Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvalet parkinggreat locationfront deskpresident streetshot towerwithin walking distancenice hotelport discoveryshort walkchildren's museumfells pointcrab cakesfree breakfastpower plantstayed here for one nightthe breakfast areamake your own waffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The thermostat in the room was controlled by your body movement in room, which no one told us so we kept trying to regulate things and never were very successful We asked several times to have someone come and check things because it was so noisy you could hardly sleep. We found nut shells on the beside table and the bathroom sink smelled like mold. We were suppose to get cab vouchers for John Hopkins Hospital but after the first day(we were there for 4 days) they said we weren't entitled.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am so sorry that you were not properly informed on how our HVAC system works. I will share this and all of your comments with our entire management team here at the hotel.

Regarding the transportation to Johns Hopkins. All guests staying at our hotel under the Johns Hopkins rate plan should receive complimentary transportation to the Johns Hopkins facility. Would you mind contacting me when you have a moment so that I can do further research and make this matter right with you? My contact information is below.

Thank you again!

Yours in Hospitality,
Ellen Mullings
Director of Sales
ellen.mullings@fairfieldinnbaltimore.com
443.392.9155

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is our second stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Habor, and both times we have had positive experiences. Both times we had a 9 y.o. child with us.

Pros: Hotel is very clean with modern, pleasant decor. Everything looks recently remodeled. The staff has always been helpful and pleasant. The pricing is pretty good for what you get. The included breakfast is not stellar, but pretty good. We thought is was fine. (Make-your-own waffle station, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, bagels, cereal, bananas, apples and "Jimmy Dean" breakfast sandwiches). Also, free internet connections in the room. Easy walking distance to the Inner Harbor, and a very short drive to Johns Hopkins. I believe they have a shuttle service to Johns Hopkins, but we chose to drive ourselves.

Cons: The price for parking is a bit steep. $34/day for self-park and $30/day for valet (I guess they really want to encourage you to use the valet). Also, be sure to request a room that faces the courtyard and not the street. Our first visit, we faced the courtyard and slept very well. On the second visit, we faced the road, and the traffic noise (particularly the buses) kept us up a bit, even with a "white noise" machine.

Overall, we quite like the Fairfield Inn, and will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Baltimore (but will be sure to request a room facing the courtyard).

Room Tip: We stayed in room 551 last time, and had some trouble sleeping because of the traffic noise. Be sure to request a room facing the courtyard and not the street.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We live in GA, but chose JH for my wife's surgery in July (2012). We stayed at this hotel for about 2 weeks last summer and again for each of my wife's follow up visits. It is definitely a more "high end" than your typical Fairfield. In addition, it is within walking distance of the Inner Harbor. Finally, the staff does a great job for the JH patients and families. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome (during trying times) and provide complimentary travel vouchers (to and from JH).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JBCR_Travel
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I probably would've given a "5" to this fairly new hotel in Baltimore except for a couple of things:
1. There is NO parking. Well, except for about 5 or 6 "valet" spots that you'll pay $30 a day to use. I was even told (by staff) that parking overnight on the street is not recommended because of break-ins. They got my 30 bucks with that comment.
2. The towels. Normally I could care less about the quality of hotel towels. But in this case I'm assuming that they possibly bought the inventory from a closed-down Super 8 to stock their bathrooms. Ask for extras a the front desk. You'll need at least three to dry off after one shower.
SERVICE: Front desk was OK...all business. No "...Hi! Welcome to Fairfield Inn/Baltimore". No real problem there...just get me checked-in quickly and into my room, which is what they did.
LOCATION: Location is A-plus. Walk to ALL the attractions downtown. (Break-ins seem to be the problem- not muggings.)
Finally: The room was spotlessly clean and bright. Very nice rooms.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank OCsandy
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had one free Marriott night to use before Jan. We choose the Fairfield Inn based on previous reviews. We were not disappointed. We only stayed one night so we did not experience everything the hotel had to offer but I would stay again. It was a short walk to the Inner Harbor and bearable even in the cold weather. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. I also like that it's LEEDs certified. I would love to visit in the warmer months to experience the outdoor seating. My only negative comments are that my bed was too soft and the shower had very low pressure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family