Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvalet parkinggreat locationfront deskpresident streetshot towerwithin walking distancenice hotelport discoveryshort walkchildren's museumfells pointcrab cakesfree breakfastpower plantstayed here for one nightthe breakfast areamake your own waffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights, July 22 and 23, 2013. At 4:30 am, the fire alarm located above our bed woke us up. When it quieted down, 15 minutes later it went off again. This continued for hours. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep that night. It appears that this totally SAFE hotel was being broken into and that set the WATER alarm off. We lost a day on the 23rd just trying to catch up on our lost sleep. We didn't have the maid service do any cleaning as we were trying to rest. We could not wait to check out of the hotel and did so very early on the 24th. In our opinion, the Marriott Rewards points used to pay for not sleeping should be returned to us. Sandra A. DiBella

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SandyCanton_CT
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am so sorry for the problems that occurred with the Fire Alarm during your stay with us. I just wanted to clarify that the hotel was not broken into. The water valve was manipulated from outside of the hotel. At no time were any of our guests or staff in any danger. However, I do know that this was a big inconvenience, and we are very regretful. I can assure you that this is not a typical experience of our guests. I would like to speak with you when you have a moment. Would you mind giving me a call or shooting me an email?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Yours in Hospitality,
Ellen Mullings
ellen.mullings@fairfieldinnbaltimore.com
443.392.9155

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel is in a good location and it is very nice. The value was ok, but I think for the money you can do better. The front desk staff was very nice along with one gentleman at the valet, but the rest of the staff we dealt with was not so friendly. We checked in and had to leave the room pretty quickly for an event. When we arrived back in the room we realized we had one bath towel so I called for more. I prepared a tip and waited for the towels. They arrived promptly and I thanked the gentlemen and I got an “mmmhmm” and he ran off. He was NOT friendly at all. The rest of the staff made no eye contact nor would they make eye contact whatsoever.
The rooms are small and cramped. The mattress was really soft which I personally did not like. The bathroom shower was awful. The water pressure was very poor. The halls are not air conditioned so they were hot. The breakfast was nice because it was included in the price, but the sausage and egg were not great. The sausage was very fatty and greasy.
They have a great courtyard in the hotel which was really nice.
Overall, this hotel is fine and I would stay again, but only at a cheaper price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was my first experience with a Fairfield Inn & Suites and I was impressed. This property looked brand new. It had a great restaurant and a courtyard with a firepit and outdoor seating. I was there with a large group of friends and they were very accommodating. The rooms were clean, comfortable and the bathroom was large. The best part was the the hotel was centrally located and I was able to walk to all the attractions in the Inner Harbor. I also felt that it was safe - I walked back to the hotel by myself in the wee hours of the morning and felt safe.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have stayed at many Fairfield Inns across the US, this was what we expected. The breakfast was average, they advertised "new hot items" which I did not try,rather watery scrambled eggs .
Two out of the four bathroom towels where more like paper towels, very thin and well worn but clean.
It did have a very good location for walking around Baltimore and near great restaurants. Felt very safe for the short time we where there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here on business. Location of the hotel isn't the best & parking is tight. I valeted it for the night & the staff was very friendly. The hotel was very crowded. I had asked to be moved to a higher floor & unfortunately they couldn't accommodate. My room key didn't work initially & the staff moved me to another room a few doors down. Room wasn't bad, not much of a view & the maintenance man had to adjust the A/C.

The gym was decent with ok equipment and could be upgraded.

Overall, the hotel room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful. I would return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business