Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #33 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Every year we end up at a different hotel for Preakness, trying to chase the best deal. This hotel was our pick this year. We arrived before check-in time but the front-desk staff kept our bags behind the front desk; when we checked in that evening our bags were already in our rooms. The staff on both shifts were very friendly and attentive. We had a late dinner in the pub. The bartender was also the server for the entire pub. It got very busy later on but he never slacked in service and he maintained a great attitude. Decor of the hotel was casual, cool and very tasteful...exposed brick, timber, very nicely appointed. The bed was the most comfy bed I've ever slept in. I wish I had it at home. Room should have a minifridge. Breakfast the next morning had a nice selection of breakfast sandwiches, cereal, pastry and make-your-own waffles. My only complaint was the microwaves were very confusing to figure out if you were heating up a breakfast sandwich. Excellent location if you need quick access to the highway to get to Pimlico Racetrack. I would totally stay here again.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed here for three nights recently (May, 2012) with the primary purpose of seeing baseball at Camden Yards. A bit of a hike to the ballpark but definitely within walking distance. Closeby is the inner harbor activities, shopping, water taxis to all around B'more, restaurants and Little Italy. The hotel was clean, not super crowded and the front desk was courteous. I checked in early and by the time I returned, my checked baggage was waiting in my room. This is my second time at the hotel and I'll definitely stay again. Make sure you try Miss Shirley's cafe across the street for b'fast. VERY yummy.

1  Thank uncleallanNh
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed here for business in April. The hotel is near all of the restaurants in the harbor and about a mile from University of Maryland Medical Center. Check in was quick and painless although once I went upstairs and dropped my bags and came right back down there was a huge line and one front desk attendant. She was good, however, and quickly got things under control.

Breakfast in the morning is free and GREAT. They have ample supply of breakfast sandwiches, waffle maker, and assorted cold and hot cereal. There is also an evening reception. One morning I was running behind schedule and they were closing the breakfast room but the girl allowed me to come in anyway and grab something to go. She was really busy trying to get everything put away so I really appreciated her allowing me in.

I did have a housekeeping issue with my room. Something that looked like blood was on the sheer curtains in my room and in the grout on the bathroom floor. I could sort of see how housekeeping could miss the curtains (I only noticed because I went to close them since my room faced the front of the building and I was on a low floor and needed to change) but I think the reason why it was missed in the bathroom is because housekeeping simply didn't mop it between guests, which I would assume should be policy. I mentioned this to the front desk on my way to work the next morning and upon my return they were EXTREMELY apologetic and offered me a little snack basket for my inconvenience. We all know things happen and their prompt attention to the matter is what most travelers are looking for when choosing a hotel.

I noticed another traveler mentioned the $30/day to park. Perhaps since I'm from Chicago I'm used to exorbitant parking rates although that doesn't make them easier to swallow. Fortunately, I don't need a car when I'm in B'more (my job and favorite restaurants are all within walking distance from the Fairfield in the Harbor)

Due to the attentive staff and great location, I would definitely stay here again when business brings me back to Baltimore.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This LEED-certified hotel opened just a couple of years ago (2010, I believe) and is in excellent condition. We stayed in a king suite which had a refrigerator/freezer along with a coffee maker and microwave. The hotel is in easy walking distance of Little Italy and the Inner Harbor. The room is comfortable and amenities decent. They also have an inner courtyard with a water feature that is very private and a delightful spot to sit with friends. The unfortunate thing was we were there on prom weekend or something that involved drunken teens/college students on Friday night that security staff struggled to control. Otherwise, the room was very quiet. All hotel staff were very accommodating and responsive, especially when it came to resolving a problem with an air conditioning unit.

Room Tip: The king suite is suitable for three people if using the sofa bed. Four could be pretty crowded. P...
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This hotel is very nice. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. We were able to use our AAA discount, so thought the rate was reasonable. The A/C in the room was extremely comfortable and digitally controlled. The free breakfast was very good and was constantly being restocked. The $30.00/day parking fee was a little much. We didn't need to drive the entire weekend, so to pay $60.00 for an idle car was a bit much.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

the staff were excellent at doing what they do,room was spotless,bed comfortable,free breakfast was more than expected,common areas of hotel were well done and spotless.the only thing stopping me from giving it an excellent review was the $30 fee for overnite parking.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed here after an O's game and going out in Federal Hill with friends. I love that it's a green hotel! They even have a water catcher! The courtyard, in my opinion, is the best part of this hotel. It's just simply gorgeous, there's a nice fountain outside, a mural of lax from universities/colleges in the area (UMD, JHU, Towson, UMBC, etc. Go Terps!). Comfortable chairs and what looked like a fire pit, but it wasn't on because I was exploring in the morning.

Staff was very nice the entire stay, though I only encountered them when I checked in/out. Free brewed coffee in the morning is a very nice touch and should be at all hotels!

Room was very spacious and clean. Everything just seemed very new. Beds were clean and comfortable.

Minus one star for traffic noise outside of the room, it sounded like cars were in the room almost. But that won't stop me from staying here again if I can't drive home. Valet parking is also $30 a day. Ouch.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends