very quickly as well.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are pretty similar. I had a corner next to a utility closet on the fourth floor. I...
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Loved this place! Decor was nice with the original brick of the previous factory. One of the nicer Fairfields I have stayed at. Location was great and better priced than the other hotels in the area. Rooms are nicely decorated and very clean. Marriott always has the pleasant scent throughout their establishments. Mattresses are a little more firm than I prefer. Breakfast was included. Will definitely stay here from now on when we visit the Inner Harbor.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Valet very slow with the keys, lackadaisical, poor service. Mattress soft and lumpy, otherwise, an OK place to stay. Best part of the hotel is the restaurant/cafe on site, and proximity to Little Italy. Will not stay there again!