“Great 2 night stay!”

Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Cumberland, Maryland
“Great 2 night stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two night at the end of November and had a great stay. We scored an awesome price from Priceline and were pleasantly surprised that we had a very short walk to Power Plant/Howl at the Moon. Check in went smoothly and the room was very clean. We went to the front desk to inquire about the shuttle and they gave us a coupon for two free admissions to Howl at the Moon (which had a $10 a person cover that Saturday night). We took the free shuttle there and walked back. Even though it is not a great neighborhood, we had no problems walking at night. We asked about bottled water, upon returning, and we were given four free bottles. The night was a little noisy, when bars closed at 2 am, but nothing ear plugs can't help!

Breakfast was very good. Eggs were the best we've had on a free breakfast buffet. The buffet says it closes at 9 am, but they had it open past then, which was nice.

We needed more towels and they were brought up to the room. Check out went smoothly, as well.

All in all, a great stay! We would recommend this hotel anyday. :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for only one night. Its a good hotel - the staff was very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. Good breakfast also. Not sure I would stay longer, as there is no pool is the location is not the greatest, but if you need to be in Baltimore for a short stay, this is a good deal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ebusby
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel is located close to a homeless shelter. People are sleeping on the street just around the corner. The breakfast is great though. They provide many breakfast options. But during my stay, I saw homeless people coming for free breakfast. The hotel also offers complimentary shuttle to anywhere within 1 mile radius, which is good for people who are not driving. The hotel lobby is gorgeous and the room is very clean.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kanemics
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore-Downtown, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Kanemics,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and found the shuttle service convenient. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed there for 2 weeks during November 2013. The staff was good and the hotel was one of the cheapest and most value for money in the city. the room was clean and had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toiletries, TV with HD channels, steam iron and a personal locker. The tariff was including breakfast. All the rooms were non-smoking and there was a hefty fine of 150 USD on smoking. The problems I faced were- one of the driver of their shuttle service (Mr Kevin) was extremely rude, the surrounding locality was not very safe to walk around at night and there were no good restaurants around. I invariably had to order on phone or walk 4 blocks to get dinner.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less disturbance from traffic below
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Prashant D
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed here four nights after mistakenly showing up at the Holiday Inn across from the convention center. Written redirections from the hotelier were concise, but was it only a mile? Walking through the yellow light district on Baltimore Street was a treat. After being directed by one of the native hanger-outers to Gay Street, He quickly implored,"what's in that bag?" I conveniently had acquired two diet soft drinks and some snacks at CVS on Light Street on the way to the hotel. I just happened to have a Dr. Pepper Cherry for him and I kept the Mountain Dew for later consumption. While some change would have pleased the stranger, he gladly accepted the bottle as we viewed the active topless bar scene from the outside of the strip, so to speak! It was several blocks to the obscured Express, with the former bank hotel host calmly welcoming me on the chilly evening as my glasses fogged up. I made a quick stop to the two-station desktop area but could not access the internet even with the provided code. The young rep helped me with access and later my jacket was retreived by one of the helpers after I had left it in the lobby. After a sumptuous and FREE breakfast, I enjoyed the mile hike each way to the convention center, while The Elusive Spondulix(another hungry coin dealer) would only wait quietly and anxiously for a shuttle to the same destination. The room was well appointed with a modern tv and small refrigerator to assist with the quality ice available on every other floor. Three pieces of well-worn fitness equipment were in disrepair in the center. A good value on priceline.com as usual was had.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

In my stay at the Holiday Inn Express I encountered nothing but professionalism and kindness. I was the guest of a physically challenged person who frequently required additional help from all aspects of the staff. They were ALWAYS willing to help and with a smile on their face. When an unfortunate situation developed, the staff, (David) went above and beyond to help overcome the challenges and to make sure the rest of our stay was as comfortable as possible. Even the manager inquired if there was anything he could do to help or further accommodate our needs. wow. What was an embarrassing situation was handles like it was an everyday occurrence and nothing to get excited about. Day or night, the staff was/ is incredible. And APPARENTLY every Wednesday, the sales Mgr. has a "Mgr. Dinner" which is catered in from various local establishments to the dining room for the guests. Not only is she one of the most BEAUTIFUL ladies I've ever seen, kindness and sincerity flows from her like water over Niagara falls. The location is apparently an old, renovated bank and retains the charm of times past. The continental breakfast is superb and all in all I very much enjoyed my stay and WOULD return as well as highly recommend it.

Room Tip: All the rooms see to be equally nice. I couldn't narrow down a specific area, however, the rooms...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I can only think of one way to express how I was treated at the Holiday Inn Express, downtown Baltimore, and that is WOW! The location was a bit far from the Convention Center, but I should have done my research first, so that's on me. Also, walking back to hotel at night was a bit of a gamble because of the last few blocks leading to the hotel, nonetheless my trip went smooth and without problems. Besides, it was only a $6.00 taxi ride to hotel, so that took care of that anyway. The rooms were clean, the beds and pillows were very comfortable and rooms surprisingly quiet. The AC worked very well too. Did not go to the gym, so no comments there.

Now, the customer service I received was certainly second to none. Period. Everyone treated me extremely well, everyone including James (the driver), and those on the front desk, but specially Yolani, who managed the breakfast and kitchen area. Yolani was always cordial, hard worker but most importantly extremely pleasant, with an amazing attitude and always with a smile. It was just easy to start the day in a good mood and with a good breakfast too.

Thank you Yolani, you sure brightened up my mornings.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business