“I never want to stay anywhere else....”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New Jersey
“I never want to stay anywhere else....”
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We were fortunate enough to find out about the Monaco on-line through Expedia, but we ended up getting a better price by booking directly through the hotel with a AAA discount. I know these were introductory rates, and unfortunately have heard rates will double or triple as the hotel becomes more well-known. We were so excited to stay in the hotel from the photos of the beautiful historic building and tasteful but interesting decor in the lobby and rooms. We were even more pleased in person! The valet parking attendants and bell staff were friendly and helpful from the moment we drove up. My son loved the warm chocolate chip cookies at the front desk. The room was beautiful and spacious (although an extra chair would have been nice.) The bathroom and shower were gorgeous! Everyone was so friendly, and while the parking was expensive, we never heard a word of complaint as we took our cars in and out multiple times. After only one day, the bellmen recognized us and greeted us warmly as if we were friends. We had a few small glitches (a sliding door that got stuck, the satellite TV lost service) but the front desk was so responsive and each issue was dealt with immediately. The hotel is pet-friendly, and we really wished we had brought our two labradors! I can't wait to stay at the Monaco again, when we visit our daughter at Johns Hopkins! Let's hope the rates don't become too prohibitively high!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed September 19, 2009

This is our second stay at a Kimpton property and I just can't say enough about their hotels!

The Hotel Monaco Baltimore exceeded my expectations from the gorgeous lobby with fireplace to it's elegant entrance in what was the old B & O Railroad building. Our room was huge and typically Kimpton with it's eclectic and beautiful decor and furnishings.

We had amenities: L'Occitane bath products, plush robes for use or purchase PLUS vouchers for free continental breakfast for all four of us each day. As a Kimpton In Touch member we also received a $10 credit for treats in the in-room mini bar.

Ambiance, style and beauty for a grand opening special price of under $110/night????? What more could we have asked for?? Well be back!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
South Jersey
Reviewed September 9, 2009

The hotel was beautiful! I booked this property at an introductory rate before the hotel even opened. This is the second Kimpton property I've stayed out and I can now say I've simply fallen in love with Kimpton!

The hotel staff were friendly and knowledgable. Whenever I saw an employee always smiled and said hello. The bed was comfy and shower was awesome. The size of my room was MORE than large enough!

I would stay at this property again if I ever traveled to Baltimore.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo