“Will be staying here again”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #32 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I spent most of Preakness week at this hotel. The people were friendly, the rooms were nice and big, and valet was surprisingly quick.

The negatives were that the internet was so slow it was unusable (next time I'll bring my Verizon device) and the bar/restaurant wasn't run very well so it took a while to get food. I also would like it if the breakfast area had something that you could grab and go for those mornings when a person is running late.

But overall it was a very nice Fairfield Inn, and when I'm back Thanksgiving week I plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback. I shared your review with our team regarding the service that you recieved in the Tavern. I am so sorry that the experience that you had did not meet your expectations. We are also working on an internet solution to update the speed of service that our guest's recieve. This upgrade should be in place in the next couple of weeks.

We look forward to your next stay with us! Thank you again for your review!

Yours in Hospitality,
Ellen Mullings
443.392.9155
ellen.mullings@fairfieldinnbaltimore.com

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed one night at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Baltimore near the Inner Harbor. This hotel is a short walk from the touristy stuff, but just far enough away that it's quiet and not overrun with bus groups. We had a one-bedroom suite which was comfortable, quiet and well appointed. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the stay includes a free breakfast which while basic is well prepared. The only quibble was that the king-sized bed suffered from a mattress that was sagging on the side near the phone. It wasn't bad enough to keep me from sleeping, but it was less comfortable than it should be.

You should be aware that there's a $30 charge for parking at the hotel, which is valet only. There's public parking across the street that's less expensive.

I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: The sports bar on premises seems nice, but I didn't try it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Wayne R
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Everything about this hotel is great! Clean and cozy room. We had an ally for a view. Free breakfast was wonderful. Restaurant/bar on site. Decent priced and decent food. Valet parking for 35.00 a night. No pool but had a nice outdoor area we didn't use in the middle of winter. Location is amazing. Short walk to almost every where you want to be at Inner Harbor.
Negatives: when checking in there is not really room to park and little to no good views

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorelei A
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The parking is $30 overnight. Close enough to walk to the Inner Harbor, but not a short walk. The breakfast was good and the staff was nice. I would pick a different hotel next time, due to parking and proximity to the harbor.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We loved the location and the rooms but had lots of small and annoying problems during our stay. We moved rooms during our stay and were told by the front desk it would be ready by noon but wasn't. The maid knocked several times one morning to clean the room even though we were in that room for another night, then when we got back at 4pm it still wasn't cleaned. I noticed wet and dirty towels thrown on the decorative table by the elevator. Our room had 2 tv's and when I changed the channel on my tv it also changed my husband's tv. My husband went down to the hotel bar and the bartender persuaded him to order a certain wine because it was half off but then at the end of his tab charged him full price. Now I am having a problem getting my Marriott points to post to my account for this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank melorohrer
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a new Fairfield Inn and it is a very good one. It has a much more interesting looking exterior and lobby than most chain hotels (the use of brick is consistent with the neighborhood). It is also LEED certified, which is rare with chain hotels. The manager really seems on top of things and is polite, respectful and efficient. The location is great--very close to the popular Inner Harbor waterfront and within walking distance to the MLB / NFL stadiums (though a long walk).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel is a bit of history as an old brewery and the spot where the 1st American flag was constructed. My husband and I wanted a short vacation to Baltimore & DC. We stayed Thur-Sun The location has just off the inner harbor and right at the edge of Little Italy. (great places to eat) There was so many things to do within walking distance. (Fells Point/Inner Harbor) We wanted to take the MARC train into DC on Friday and not really sure how to do it. The front desk staff were very helpful and got us all the train times and even connected us with a car service vs. a taxi in the morning to get to Penn Station.

Room Tip: It is on a busy street so, ask for a room in the back or higher floors
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Baltimore hotels
Downtown
Brookshire Suites Inner Harbor, BW Premier Collection
Little Italy
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
Downtown
Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Little Italy
Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!