“Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I didn't think that i was going to like this hotel being that i never heard of it , but i can tell u , i will stay there again it was wonderful u don't even have to leave the hotel if u don't want to, every thing is rt there for u the staff helpful the rooms are cozy my husband and my self highly recommend this place .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Korean first
new jersey
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Me and my significate other stayed here for the weekend and it was a wonderful stay. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are spacious, clean, beautifully decorated and has one of the most beautiful bathrooms I've ever saw in a hotel.

Washington, DC
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We were looking for a quick getaway over the fourth of July weekend, and the prospect of a Kimpton Hotel for reasonable price (~$150) THAT ALLOWED DOGS sealed the deal for us. We weren't disappointed. The hotel was in a beautiful restored building (former home of the B&O Railway). The location was not quite central (it was in what felt like a business district, which at night and on the weekend felt a little deserted). However, the hotel itself was very nice and we enjoyed our stay. It was an easy walk to the harbor.

Rooms were large - we had a double room, which worked out fine for four people (2 adults, a 13 and 16 year old). I had noted on my reservation that we would be bringing our dog (no extra charge), and when we arrived, there was even a small dog bed and dog dish of food/water for our pet! Staff was friendly. Room was very clean and comfortable. Only complaint was that we were awakened in the night by loud talkers next door - so maybe the soundproofing isn't as great as one would expect in an old building. But other than that, we had a great stay.

One note: parking at the hotel is $36. However, after 5 or so on the weekend, street parking is free, and seemed abundant (check the parking ticket machines on the street - it seems different parts of town have different regulations and hours). So for our Saturday overnight stay, we just parked on the street right down the block from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
orlando, fl
Reviewed July 7, 2010

First off everyone at the hotel was very nice and accommodating. We loved our corner room and the toiletries. However, I guess our expectations were really high based on all the great reviews on Tripadvisor. I know the hotel is historic but the halls and entrance was worn, had a very odd smell, carpet stains and just in need of a good cleaning. I also wouldn't recommend walking around here at night. We were in town for a conference at the convention center and thought we'd be okay to walk back and forth. It was only a ten minute walk but those were some scary moments! There are a lot of scary people hanging around outside. Nice hotel itself, but next time I'll stay closer to the Harbour or convention center.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Northeast
Reviewed July 7, 2010

First the good:
-The rooms are spacious and have very high ceilings which make them seem even more so
-Our bathroom was incredible. We had a giant two person tub with seats and a separate shower.
-The water pressure is great
-Staff is very friendly
Now the bad:
-We checked in in the evening, turned down the thermostat, and went to bed. Tossed and turned all night from being too hot. In the morning found out why--the room was 74 when it was set for 65. We had to be moved to a different room. If I have the inconvenience of having to pack up all my things and move down to a lower floor (in a nice, 4 star hotel), I'd like to be compensated in some day-- a breakfast voucher, have a day of parking taken off, something. We got nothing.
-The first morning we went to the front desk to get our car. They said to go downstairs and it would be ready in 10 mins. We waited 15 then asked the valet. He said they hadn't gotten the request and we had to wait another 10 mins to get the car.
-The hotel isn't really condusive to walking to the harbor, especially in July heat. We had to drive everywhere we went.
-We booked through a third party. I printed out the paperwork before we left in case there was a problem at check-in. After we got to the room I read the fine print and a free breakfast was included in our reservation. We were never told this at check-in. Had I not brought the paperwork, read the fine print, and asked the front desk we wouldn't have received our breakfast.

I really am wowed by all the positive reviews on this site. I don't consider myself a picky traveler and was not impressed by this hotel. Had I been staying at an inexpensive chain, I would be satisfied. But considering this is a 4 star hotel I was disappointed and would not return.

Barrington, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 6, 2010

The Monaco Hotels have always been pretty high on my list -- I've always liked the chic design, the goldfish, and the Aveda toiletries -- but the addition of zebra and leopard print bathrobes has sealed the deal!

Our room was a little small but we didn't mind because we were only there for a quick overnight. We did appreciate the large walk-in shower and the fluffy towels. Best of all, though were the robes. So fun!!

We enjoyed a glass of sangria at the wine reception before heading out for the evening but were disappointed when we returned that the B&O Restaurant had stopped serving food (including dessert) at 9 pm. When it came time to check out, we had an extremely helpful desk clerk, Christine, who looked up a parking coupon on the internet and offered to print our boarding passes.

It was a short stay, but one we look forward to repeating.

London
Reviewed July 4, 2010

We had the pleasure of staying in this hotel last October. My only regret about the entire stay is thy it's taken us this long to write a review. Truly enjoyed the experience, large rooms, amazing staff, originally and uniquely decorated rooms. Complimentary wine reception and milk and cookies were the icing on the cake! Very impressed and would love to return. Many thanks for an amazing stay.

• Stayed July 2010