“Great Hotel with Great Service”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
DC
“Great Hotel with Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

It was a great experience. Well worth the money. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Korean first
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

Beautiful Hotel Great location, most of the staff very friendly. We took our dog, and while the experience was good, we requested a sitter for him while at the baseball game. When we returned at 10:30 after the game, "Dewey" was asleep on the bed with his large retractable leash still attached to his collar. I shudder to think of the care he got. I would not take him again.
I'm trying not to let this cloud my perception of the hotel, it is beautiful and I'm sure we will return some day. The parking of $ 36.00 per day is ridiculous however. Once we saw our car parked around the corner with a window down.
I just tried to send an email through their "contact us" on their website. I typed out this long listed of concerns and praises, only to have it returned as undeliverable. That also happened when I emailed questions before our visit. They need to work on that!

That said, the hotel is beautiful, as are all Kimptons. Everyone was very friendly. I loved the city, it was my first visit. I hope to return next summer, but, I won't be bringing Dewey. Maybe the pet experience is better if you have a smaller pet. Dewey weighs close to 100 lbs.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cindyldoe
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

We were fortunate enough to find out about the Monaco on-line through Expedia, but we ended up getting a better price by booking directly through the hotel with a AAA discount. I know these were introductory rates, and unfortunately have heard rates will double or triple as the hotel becomes more well-known. We were so excited to stay in the hotel from the photos of the beautiful historic building and tasteful but interesting decor in the lobby and rooms. We were even more pleased in person! The valet parking attendants and bell staff were friendly and helpful from the moment we drove up. My son loved the warm chocolate chip cookies at the front desk. The room was beautiful and spacious (although an extra chair would have been nice.) The bathroom and shower were gorgeous! Everyone was so friendly, and while the parking was expensive, we never heard a word of complaint as we took our cars in and out multiple times. After only one day, the bellmen recognized us and greeted us warmly as if we were friends. We had a few small glitches (a sliding door that got stuck, the satellite TV lost service) but the front desk was so responsive and each issue was dealt with immediately. The hotel is pet-friendly, and we really wished we had brought our two labradors! I can't wait to stay at the Monaco again, when we visit our daughter at Johns Hopkins! Let's hope the rates don't become too prohibitively high!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

This is our second stay at a Kimpton property and I just can't say enough about their hotels!

The Hotel Monaco Baltimore exceeded my expectations from the gorgeous lobby with fireplace to it's elegant entrance in what was the old B & O Railroad building. Our room was huge and typically Kimpton with it's eclectic and beautiful decor and furnishings.

We had amenities: L'Occitane bath products, plush robes for use or purchase PLUS vouchers for free continental breakfast for all four of us each day. As a Kimpton In Touch member we also received a $10 credit for treats in the in-room mini bar.

Ambiance, style and beauty for a grand opening special price of under $110/night????? What more could we have asked for?? Well be back!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family