“outstanding”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
“outstanding”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Everything about this hotel is fantastic. From the bellhops, architecture, furnishings, and all of the extra amenities, I was very impressed. I especially loved the wine tasting around the fire with the coziness of a family atmosphere including the well behaved dogs enjoying themselves. This is a unique and especially warm and caring environment. The only mishap was the bellhop in the early am. He was not on top of his job. Otherwise, everything and everyone was exceptional.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Korean first
Coopersburg,PA
Reviewed December 30, 2010

This hotel is a hidden gem in an urban city setting. Beautiful Old World Hotel with updated features. Only open a year it is modern, beautiful, and very comfortable. Truely a must stay type of place. We arrived after a horrible trip on I 95 and were catered too by the staff from the valet , to the bellman to the front desk check in. WoW!!! Only no is the on site resturant. Others surround the hotel, would strongly recommend them over the one attached to hotel. It was the only negative on our trip.

Reviewed December 29, 2010

Stayed here with wife and two young kids on overnight trip to Baltimore. We went to a Globetrotters game, so this location was ideal for us. May not be for others. Room was a Mediterranean suite. Not huge, but high ceilings make up for it. Separate bedroom for mom and dad was nice, but pocket doors mean it's not as private as you might like. Bathroom was incredible. We didn't use the tub, but would have. And view of downtown Baltimore is great. Staff was very accommodating. They forgot the robes for the kids, but comped us dinner at the restaurant instead. (Best room service ever.) Great customer service!! Kids loved hot chocolate and wii in the lobby. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2010
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 28, 2010

The hotel was very nice, well furnished and clean. The valet's and front desk staff were very helpful. This was a fantastic stay until we reviewed our credit card bill and found we had been charged an extra fee not associated with the room fee or the valet parking charge. We called the hotel and found the charge was for items used from the rooms mini-bar. We did not use the items and disputed the charge.
This is a great place to stay if your going to the inner-harbor area but be sure to review your credit card statement for add-on charges.

Fredericksburg
Reviewed December 27, 2010

The Hotel Monaco is an excellent choice when traveling to Baltimore. My wife & I stayed there and were thoroughly pleased. Every staff member is pleasant and professional. Rooms are large, clean and modern. The common areas of the hotel just can not be beat.. And they are pet friendly at no additional fee.. This is a safe bet for an enjoyable stay in the Baltimore area.

By the way there are several nearby parking garages that can save a few dollars from the hotel rate.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I was referred to this hotel by SniqueAway.com (pronounced Sneak Away) and was immediately struck by the beautiful pictures. I carefully read all the TripAdvisor reviews to be fully informed. Let me say that this hotel is beautiful! I planned this weekend as a date night/ getaway with my husband and all weekend all he could say is 'Wow!'.

Upon checkin, you're offered a companion goldfish to name and care for. Pets are welcome as well and the hotel provides pet toys and food to welcome your critter. The decor is incredible -- the ceilings in the guest rooms must be about 12-14 feet high and the bathroom is well appointed with Aveda products. Basically, you can trust the pictures - the hotel is really just as beautiful as it seems.

We didn't dine at the hotel restaurant (B&O) but we did go by to see it. It had a funny smell, kinda like cleaning supplies maybe. We chose to accept another TripAdvisor recommendation and eat at Vaccaro's up the road - another excellent choice.

Glendale, California
Reviewed December 20, 2010

I stay at the Kimpton hotels whenever I can, and this is one example of why. The airline lost my bag and promised to have it delivered overnight. Needless to say, the bag did not come and I was faced with the prospect of attending a business meeting in my travel clothes from the previous day. When I shared this with the housekeeper, she quietly left the room and came back with a bag of toiletries. I was hesitating going to my meeting, but the housekeeper told me that I would feel better after showering and that my blouse could be pressed and I would look just fine. She was right. I made the meeting and was able to get through the day thanks to her.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business