“Excellent Value for the Inner Harbor”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #34 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent Value for the Inner Harbor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor twice, both during the IndyCar races in Baltimore in 2012 and 2013. Given the hotels location, it is an excellent value and by far is the nicest hotel in the Fairfield brand family I've ever stayed at. It is priced a bit high for a Fairfiled but given its outstanding location it is a great value for this sort of event weekend. The hotel has a nice historical vibe and great bar downstairs. The rooms are not opulent, but they are clean and well-appointed. The only real issue I consistently had there was the performance and speed of the elevator. More often than not I took the stairs. Very slow. VERY. Rooms are slightly noisy but given the urban location that is to be expected. Decent breakfast and great staff. If you are looking for an alternative to the big boy hotels in the Inner Harbor, this is a great option.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

My grandson, daughter, and I had to travel to Baltimore for an appointment at Johns Hopkins, to say the least , we were not on vacation. This is a very stressful time for us, and I was so pleased to have received such excellent service. This hotel was clean, the staff was so helpful, from the front desk staff, kitchen staff, taxi service, everyone one was so kind. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in suite, very spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

My fiance and I ventured to Baltimore for a one night stay to head down to the Inner Harbor and Fell's Point. We got into town a little early, but nevertheless, the more than welcoming staff here allowed us to check into our room right away.

From the valet attendant to the front desk staff, we were delighted by the friendly atmosphere that we were greeted with. The hotel itself we were told was built into a structure that was once a local brewery - it had beautiful original brick accents and walls. The room was clean and sufficient to say the least. Nothing too fancy, but for a one night stay we did not plan to be in the room long at all. We got great recommendations from the valet attendant for a nice dinner, who quickly hailed us an upscale car service for only a few dollars more then a taxi- we went to Sullivan's Steak House, and had a great time! After dinner, we came back to the hotel and enjoyed the once again amazingly friendly staff behind the bar at the hotels sports bar. I honestly wish we remembered the wonderful girls name that was working that night! Truly a pleasant and real down to earth young girl to talk to and we had lots of laughter, especially since guests of a local wedding were also staying at the hotel and had ventured back to the sports bar that evening as well!

Overall, a great experience! My fiance and I agreed that whatever the Fairfield does to train it's staff members in customer service, is certainyl doing something right! We will certainly be staying again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Powder Springs, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed one night on business. Nice little sports bar in the hotel. Convenient downtown/ inner harbor spot. Not easy to get in and out of with a car, but it was a minor inconvenience.
$30 for parking valet. No self parking. Bed was extremely comfortable. nice, bigger "suite" room.
Decent free breakfast - hot and cold items. Would recommend this and stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

You can walk anywhere from this hotel. The rooms were nice and very comfortable beds and a nice shower. The staff was helpful at the front desk. Breakfast was excellent but the girl working the breakfast constantly yelled at clients for using the wrong utensils in the buffet trays. It was quite funny! The bar was a plus and the food was good. They offer room service but there are no menus in the room. Makes no sense. I pointed that out to the Saturday day bartender - Deshaine? She was quite rude and had no personality. Thank goodness Lee came on and we had JP on Sunday. We spent about 500.00 in the bar.
Overall - great hotel and I am a travel agent so I will recommend. Just need to get rid of the one bartender.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I booked two rooms at this hotel for one night in Baltimore to attend a formal dinner. According to booking.com, the check in time was 3pm. I thought that was late but we showed up and they informed me it wasn't until 4. We arrived at 3:45 and so I knew we'd have to wait fifteen minutes but then I learned they were still cleaning the rooms and we wouldn't get into a room until 5pm if we were lucky. I explained we needed to shower and change and be somewhere at 5:30 and they didn't even bother to apologize. No one who tried to check in got a room. The front desk was overflowing with luggage which was not secure. I picked this room based on the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor but afterwards I read reviews on google which showed that my experience with their mismanagement is hardly unique. Additionally, I read about multiple reports of people's things being stolen by housekeeping and the management being less than apologetic. I wish I had read google before booking. Now we are here and stuck, with no idea whether we will make our dinner in time. Do yourself a favor, save yourself the aggravation, STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed September 2013
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I enjoyed my stay, with pleasant surprise that Baltimore police presence and general upgrading of the eastern Inner Harbor area has improved a neighborhood where I would not have wanted to walk just 15 years ago. It's true that President Street is not as vibrant after dark as one might hope. The Office Depot was dark at 8 PM. That stretch of sidewalk needs something more to make it a short and attractive walk into Little Italy from the Fairfield Suites.

The hotel staff were courteous and competent. The hotel and room is pleasant, and certainly good value.

I needed a small tasty dinner. A first appetizer try at the Fairfield Suites Tavern 101 was not satisfactory. I looked for a nearby alternative. Mo's Seafood almost grabbed me on the way to Little Italy, and I considered carryout back to the hotel from their interesting retro menu, but I opted for a within-restaurant dining experience. Caesar's Den is a short (and safe) walk from the hotel, no more than 4-5 minutes into the Little Italy district, and there are other options, but I wanted to re-visit Caesar's Den, where I hadn't been for more than 20 years. At 8 PM I was greeted and served as pleasantly and as quickly as anyone might hope. The traditional Caesar salad (not the plastic tasting standard Caesar dresing) and calamari fritti with excellent bread and butter were exactly what I was seeking, and the service was outstanding. I wish Caesar's Den would make a deal with Tavern 101, and help Tavern 101 turn its sidewalk tables and 1/2 of its sports bar tables into a little Italian bistro. This would save the Fairfield Hotel guests the trouble of leaving the hotel to get a decent restaurant dinner meal. (Tavern 101 is just fine for sports bar fare, but not quite up to what I hope to find in a hotel restaurant. It is what it is. It could be more. On weekends maybe the sports bar motif is a viable option for the hotel residents. During mid-week, 1/2 of the sports bar could be turned into a little Italian bistro catered by one of the nearby restaurants. The hotel could consider the GrubHub and delivery approach. Give its guests a set of options of nearby restaurants that do carryout, and allow them to order from whichever restaurant menu the guest chooses. Then, have the carryout served, restaurant-style, on a table with a white table cloth, with proper flatware and plates. The profit clearly would be in the wine, etc., but that's par for the course. The present approach makes for a fairly empty mid-week customer base that buys a drink or two, maybe an appetizer, but nothing to keep the hotel guest there in the hotel for dinner.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking President St may be noisier than one might like, but I have not complaints. My roo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo