“Really Nice”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Swedesboro, New Jersey
“Really Nice”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were in town with our adult kids and grandchild to visit the National Aquarium and see the Orioles play the Yankees at Camden Yards (both are less than a mile away from the hotel). Back in mid-April when we were looking for a room, the Kimpton web site said that they were booked. We found an awesome deal at Hotelsclick.com ($132.25/night) that was almost half off the regular rate. Back to the hotel...When we arrived early on Saturday morning (9:45AM), the desk clerks were quick and accommodating. When the rooms were available, the desk clerks called us to let us know. Upon entering the room, we were pleasantly surprised at how well it was appointed and how comfortable the bed was. Excellent experience all around.

Room Tip: Join the Kimpton Loyalty Rewards Program to get free in-room wifi and a free $10 credit to the mini...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Swedesboro S:

Thank you for your kind words.
Glad you enojyed your stay. I will share your great review with our entire team.

Joe Pagone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Korean first
West Babylon, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed for a weekend at this hotel , and we were not disappointed. This is the second Kimpton we've stayed at , and they continue to be impressive. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Rooms are clean, and have nice amenities. The only issue with this place, is it's location. It's a couple blocks off of the attractions at Inner Harbor area. Normally, i wouldn't mind a couple blocks away, but this area is a little rough. We encountered a collection of unsavory characters, who are pretty forward, asking for money etc. I would definitely recommend the hotel, just watch yourself on the streets nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Drknite12:

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with our valuable feedbacl.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Historic former HQ for the B&O railroad. Grand lobby. Free wine reception. We had a large room with high ceiling and huge windows. Downtown Baltimore easy walk to Inner Harbor & Charles Street. Decent restaurant and bar in the hotel. Teenagers congregate on some streets in the area late at night, but we had no problems.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Dan F:

Thank you for staying with us and for your great feedback.
We appreciate you taking the time to share this with the TA community.
We look forward to your return.

San Diego, California
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I don't spend a ton of time in Baltimore, but I bought tickets to the Jeff Tweedy concert at Symphony Hall and despite the Red Sox being in town was able to book a room at the Monaco.

I decided to plump for the 'Spa Room', and booked it through Orbitz. Arrived at the hotel around 4pm, checked in (super friendly at reception and at the valet btw), changed and promptly went out for an early dinner before the concert. While in the room I noticed it was hot, but hey its summer in Baltimore and I figured it was going to take a bit of time for the room to cool down, thought nothing of it and went.

Returned to the hotel around 1am and the room was still hot. There was a little disclaimer by the a/c panel that said that the rooms take time to cool, and that when you are out, in order to save energy, the a/c shuts off. Fine, no problem. I cranked the temp all the way down and thought it would sort itself out in 10 or 20 minutes, then went to sleep. I woke up a couple hours later and the room was the same temp, HOT, but now it was 3 or 4 am, and there was no way I was going downstairs to get a maintenance guy or switch rooms, so I figured I'd wait it out for the morning.

So, the next morning my wife and I got our stuff together after a leisurely soak in the spa tub, then went to check out and I debated saying anything, but I thought that at least they should know. We go downstairs, and check out, and they ask how everything was and I said it was great, the room was great, but that the a/c was not functioning properly in the room.

They asked if I had called down, but I told them the story and why I didn't call but that it was ok, and they should have someone look at the unit. The front desk manager overheard, and immediately told me that the room would be taken care of and the charges reversed back to Orbitz to credit our account.

I thought this was excellent, obviously, but even more I was impressed with the way that the manager handled it. It wasn't a " if you like I can discount your room" kind of an offer. It was straight and to the point. "Your stay wasn't up to expectations, and I am going to make it right."

The manager gave me his card, which I can't find now, but he was great, and I will be staying at the Monaco the next time I'm in Baltimore, no questions asked. I'm glad to see that hospitality is alive and well.

Just as an aside, everything else in the room was great. It was exceptionally clean, and the bed was very comfy. Also, the deep tub that comes with the SPA room was excellent, and a great place to spend time relaxing.

Room Tip: Spa Room was a good choice, the tub is very big, very deep and very relaxing.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear eygone:

Thank you for staying with us.
I really enjoyed reading your feedback. We stand by our products and services and in the event somethign does not go as planned we certainly make it right. I am glad our team took great care of you. We look forward to your return.

Townsend, Delaware
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotel was great. Great room, staff, amenities, service. Our only criticism was the food and room service. Either the food arrived not prepared as requested or it arrived cold or it arrived much later than we were told it would. In fairness to the Hotel they tried to make it right and when they could not they did not charge us for for the items in question. Overall this is a great hotel and one I would highly recommend and one we will visit again when we are in Baltimore. I should add that the reason for this visit was to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary and attend a concert in Baltimore. The hotel had a complimentary bottle of champagne chilled and waiting for us in our room. I also asked the concierge to obtain 40 red roses for my wife and they were waiting for us and they were gorgeous.

If you want to stay at a fantastic hotel then this one is for you.

Room Tip: Any seem to be good. Join the Kimpton Club and you can raid the amenity cabinet for up to $10 per st...
Green Features: They are very environmentally friendly and recycle wherever possible.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Philip M:

Thank you for spending your anniversary with us.
It was great to hear how well our team took care of you. I will certainly adress the room service issues with my team to ensure they are not repeated. We look forward to your return.

Milford, Delaware
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I recently stayed at the Philadelphia location, and I was happy to find a Kimpton in Baltimore. The location is a short walk to some of Baltimore's major tourist areas- Inner harbor, water taxi, Little Italy)
The valet parking, even on a week day was very smooth, quick,and efficient. Another plus, an ATM is right on premises- not every hotel has that. The lobby is beautiful. Upon walking in, it invites you to stop and admire. The check in was smooth- the staff were friendly and welcomed my husband back from sea. ( He had been on the ship for 100 Plus days) I loved our room- it was actually 2 rooms- a separate bedroom, both with flat screen TV's. I also loved the bathroom- all marble with a jacuzzi tub. Overall, the bathroom and room were very clean. The Kimpton hotel has a minibar with the usual soda and cocktails, but the snacks range from m and m's to more organic fare. And did I mention the bottle of chilled champagne in our room? Nice touch! My husband and I enjoyed a lovely dinner in their restaurant. The server was very nice- we ate dinner and watched Germany beat Brazil. I think to do the restaurant justice, I will write a separate review. In my opinion, a stay here is a treat;yes, the prices are city prices, but the amenities, service, and location make it worthwhile. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dogmom11236:

Thank you for your feedack. I am glad we could make you and your husbands trip a special one.
We look forward to your return soon!

Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here several times this year. The facility is beautifully decorated, maintaining the building's historic charm with a modern flair. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. The staff was accommodating, professional and polite. We wanted to eat at the adjoining B&O Restaurant but service was horrible so we left without ordering.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Oriolezgurl:

Thank you for staying with us so frequently we truly appreciate it.
I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay. My sincerest apologies for the challenges you experienced in our restaurant. Please know I will be sure to follow up with our restaurant in regards to the service. We look forward to your return.